thumb throttle benefits?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 02:37 PM

Jon Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: thumb throttle benefits?

I personally work with Bill D everyday.. The thumb throttle is just something different.. and thats how Bill D is. Just like everyone else in this thread said to "what are the BENIFITS" = Personal Prefrence!!! Bill D been rockin quads all his life killen races left and right and just one day he thought "hey lets try it on the six"!! **** works great I tried it out i like the feel and not to mention the fact you have so much more body levrage with more hand on the bars... also doin rev limiter stoppies!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:40 PM

Jon Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaHammer
ive never heard of a thumb throttle on a sportbike. thats pretty pimp. if ne1 knows where to get a setup for a 06 600rr, ill consider being a test dummy and post pics

All it is just a Moose Racing Thumb Throttle for 124.95 Retail from Part Unlmtd:YEAH
Old 11-22-2006, 07:05 PM
www.warpedtoys.com

WarpedToys is a decent person

BTW that show was the first time he ever used in a comp and won everything. I guess it works good. hehe

Bill and us are working on something sick for stuntwars, it should steal the show there but I can't give much detail yet, but it will be the sickest stunt bike yet if we can get it done by then and one of a kind.

Think people would B*tch about a Thumb Throttle wait until you see the new R7 as we like to call it. hehe Sick as ****...
Old 11-22-2006, 07:13 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Were Do You Get One Of These Thumb Throttle Settups
Old 11-22-2006, 07:24 PM
www.warpedtoys.com

You can give us a call we can sell you a kit, some bikes you may need a longer cable.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:34 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

Maybe It Helps Him Hold On To The Bike Better When He Is Doing Tandem....*shruggs*
Old 11-22-2006, 07:40 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had thought about it alot......heard of a couple people doin it, evenutally I got a twist throttle for my 440ex and got used to it(somewhat).......someday I may try it, who knows
Old 11-22-2006, 09:04 PM

niles181 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe It Helps Him Hold On To The Bike Better When He Is Doing Tandem....*shruggs*

thats what im thinking and you would be less likely to grab a hand full of gas doing combos. i seen it to at Kentucky this weekend
Old 11-22-2006, 09:16 PM

KEITH PBZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
Were Do You Get One Of These Thumb Throttle Settups
I have had one on all my bikes for the last four years. It is from a yamaha raptor, you use the cable off your streetbike that will thread right into the thumb throttle. You take off the other cable and u might have to re route the cable because if it is to tight when you turn the bars it will rev the motor. Not the best pic but if i find a better one i will post it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Megan's Camera 014.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	184080  

Last edited by KEITH PBZ; 11-22-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:23 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

cause he is doing rev limiter stoppies now
goooooooooosh
Old 11-22-2006, 09:25 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WarpedToys
BTW that show was the first time he ever used in a comp and won everything. I guess it works good. hehe

Bill and us are working on something sick for stuntwars, it should steal the show there but I can't give much detail yet, but it will be the sickest stunt bike yet if we can get it done by then and one of a kind.

Think people would B*tch about a Thumb Throttle wait until you see the new R7 as we like to call it. hehe Sick as ****...
oh oh oh let me tell about the ......................... ok i wont
Old 11-22-2006, 09:52 PM
www.warpedtoys.com

Originally Posted by suicidl
oh oh oh let me tell about the ......................... ok i wont

Hey FL has to break out something new, Shhhh keep it on the DL.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:56 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KEITH PBZ
I have had one on all my bikes for the last four years. It is from a yamaha raptor, you use the cable off your streetbike that will thread right into the thumb throttle. You take off the other cable and u might have to re route the cable because if it is to tight when you turn the bars it will rev the motor. Not the best pic but if i find a better one i will post it
I always wondered how it would mount up.....I used to have a 400EX stock thumb throttle.....even the inlet for the throttle cable matches the threads on my 600RR.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:13 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WarpedToys
You can give us a call we can sell you a kit, some bikes you may need a longer cable.
WILL DO ITS FOR MY F4I I STARTED STUNTING ON A QUAD SO IT SEEMS LIKE ITS JUST BETTER FOR THROTTLE CONTROL
Old 11-23-2006, 01:43 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

+1..............
Old 02-06-2009, 11:21 AM

trx250x7 is a decent person

There is 2 cables on my bike. is there a thumb throttle that has the same?
Old 02-06-2009, 11:50 AM

loko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KEITH PBZ
I have seen this before and it's gangster!
I am a quad murdererrrr and I have thought about it a lot?
Just never attempted it? I do know that I HATE twist on quads because when it gets rough on trails and you get a lot of side to side movement it seems much harder to stay smooth in the gas (maybe i just never got used to twist on quads) had one on a raptor and took that **** off! I have always been much smoother on a thumb throttle due to the long quad background and I may try it on a bike in the future but I don't know if id like it on a bike? anymore im just as smooth on a bike so???
anyway there's my
only advantage I see is preference and the fact that you may be smoother with things like tank stuff and pull outs things of that nature?
I know on quads I am!?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:01 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by loko
I have seen this before and it's gangster!
I am a quad murdererrrr and I have thought about it a lot?
Just never attempted it? I do know that I HATE twist on quads because when it gets rough on trails and you get a lot of side to side movement it seems much harder to stay smooth in the gas (maybe i just never got used to twist on quads) had one on a raptor and took that **** off! I have always been much smoother on a thumb throttle due to the long quad background and I may try it on a bike in the future but I don't know if id like it on a bike? anymore im just as smooth on a bike so???
anyway there's my
only advantage I see is preference and the fact that you may be smoother with things like tank stuff and pull outs things of that nature?
I know on quads I am!?
Why are all you're Statements questions? Sorry... Had to ask.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

i'm not even close to being ready to start messing with my throttle, im still working on getting better throttle control with the normal set up.....lol
although if i knew someone who had it i wouldn't mind giving it a try.

not over twisting during combos or hanging on makes sense, and it would make it easier to rev limit in stoppies. its all personal preferance, just like some people rock the clutch under the HB..... its different set up thats not the norm, but they like it and are comfortable with it.

just because BillD uses a thumb throttle is not the reason the is so good or wins comps. hes an amazing rider because he has put in the hard work, pratice, creativity and dedication to become one of the best. it doesn't matter, he would kill it with a regular throttle or thumb throttle.

Last edited by INSANECRAZZY; 02-06-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:45 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ando
You only need to use your thumb = You can hold on to the bars without pulling the throttle on.....so you can jump/move into positions that would usualy cause you to hit the gass

Dunno.....but im guessing thats the kinda answer you were looking for?
But, you also gotta consider your taking your thumb off the handlebar, so your just hanging on with your fingers..

Quick Reply: thumb throttle benefits?