DO i need handbrake yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 05:47 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve
Re: DO i need handbrake yet?

Originally Posted by Guru SF
do you have idle?? can you do a coaster??? can you scrape 12 anytime you want?? if your answer to any of these are no i would wait!

someone must have had a darious budget while learning, or just rolls around with a busted *** subframe, especially scraping 12 anytime, but then again, gurtrude sf must have read where you said that u dont have a 12 bar yet, as i said before, as well have others, a handbrake will not hurt at all, even while learning, u might as well get used to using it now then try to play catch up
Old 12-06-2006, 08:04 AM

AsphaltAssault is an unknown quantity at this point

learn your foot brake first!!!!!
+1 def. learn the foot brake first before the hand brake, because doing coasters and scrapes are easier with the footbrake.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:34 AM

cYcLePaThIc954 is a decent person

i think he said he dose have the footbrake down...but anyway i bought my bike with a hb on it and didnt use it for about 3 months or riding.till i got the footbrake down..now i use it as much as possible its so much more fun
Old 12-06-2006, 11:43 AM

Hazen is a decent person

learn your foot brake first!!!!!
Amen. :YEAH
Old 12-06-2006, 11:52 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by E RacK
+1

however, when ur learning coasters n 12 whenever, it can't hurt to have the H.B. it'll save ur *** a lot when something gets sketchey and u aint trying to get broke
what are you talking about

Learn everything else like Guru said - you can do SS's for miles without a HB, most of us learned that way.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:05 PM

Guru is a decent person

someone must have had a darious budget while learning, or just rolls around with a busted *** subframe, especially scraping 12 anytime, but then again, gurtrude sf must have read where you said that u dont have a 12 bar yet, as i said before, as well have others, a handbrake will not hurt at all, even while learning, u might as well get used to using it now then try to play catch up

are you serious?? first off i have a honda so i dont have to worry about subframe problems!

plus i did read that he didnt have a 12 bar yet. but he said he was gettin one.

listen no offense. i mean your avatar is of 2 mint lookin bikes. do you even know how to wheelie? let alone use your brake?

play catch up?? he needs to learn his footbrake first. like others in this post said you can do ss tanks highchairs. for miles without a handbrake. i did and so did many others. and he is geared so high he doesnt even need to use the brake
Old 12-06-2006, 12:10 PM

BeLLiSSimO1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scott3824
Learn everything else like Guru said - you can do SS's for miles without a HB, most of us learned that way.

+1!!!!!!

Exactly learn the old school way, i think it will actually make you a better rider. makes ya learn how to use the engine as a brake, and will help smooth out your throttle, cuz if you start choppin it you know your goin over.:YEAH
Old 12-06-2006, 12:13 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

If Your Rollin -1 +17 U Might As Well Get A Handbrake To
Old 12-06-2006, 12:16 PM

Guru is a decent person

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
-1 17 up is rediculus

yeah!!!

but one of my boys rock 20 up and loves it so ???

i like my +14

i barley need to use the brake lol
Old 12-06-2006, 12:17 PM

do you have idle?? can you do a coaster??? can you scrape 12 anytime you want?? if your answer to any of these are no i would wait!
WITH -1 +17 HE SHOULD HAVE IDLE ON LOCK WITH THE BIKE RUNNING AT 1200 RPMS
Old 12-06-2006, 12:20 PM

yeah!!!

but one of my boys rock 20 up and loves it so ???

i like my +14

i barley need to use the brake lol
I WAS 15 UP IN THE REAR AND HATED I ROCKED IT FOR 2 WEEKS AND WENT BACK TO STOCK BUT I AM GOIN 14 UP ON MY F4EASY
Old 12-06-2006, 12:28 PM

cYcLePaThIc954 is a decent person

i rock a 70 tooth and barely use my hb...but im switchin to a 56 as soon as i stop bein lazy
Old 12-06-2006, 12:30 PM
MOTO DOC

WHEELIE4U is an unknown quantity at this point

build your bike and use what works for you.

f$^* what everyone else thinks, if something you put on your bike helps ROCK THAT ****

that would be like my lead tech making a new guy dyno mapp a bike with out our tuning link software, yes it can be done lots of people did it for years (including me) . but whats the point i mean why slow things down,, if there is a easyer way, do it that way.

i feel the same about the whole HB discussion, i do feel like you need to know how to use the foot pedal.. but at the same time if a HB is going to speed up progresse than whats the problem?
ive been trying to pick up FB for a min. now,, put a HB on the fiddy and started slowing it down , catching idle and just over all feeling better about my progresse. on top of that the HB cable broke this morning at work , so started trying foot brake and it feels much easyer after using the HB
Old 12-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
If Your Rollin -1 +17 U Might As Well Get A Handbrake To
you don't even need a hb with that gearing unless you are doing ofp coasters or o's
Old 12-06-2006, 01:29 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

nooooooo hb, learn footbrake first.. god , BASICS are important... once u have coasters, no handers, n such, then get a hb.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:36 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

if ur not used to the foot brake yet and something goes bad on ut way to the balance point, occasionally a throttle does get stuck even on well maintained bikes
Dude, if this guy can't use the footbrake, I doubt in the middle of eating **** he's gonna remember to grab his handbrake. Just use your footbrake and get your basics down. When you start doing off the peg stuff, pick up a handbrake.

Last edited by inolen; 12-06-2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Yay anthony!!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:43 PM

DEBO is a decent person

I am very unfamilar with foot brake, how does that work????? I have a 72 tooth sprocket and a Handbrake.

Do I need to get a foot brake too?
Old 12-06-2006, 02:52 PM
MOTO DOC

WHEELIE4U is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DEBO
I am very unfamilar with foot brake, how does that work????? I have a 72 tooth sprocket and a Handbrake.

Do I need to get a foot brake too?
just for the flintstone stops
Old 12-06-2006, 03:12 PM

Guru is a decent person

im sure this guy is still going to just get a hb anyways

Quick Reply: DO i need handbrake yet?