question about bike stalling

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 10:54 PM

keithk76 is an unknown quantity at this point
question about bike stalling

i flipped my clipons around and i gotta tell ya its a world of difference. when i get some extra money im buying db bars or zero degree clipons but for now, the stock clipons flipped are awesome. my stoppies are ALOT better all of a sudden i think it really helps sitting up higher. my bike has shut off a few times while in the air like right as i pick it up and i roll the stoppie for a few feet with the motor stalled. could this be from a tipover switch maybe? ive never gotten my stoppies really high like i am now so i thought maybe it was that switch. its never cut off while in a wheelie though. maybe im not pulling the clutch in right away? seems that still shouldnt stall the bike should it? its an 05 636 by the way.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough
Re: question about bike stalling

Originally Posted by keithk76
i flipped my clipons around and i gotta tell ya its a world of difference. when i get some extra money im buying db bars or zero degree clipons but for now, the stock clipons flipped are awesome. my stoppies are ALOT better all of a sudden i think it really helps sitting up higher. my bike has shut off a few times while in the air like right as i pick it up and i roll the stoppie for a few feet with the motor stalled. could this be from a tipover switch maybe? ive never gotten my stoppies really high like i am now so i thought maybe it was that switch. its never cut off while in a wheelie though. maybe im not pulling the clutch in right away? seems that still shouldnt stall the bike should it? its an 05 636 by the way.
maybe you were low on gas .lol. never heard of ANY bike kill itself on rear or front BP from tipover sensor. you should bypass that **** ne way just incase. no tipover sensor = chainsaws for the crowd.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:02 PM

keithk76 is an unknown quantity at this point

well i had bout half a tank, i do have a little hole in the top of my tank, i dont think that effects the fuel pump at all though.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:51 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by keithk76
well i had bout half a tank, i do have a little hole in the top of my tank, i dont think that effects the fuel pump at all though.
maybe you hit the kill switch. i know that sounds rediculous but i have done it before. seriously. usually coming back from highchair.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:37 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

y did i think this said "question about bike stealing" ??????
Old 12-27-2006, 06:22 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

because you can't read?

Old 12-27-2006, 11:44 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

shouldnt be the tip sensor. I would be out for an hour practicing stoppies on my 05 636 and it never turned off on me
Old 12-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MiltIV
maybe you hit the kill switch. i know that sounds rediculous but i have done it before. seriously. usually coming back from highchair.
Ive done the exact same thing doing high chairs, I was like what the he!! happened, only to realize my killswitch was hit accidentially. :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 12-27-2006, 12:07 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by bruno_z
because you can't read?

good thing it took you so long to read it, at least i can recognize what words look like, yup yup