500* brake fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 09:17 PM

*red* is an unknown quantity at this point
500* brake fluid?

I was using some cheap brake fluid and yesterday I lost my back brake after about 20 min. of riding. Today I put some 500 degree boiling point fluid in and the same thing? worked great for about 15-20 min. then I stopped got a drink got back on and brakes just bottomed out again? They haven't failed while riding just after I get off for a few. Anybody know whats up?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:19 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 500* brake fluid?

your leaving your foot on the brake all the time...or your caliper is sticking...just stating the obvious first
Old 12-13-2006, 09:22 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you did change all the fluid right ? not just whats in the res ....again dont be insulted ..i dont know how much you know so im starting with the basics
Old 12-13-2006, 09:27 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Motul RBF600.... if you're using anything else you might as well use water
Old 12-13-2006, 09:27 PM

I drained all the fluid and put all new back in, and yeah the only place by me that has lights is pretty small for me and when I started running at 4k rpm's it seems like im on the brake all the time. guess maybe I just need to find a longer spot. Just didn't know if that was normal.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:28 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

it's called brake fade, u're a convicted brake rapist, now stop it.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:30 PM
also known as OMR

try 3000 rpm 4000 is alot and im an idle stunter haha
Old 12-13-2006, 09:30 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Turn that **** down to 1k untill you're nice and smooth with no idle... THEN learn idle.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:31 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by nags
Motul RBF600.... if you're using anything else you might as well use water
oh yea and you definatly need this stuff
Old 12-13-2006, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
oh yea and you definatly need this stuff

http://www.haibikeshop.com/store/ind...roducts_id=495
Old 12-13-2006, 09:33 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by nags
Turn that **** down to 1k untill you're nice and smooth with no idle... THEN learn idle.
come on nags dont hate on the idle ...its easier to learn with the idle up a bit ...then turn it down when your better if you want
Old 12-13-2006, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
come on nags dont hate on the idle ...its easier to learn with the idle up a bit ...then turn it down when your better if you want
I think it's easier to learn the other way around...
Old 12-13-2006, 09:45 PM

so once I have had the fluid boiling do I need to change it or just let it cool down?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:54 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

well it's not good for it, ruins the viscocity of it, but it's ok, once it starts to darken, then swap it asap
Old 12-13-2006, 09:55 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by *red*
so once I have had the fluid boiling do I need to change it or just let it cool down?
every time you boil it ..it boils at a lower temp
Old 12-13-2006, 10:30 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
it's called brake fade, u're a convicted brake rapist, now stop it.
ouch!
Old 12-14-2006, 12:01 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

your riding your brake too much!!! I do it some times as well, TURN YOUR IDEAL DOWN 500 RPM!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 01:18 AM

MT B RRUTHLESS is a decent person

no no no i have the right answer what dot is it and does it have silocan in it i had the same problem but i used dot 5 no good,,i put it my bike and crashed my bike couse of it i was rocking a wheelie when they went out,had no cage and busted my 900rr motor ,i got it fixed **** costed money the problem with some of these brake fluids is that they have silocan in it and it is to much for the seals to handle so they like leak or **** in air, so that is why it is doing that to u ,,if that is the case u said it happened to u two times,, prob not a fluke thing u know,,, check let me know,, and if it is the case that u put silocan brake fliud in it , i would change the master cylinder to,,, read the fluid bottle,,,,,,
Old 12-14-2006, 04:46 AM
scrape it son!

tigroo is a decent person

i use any dot 5.1 brake fluid for a while, never had an issue with the brakes, xcept when the line broken haha
Old 12-14-2006, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by MT B RRUTHLESS
no no no i have the right answer what dot is it and does it have silocan in it i had the same problem but i used dot 5 no good,,i put it my bike and crashed my bike couse of it i was rocking a wheelie when they went out,had no cage and busted my 900rr motor ,i got it fixed **** costed money the problem with some of these brake fluids is that they have silocan in it and it is to much for the seals to handle so they like leak or **** in air, so that is why it is doing that to u ,,if that is the case u said it happened to u two times,, prob not a fluke thing u know,,, check let me know,, and if it is the case that u put silocan brake fliud in it , i would change the master cylinder to,,, read the fluid bottle,,,,,,
Yeah I checked the bottle it does have silicone in it. But I first had the problem running just some regular dot 3. I will check but I dont think I lost any fluid. Once it cooled down they were back to working. I think Im just staying on the brake too much.

Quick Reply: 500* brake fluid?