New SSB Mag!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 11:48 AM

Jessica Maine is a decent person
Re: New SSB Mag!

betcha get a lot kiss *** too though right?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:49 AM

mikkee is a decent person

Okay here's the problem dumb dumbs!! This is not so much about a fucing picture..

For the "Racing 905," street ride supported by Super Streetbike, in the bike night out article I'm looking at right now on page35.. The article states:

800 strongparade participants were also treated to impromptu stunt shows by some of California's best amateur Stunters, including Mike "Debo" Plaza, Jason Pullen, Troy Hoff, Alex Flores, Tony "Broke Neck" Medina and Famous Riders Warren James and Jamal "J-Beats" Kindred, who all took part in the ride and did their part to kill the streets between the starting point at backwoods BBQ in Corona, California, and the big show in Pomona.

Now 3 of the 7 riders mentioned actually killed the streets, the rest didn't do 1 wheelie but there name waws there?????????...... And SIC riders who actually killed the streets did not even get mentioned.. Thats like posting the results for Motorcycle Mayhem and not mentioning a rider who placed.

So, what's the excuse now..

Was SSB even there covering the ride?? Or did they just know those names were present and just assumed they all stunted the streets.. Bottom line, get the facts strait, give credit to those who did what they did... Do it right, or don't do it at all..

Last edited by mikkee; 11-14-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:52 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Mag, but you can't please everyone all of the time......so fvck em!!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by skillz954
nooo.. screw YOU scuba steve!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:58 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadRashChic
nooo.. screw YOU scuba steve!!!
whaaaaat are you talking about crazy??

How's LA treating ya??
Old 11-14-2006, 12:09 PM

whaaaaat are you talking about crazy??

How's LA treating ya??
wonderfully... I couldn't have asked for more things to happen...

anyways...
Old 11-14-2006, 12:46 PM

SoCalRPM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R1Aaron
Bro, if I had a nickel for every time someone calls or emails to ***** about not being in the mag...hell, I probably made $2.50 already this morning!

"I was there, why was I not in the magazine!" Or, my favorite, "I was in the magazine, why was I not on the cover," or "Why was there only one pic of me in there, not three or four at least..." or "Why was my story only three pages long, not twelve..." or "Why did you show the right side of my bike and not the left that shows such and such sticker..." and on and on...

Listen, there's no vast conspiracy against the Sic Riders or Nate or anyone. The story in question is about SSB's Bike Night Out event. Almost 3,000 paying fans showed up for that event. There were two street rides that same day (Ruff Ryders and Racing 905), each of which attracted roughly 800 riders to quote-unquote "Kill The Streets" (shaking head...). There were two dozen models in a fashion show, and countless model wanna-bes in the model search. There were roughly 75 custom bikes that showed up. Three dozen vendors that paid to display. Three pro stunt riders that we paid a lot of money to ride. Countless volunteers to pull it all off. We had room for six pages, 800 words and 38 pictures. Apologies to the hundreds of you that we failed to recognize publicly, including every last one of the sic riders.

Maybe we didn't get a picture of Nate. Maybe we did, and it wasn't a good one. Who knows... And even if we did get a good one of him with the cop car, we probably wouldn't have used it. For better or for worse, publishing SSB isn't about putting out a fan zine just to give props to our friends. It literally costs millions of dollars to produce, sell, print and distribute a title like this, and all it takes is one newsstand purchasing agent anywhere inside Wal-Mart to see something he or she doesn't like (a dude wheelying down a crowded so-cal highway with a cop on his tail, for example) and petition to have us pulled from their newsstands nationwide and there goes 15%-20% of our total newsstand sales. It's happened before to Primedia's car mags...hell, they did it to bands like Nirvana and Korn, they won't stop for a piddly moto mag. Like I said, for better or for worse, that's our reality, sorry if it doesn't live up to your expectations. We could do a different mag that gets away with a lot more content wise, but you'll have a hell of a time finding it in every convenience store and WalMart in bum-fsck nowhere and it ain't going to bring near as much money or attention to this sport.

If it's any consolation, though, the custom bike guys are even bigger cry babies than stunters...
Aaron just says it so well...
Old 11-14-2006, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by mikkee
Okay here's the problem dumb dumbs!! This is not so much about a fucing picture..

For the "Racing 905," street ride supported by Super Streetbike, in the bike night out article I'm looking at right now on page35.. The article states:

800 strongparade participants were also treated to impromptu stunt shows by some of California's best amateur Stunters, including Mike "Debo" Plaza, Jason Pullen, Troy Hoff, Alex Flores, Tony "Broke Neck" Medina and Famous Riders Warren James and Jamal "J-Beats" Kindred, who all took part in the ride and did their part to kill the streets between the starting point at backwoods BBQ in Corona, California, and the big show in Pomona.

