Learning slow stuff is fun...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 04:25 AM

Nine54f4i is a decent person
Learning slow stuff is fun...

Ouch, finally went out with some friends and started trying slow stuff. I turned the idle up to about a little over 3k.... 4th stand up or so got it up well into balance point got scared got scared jumped off going probally around 6-10mph before i hit the ground the pipe caught (stock pipe not cut and my friends have told me i should cut it down... maybe next time ill listen) bike spun and landed on the top broke the fairing stay all the tabs off of the head light, the master cylinder half of the C clamp, half my taillight broke off inside of the housing and smoked the front cowl along with breaking all the tabs off of the guage cluster... Acerbis headlight here i come!

Old 11-29-2006, 05:11 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person
Re: Learning slow stuff is fun...

i see this happen alot when newer guys go out and learn with out taking advice, my boy did the same thing to a minty 954, well congrats on learning
Old 11-29-2006, 06:38 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

scraps and scars is all part of the game. sometimes crashing is a good thing because it lets you know the bikes capabilities and how to proportion it to your own limits. definitely chop that pipe and keep at it, it'll all be worth it when you start progressing and see the fruits of your labor.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:09 AM

Malicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud of

Shes beautiful
Old 11-29-2006, 08:10 AM

stuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud of

see the tip sensor in first pic, you need to get rid of that when you build it back IMO
Old 11-29-2006, 08:20 AM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

just remember, a deer ran out in front of ya......

gotta start somewhere, streetfight the thing..............
Old 11-29-2006, 08:22 AM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

AHHHHH, Gotta love a good ol' crashin.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:28 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

It's part of the game..Keep at it.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:00 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Dang! The price of admission I guess.

I'm learning on a stationary bike right now. And while I have not damaged the bike yet (because it's tied down) There's been some damage to delicate areas of my body. That first drop down to sitting on the tank made me wonder if you guys wear cups.

Then I got all distracted.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:04 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person

well.... first thing you did is cranked the idle up while learning.... you need to have brake controll, and be used to BP before you turn the idle up. once you hit BP and dont use brake the idle just carries you on back... read up on the "how to wheelie threads"
Old 11-29-2006, 05:45 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

If you had it going only 10 mph it sounds like your doing well, except for the crash. By the time I pull mine up to bp I'm usually going about 30 mph. I've been stuck at 30 for the last few days, can't seem to slow em down anymore than that. It also gets real wobbly below that.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:47 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

tip over sensor.... jump the two outside wires together, cut the middle... and instead of worrying about your pipe, learn not to jump, to hit brake
Old 11-29-2006, 05:48 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by apfire26
If you had it going only 10 mph it sounds like your doing well, except for the crash. By the time I pull mine up to bp I'm usually going about 30 mph. I've been stuck at 30 for the last few days, can't seem to slow em down anymore than that. It also gets real wobbly below that.
start from a dead stop
Old 11-29-2006, 06:34 PM

countomeoout is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't know why people don't start on fiddys, then shitty bikes, then take there fancy new bikes out to a spot..
Old 11-29-2006, 07:32 PM

gixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by countomeoout
i don't know why people don't start on fiddys, then shitty bikes, then take there fancy new bikes out to a spot..
i did, but i still think im gonna **** up my nice bike sooner or later. cant resist wheelyin clean bikes
Old 11-29-2006, 07:35 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Tos Sensor Red To Green Tape Off White
Old 11-29-2006, 08:17 PM

J-Boogie is a decent person

wheelie yay! yay! do it huh? do it!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

welcome to the club wrecked three times the same way in a week. When the oh **** kicks in and cant help but hop off...learning the brake is hard.imho
Old 11-29-2006, 09:30 PM

Nine54f4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by countomeoout
Hah it was far from a nice bike, it was salvage bike when i got it (front rim and forks were smoked and the lower triple tree was tweaked a bit). I also havent just started riding either learned stoppies, wheelies, christ etc... a bit ago, just slow stuff looks alot more fun! ... and feels alot more fun hah
Old 11-29-2006, 09:38 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
AHHHHH, Gotta love a good ol' crashin.
thats what im talkin' a bout. Brings a tear to my eye. Good job buddy. It all comes with the territory. Scrape a few, crash a few, drink a few! :YEAH :YEAH

some zip ties, duct tape & ur riding in the morning

Quick Reply: Learning slow stuff is fun...