DO i need handbrake yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 10:36 PM
1up

1up is an unknown quantity at this point
DO i need handbrake yet?

SO whats up people this will be my first post....ANYWAYS... I will be ending my first year of riding and yeah I have the basic sit downs and stand ups and ive found my B/P i have a 06 Gixxer, caged, One down in the front and 17 up in the back for sprockets....THis winter i wanna get my 12 bar on and im thinking, Should i start learning the handbrake? Ive overcome the CHOPPY throttle and im pretty confident in my wheelies, Ive started Doing spreader wheelies and im looking to start doing 50/50's and crossed up wheelies....... I dont wanna have people talking **** to me for things.. but i just wanna know? Im 100% looking to stunt and thats all i do...Ive learned ALOT! my first year and im REALLY ?determind? to progress fast!

Thank you for any info.
Jordan
Old 12-05-2006, 10:37 PM

budd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the rough
Re: DO i need handbrake yet?

cant hurt
Old 12-05-2006, 10:38 PM

Guru is a decent person

Originally Posted by 1up
SO whats up people this will be my first post....ANYWAYS... I will be ending my first year of riding and yeah I have the basic sit downs and stand ups and ive found my B/P i have a 06 Gixxer, caged, One down in the front and 17 up in the back for sprockets....THis winter i wanna get my 12 bar on and im thinking, Should i start learning the handbrake? Ive overcome the CHOPPY throttle and im pretty confident in my wheelies, Ive started Doing spreader wheelies and im looking to start doing 50/50's and crossed up wheelies....... I dont wanna have people talking **** to me for things.. but i just wanna know? Im 100% looking to stunt and thats all i do...Ive learned ALOT! my first year and im REALLY ?determind? to progress fast!

Thank you for any info.
Jordan

do you have idle?? can you do a coaster??? can you scrape 12 anytime you want?? if your answer to any of these are no i would wait!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:42 PM
1up

Nope...i just wanted to be sure of my self with the basics, Once i slap the bar on ill start trying to Coast wheelies and for sure start scraping it, But i just wanna learn the handbrake ASAP. i know im still learning but i wanna get started on learning the feel of the handbrake, I came on this site looking for any info possible Thank you...
Old 12-05-2006, 10:42 PM
lky

lky is an unknown quantity at this point

i found the h/b easier to learn then the foot break, personal prefrence try it and see how u feel
Old 12-05-2006, 10:46 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lky
i found the h/b easier to learn then the foot break, personal prefrence try it and see how u feel

your not suppose to tell people that....
Old 12-05-2006, 10:50 PM
1up

Ic ... I also started swtiching each foot back to my rear pegs, each foot then both then also Seat standers.. but while on the seat it just comes up so ****ing easy and i cant get that B/P and i wanna bring it back further and further to hit 12 bar... Wont the handbrake help slow me WAY down and also smooth out my wheelies? = WAY MORE CONFIDENCE?
Old 12-05-2006, 10:51 PM

Guru is a decent person

learn your foot brake first!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:52 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

if you think it will help you then get it. if you dont you are going to limit your learning b/c you will always be thinking "do i need a HB". if you have brake and throttle control down learning the HB wont be a problem.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:10 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

run wutchya brung
Old 12-06-2006, 12:29 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by DLish
run wutchya brung
+1

however, when ur learning coasters n 12 whenever, it can't hurt to have the H.B. it'll save ur *** a lot when something gets sketchey and u aint trying to get broke
Old 12-06-2006, 12:31 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

yeah, worse case, use it as a saftey net.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:48 AM

+1 again
Old 12-06-2006, 12:56 AM

Guru is a decent person

Originally Posted by E RacK
+1

however, when ur learning coasters n 12 whenever, it can't hurt to have the H.B. it'll save ur *** a lot when something gets sketchey and u aint trying to get broke

how so?? if your doing a normal coaster your finger has the clutch pulled in. so how will the handbrake help??
Old 12-06-2006, 02:57 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

me n my homie had this debate for days, he got a hb, and i stayed w.o one for days, till i figured out idle and coasters n scrapes n burnouts,

well he can do ss circles and merks and jumptos

and im workin on nohanders and right circles, and all the **** he learned hella kwik that i didnt.... the hb is easy to learn tho...takes a day or 2 and ull be pretty confident in it

id like to think u become a smoother rider when u fully know footbreak before handbreak its all bout seat time tho man...do it big
Old 12-06-2006, 03:41 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Guru SF
do you have idle?? can you do a coaster??? can you scrape 12 anytime you want?? if your answer to any of these are no i would wait!
Old 12-06-2006, 04:35 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

bikes should come stock with handbrakes...

-kane
Old 12-06-2006, 04:50 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

Originally Posted by 1up

Thank you for any info.
Jordan
i guess im the NEW rider i been at it for 7 months longer than you but i leatned in the lots with a HB i learned backwards cause i just recently learned to ride with foot brake and clutch, i say set ur bike up 100% stunt if thats where ur heart is and you will learn as much as you are motivated to learn and when you come across a trick you think you cant do (for me it was the hc circle) give it a try before you say i cant, casue like me you prolly can! do it just dont know it yet...

stunting is nothing more than a confidence game, trial and error
Old 12-06-2006, 04:51 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

how so?? if your doing a normal coaster your finger has the clutch pulled in. so how will the handbrake help??
clutch hb held together??
Old 12-06-2006, 05:43 AM

if ur not used to the foot brake yet and something goes bad on ut way to the balance point, occasionally a throttle does get stuck even on well maintained bikes

Quick Reply: DO i need handbrake yet?