Do you guys hate this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 10:46 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of
Do you guys hate this?

While burning footage today it seemed like the photographers got in the way a lot at the motorcycle mayhem event. During competition runs. I was one of them.

Would it be better if there were set rules about where the photogs could go during competition runs, and maybe more lax rules at exhibitions, where you're not getting scored on how well you avoid running over the photogs?

And sorry to everyone I got in the way of. I didn't know what I was doing. (consistently don't know... )
Old 11-27-2006, 08:13 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of
Re: Do you guys hate this?

Nobody hates this? Come on. I know at least Alex Flores hates it. (sorry Alex!)
Old 11-27-2006, 08:16 AM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by excessa
Nobody hates this? Come on. I know at least Alex Flores hates it. (sorry Alex!)
we hate everything... from squids to birds
Old 11-27-2006, 08:23 AM

Not you. I know your hate is strong.

I mean normal people. Normal stunters.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:33 AM

This is a serious question, I'd like to comment on how the stunters feel about the media getting in the way during a competition run, but I can't speak knowledgably about that, because I don't know how you guys feel. I have a great clip of Tone doing a side skitch rodeo into a crowd of photogs. (who all moved) And of Alex Flores yelling "what the F*CK?" at me, as I stood there dumbfounded. (classic)

I'd know how you all feel but *sigh* I was too much of a spaz and couldn't shut up.

There, is everyone happy?
Now answer the question, pleeeeze.

*mutters* like they have no flaws or something...think they're so great. */muttering*
Old 11-27-2006, 09:12 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

No I feel ya......at comps there should be an area where photographers can take pics, but the problem there is then they all basically get the same footage. On the other hand, I do like to see photographers right up in the mix getting shots while the riders stunt around/close to them....but that wouldn't work at a comp.....
Old 11-27-2006, 09:15 AM

It didn't appear to be working. But I was just trying to follow the other guys who looked like they knew what they were doing. I should have followed Nick Apex, because he has a great eye and was never in the middle of things where people needed to stunt.

I have actually been feeling guilty about this. This is among the issues with learning on the fly.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:55 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Most likely you just dont know how to film. I know you are making a documentary or something but when I saw you filming you were just standing there holding the camera down at your side and looking at the pop out viewfinder. I couldn't imagine any of that footage to turn out good.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

I love lamp!
Old 11-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

I love carpet!
Old 11-27-2006, 12:48 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
I love carpet!
me too but it's got to match the curtains
Old 11-27-2006, 12:51 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
I love carpet!
i love beer
Old 11-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Darius
me too but it's got to match the curtains
It's Drapes, man! Drapes!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Senior Moderators

I think I just ruined this thread.....My bad!
Old 11-27-2006, 12:58 PM

celgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud of

why do you have a pic of martha stuwart sitting in a chair...... i never understood...

but i would love to no why??????
Old 11-27-2006, 01:06 PM

A lot of my footage turned out very good. But you're right I didn't know the first thing about filming, I just tried to keep the bike in the frame and not get run over. I did all right. My editor likes what he's seeing and he knows what he's doing, so I guess I'm ok.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by celgsxr
why do you have a pic of martha stuwart sitting in a chair...... i never understood...

but i would love to no why??????
My son took that picture of me, I write a lot so it's fitting.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by excessa
My son took that picture of me, I write a lot so it's fitting.
Haha, it doesn't look like you!
Old 11-27-2006, 01:10 PM

I hate pictures of me. They either don't look like me or I think I'm better looking than I actually am.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:15 PM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

most these cats have people filming them all the time to make their own vids, so they get used to someone being up close and in the "way"

rules are simple, its the cameramans job to pay attention to the rider not the other way around

if the camera guy is good and intune with whats going on, most the time u can predict whats about to happen by the way bike and body movement are going

in a area with a bunch of people riding in ever direction ya its hard to not cut someone off, or get in the way, part of the game tho

Quick Reply: Do you guys hate this?