who would buy this cage for $300 new.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:30 PM

AsphaltAssault is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: who would buy this cage for $300 new.

my friend has mxd and there are alot of differences. if they have a pat. its not close enough to get sued over i know all about patents i build choppers for a living and have a good name in the industry.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:35 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by celgsxr
what kinda cage is that
an MXD

Originally Posted by AsphaltAssault
my friend has mxd and there are alot of differences. if they have a pat. its not close enough to get sued over i know all about patents i build choppers for a living and have a good name in the industry.
ok, just off looking at the pics, they look simular
Bottom line is a)I dont think you would ever get $300, $250 is a bit more realistic, and b)get some of your cages on other peoples bikes first, or lets see some media of your cage in action ,again
Old 12-05-2006, 03:38 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

there is no need for a brace it, i have looked into it. ya i could probably do $250.
so I just realized you live a few towns over. Ill take the neighbor discount please. Thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 03:43 PM
gStatus

KURLZ is a splendid one to beholdKURLZ is a splendid one to beholdKURLZ is a splendid one to beholdKURLZ is a splendid one to beholdKURLZ is a splendid one to beholdKURLZ is a splendid one to beholdKURLZ is a splendid one to behold

Make a cage for my bike, and Ill buy it for like 250, cause I cant find anyone to make me one
Old 12-05-2006, 03:47 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Cathi will become famous soon enoughCathi will become famous soon enough

what???? im a federal motorcycle manufacturer i can legally sell it and produce it.
from what i have heard unless you carry a patent on the product, you will be asked to cease your work...

a federal motorcycle manufaturer ? so you pay federal taxes to make motorcycles? or the government pays you to make motorcycles? hehe .. just askin
Old 12-05-2006, 03:56 PM

dlong is an unknown quantity at this point

well 150$ too expensive and i wouldnt have one that is tig welded, a mig weld is 150% stronger, might not look as clean but is way stronger. but at least it looks good, perfect for internet stunters though
Old 12-05-2006, 04:03 PM

but it is a very good looking cage, i agree with everyone else, sell cheap to get your name out, let the cage prove itself, its gonna be hard to beat the value and strength of a sickinnovations cage.....again
Old 12-05-2006, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by dlong
well 150$ too expensive and i wouldnt have one that is tig welded, a mig weld is 150% stronger, might not look as clean but is way stronger. but at least it looks good, perfect for internet stunters though
DUDE ARE YOU ON CRACK OR SOMETHING! TIG WELDING IS WAY STRONGER THAN MIG WELDING! I BUILD CHASSIS AND WOULD DARE MIG WELD THEM. MIG WELDING IS ABOUT 50% AS STRONG AS TIG. JUST SO YOU KNOW.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:10 PM

yeah im a certified welder, so u really aint telling me nothing, lets just how many of those 300$ cages you sell....lol, like i said just my
Old 12-05-2006, 04:14 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Your design looks good, im sure that your cages are worth $300 but the fact of the matter is as you can see most of your stuntriders are broke but feel that they deserve everything for free cause they can wheelie.....$300 might be a lil high, i would adjust slighty but don't kill yourself over it.....find some guys to rep your product and get it some publicity, but overall i tihink you got a good design so good luck......
Old 12-05-2006, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by T-Ice
Your design looks good, im sure that your cages are worth $300 but the fact of the matter is as you can see most of your stuntriders are broke but feel that they deserve everything for free cause they can wheelie.....$300 might be a lil high, i would adjust slighty but don't kill yourself over it.....find some guys to rep your product and get it some publicity, but overall i tihink you got a good design so good luck......
thanks man thats what i wanted to hear. im going down to stuntwar early this year with boston bob. so i'll show you them down there. im bring cage down too.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:39 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

$250.00 with a lifetime warranty!!!!

I dunno about you but I'd buy.. anybody learning circles would prolly go for a lifetime warranty! I mean if it's as strong as S.I. you prolly wouldn't replace many at all.. and it only cost about 20 bucks to make one!
Old 12-05-2006, 04:46 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yeah im a certified welder, so u really aint telling me nothing, lets just how many of those 300$ cages you sell....lol, like i said just my
then why would you say mig is better than tig
Old 12-05-2006, 04:51 PM

i didnt say better i said stronger,tig is alot cleaner but mig is just a stronger weld if you know how to weld,especially if your welding something as small as tubing, unless you use an assload of filler rod, have u seen 905, fi, sick innovations, or powers tig theres?on top of that its a time restraint tig welding it, you can mig weld up 5 before you tig weld one
Old 12-05-2006, 04:53 PM

RyGy is a decent person

wow
Old 12-05-2006, 04:54 PM

pacustoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Tig is better than mig.. for the roll cages nhra states Tig weld.. a good welder can mig but tig is the strongest welds of the 2
Old 12-05-2006, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
$250.00 with a lifetime warranty!!!!

I dunno about you but I'd buy.. anybody learning circles would prolly go for a lifetime warranty! I mean if it's as strong as S.I. you prolly wouldn't replace many at all.. and it only cost about 20 bucks to make one!
it cost alot more than that call your local steel yard it cost about $100 in materials, then you need a tubing bender to bend the tubing, a welder, a lathe to make the slugs, and bridgeport to notch the tubing. theres alot more involved than you think and you need to R&D the cage. if you notice it bolts up to the lower subframe bolts not the rear motor mount that always breaks the motor mount bolts.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:58 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Id sell em for $250 with no warrenty. Then if they hold up and people like them raise the price a little.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by pacustoms
Tig is better than mig.. for the roll cages nhra states Tig weld.. a good welder can mig but tig is the strongest welds of the 2
ok i put it as a personal preference on my crash cages.i prefer mig welding mine, i would never tig them. its kinda hard to trust someone elses tig welding, its just not something eveyone can do.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:59 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

I can't believe you are a certified welder and you think MIG is stronger than TIG... Yes TIG does take longer but it is stronger...

Oh I take that beck all race car cade builders just like the extra time it takes to TIG weld vs. MIG welding it. what an asshat!

Quick Reply: who would buy this cage for $300 new.