Hmm Bad@$$ Idea!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 10:00 PM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

EGO has a spectacular aura aboutEGO has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hmm Bad@$$ Idea!!!!

bahhh with the 2 stroke.... Ga'bage.... four stroke or no stroke. I don't like metz tires at all, I think they are way to hard. I sell every damn tire on the market and hate them the most. Don't get me wrong them make an ok tire but it would be my last pick. I love my 450 the damn thing is sic but I am runnig Marchesini Wheels. Man buying thing at cost saves big bucks. I think I paid around $800 for them. Bought them awhile ago so not sure if that's spot on but it near.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:26 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

the problem with running the stock rims on them is the width. You lose contact area running those skinny tires and they are also larger in diameter which affects your final gear ratio and your CG.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:16 AM

solidjohnny is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the comments. I personally would prefer a thumper but only for actually racing. Stunting a thumper would be exactly like stunting my gixxer...only easier. Just running around the lot at idle all day long. I love the challenge this 2-stroke is giving me.

Sorry about the van in the picture, i just finished the conversion and wanted to snap some quick pictures.

Last edited by solidjohnny; 11-24-2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:22 AM

solidjohnny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sock
solid johnny... you have any video of you on that thing? I have an 03 rm250 that i've been thinking about doing the motard setup but figured it be hard as **** to slow down a 2stroke and do o's and all.
Sorry, i don't have any videos yet. Check these guys out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LY1GpWvnNA There is also the Tony D video too.

Its really easy to slow down since theres no engine braking to make it jerky or twitchy. My engine is stock so the throttle is very snappy. There are mods you can do like reed valve spacers, a different pipe, throttle cams, and even fly-wheel weights that will make the throttle a lot easier to control, but you'll loose a lot of top end snap.

I still like to race on the track so i just leave it stock.

Last edited by solidjohnny; 11-24-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:22 AM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hmm BadAss Idea!!!!

Originally Posted by aaronwilliams
are you slow? you can run a tube in a tubless tire...

And there are other tires out there to sit stock DB wheels you dont need to run the rim lock you can if you want, the SM wheel setup is nice for wider tires and more tire selection but this will work i got my XR100 setup like that.

what year is ur 100? i got an 04.