Any way to clip ons closer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 07:44 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any way to clip ons closer?

I have a 2003 636 and I finally got around to denting the tank in tonight. After sitting on it, I still have a little trouble reaching the clip ons comfortably. I do not know if I have short arms or what, but I have to struggle to reach them when I am on the tank. So, is there any way to raise the clip ons or get aftermarket ones that are maybe a little higher?

Thanks
Tim
Old 11-13-2006, 08:18 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all
Re: Any way to clip ons closer?

woodcraft or f.i. are adjustable
if your having "reach" problems you might need to get bars
Old 11-13-2006, 09:26 PM

jcrojas is an unknown quantity at this point

Try them on top of the triples or DB bars.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:32 PM

Damn, I dont like these answerw, LOL. I really do not want DB bars. I only need like and inch or so, and was hoping some aftermarket clip on would be a little higher. If not, I will just have to figure it out another way. To hell with DB bars.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:35 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jcrojas
Try them on top of the triples
Old 11-13-2006, 09:36 PM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ringmaster72
Damn, I dont like these answerw, LOL. I really do not want DB bars. I only need like and inch or so, and was hoping some aftermarket clip on would be a little higher. If not, I will just have to figure it out another way. To hell with DB bars.
exactly, to hell with db:YEAH How tall are you? On the 636 you can actually just flip the upside down and the left to the right and it will make it a little better. Have you started doing tank wheelies at BP yet?
Old 11-13-2006, 09:39 PM

I am 5'9". I am just starting tank wheelies, so no BP yet. I have heard about flipping the sides, but never heard what the advantage was. I guess I will give that a shot then.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:45 PM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light

yeah it will help a bit. Its kind of a funky angle but its better then stock... for stunting anyways. Also once you get the front up close to balance point you wont feel as stretched out since you will be leaning forwrd a bit more then you are when the bike is just sitting. If a midget like darius can do it and a fat *** like my self can, then you shouldnt have a problem with reach since your close to average