Now 3 of the 7 riders mentioned actually killed the streets, the rest didn't do 1 wheelie but there name waws there?????????...... And SIC riders who actually killed the streets did not even get mentioned.. Thats like posting the results for Motorcycle Mayhem and not mentioning a rider who placed.

So, what's the excuse now..

Was SSB even there covering the ride?? Or did they just know those names were present and just assumed they all stunted the streets.. Bottom line, get the facts strait, give credit to those who did what they did... Do it right, or don't do it at all..
I have been helping Sic Riders since Day 1 and Nate had a full page at the Stunt Wars article, I gave the Sic Riders Video a good review, I covered the mini-moto race a while back, Joseph, Nate and G was on the Mexico article this year...

OK Joseph you showed up to ONE ride and I didn't see you in the pics and forgot to give you a shout out. So you put me on blast?

It just get's frustrating for ever 1 person you help, 10 get butt hurt. And like Aaron said, you get that 1 person a pic and then they ***** about the pic. So you are damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Truth be known, I do my best to help out the most riders possible. I stand up for ALL riders in meetings and places that I don't care to discuss on a internet forum. If occasionally you don't get the proper shout out and/or the right picture, then I'm sorry. The alternative could be worse.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by mikkee

It was a Racing 905 Ride to the Super Streetbike Event. It was covered because I had 3,000000000000000000000000 riders *****ing at me because they couldn't stunt in the show.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll never do it again.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Bro, if I had a nickel for every time someone calls or emails to ***** about not being in the mag...hell, I probably made $2.50 already this morning!

"I was there, why was I not in the magazine!" Or, my favorite, "I was in the magazine, why was I not on the cover," or "Why was there only one pic of me in there, not three or four at least..." or "Why was my story only three pages long, not twelve..." or "Why did you show the right side of my bike and not the left that shows such and such sticker..." and on and on...

Listen, there's no vast conspiracy against the Sic Riders or Nate or anyone. The story in question is about SSB's Bike Night Out event. Almost 3,000 paying fans showed up for that event. There were two street rides that same day (Ruff Ryders and Racing 905), each of which attracted roughly 800 riders to quote-unquote "Kill The Streets" (shaking head...). There were two dozen models in a fashion show, and countless model wanna-bes in the model search. There were roughly 75 custom bikes that showed up. Three dozen vendors that paid to display. Three pro stunt riders that we paid a lot of money to ride. Countless volunteers to pull it all off. We had room for six pages, 800 words and 38 pictures. Apologies to the hundreds of you that we failed to recognize publicly, including every last one of the sic riders.

Maybe we didn't get a picture of Nate. Maybe we did, and it wasn't a good one. Who knows... And even if we did get a good one of him with the cop car, we probably wouldn't have used it. For better or for worse, publishing SSB isn't about putting out a fan zine just to give props to our friends. It literally costs millions of dollars to produce, sell, print and distribute a title like this, and all it takes is one newsstand purchasing agent anywhere inside Wal-Mart to see something he or she doesn't like (a dude wheelying down a crowded so-cal highway with a cop on his tail, for example) and petition to have us pulled from their newsstands nationwide and there goes 15%-20% of our total newsstand sales. It's happened before to Primedia's car mags...hell, they did it to bands like Nirvana and Korn, they won't stop for a piddly moto mag. Like I said, for better or for worse, that's our reality, sorry if it doesn't live up to your expectations. We could do a different mag that gets away with a lot more content wise, but you'll have a hell of a time finding it in every convenience store and WalMart in bum-fsck nowhere and it ain't going to bring near as much money or attention to this sport.

If it's any consolation, though, the custom bike guys are even bigger cry babies than stunters...

yo frankie, dont take my comment about nickles as if it was towards you...it was in defense.

and john, why did you use a pic of me in the latest issue with 4 different colors of garments on!!!! are you trying to make me look bad!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6

and john, why did you use a pic of me in the latest issue with 4 different colors of garments on!!!! are you trying to make me look bad!!!
You do a fine job all by yourself
Old 11-14-2006, 01:15 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

i do like the fact that there were more competitors from motorcycle mayhem pictured... it gave everyone a little shout
Old 11-14-2006, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
i do like the fact that there were more competitors from motorcycle mayhem pictured... it gave everyone a little shout

tommy boy!!! I miss ya!!! too long of time since we've talked! I'm on your side of the world.. just not north enough now
Old 11-14-2006, 01:39 PM

socalstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by INdaStreetz
U just lost one reader who tries to buy your magazine the DAY it comes out on stands - been reading from the start !

The fact is, you CAN get away with it, but you are to busy worrying about company image than the lifestyle of riding... No one said you had to post a picture of SicNate rockin a wheelie with the cherrys and berrys behind him, but you could have at least said that you appreciated the Sic boyz tryin to come out and put on a show... What could someone say? Its TRUE life - you didnt pay them to do it... and riding a wheelie in traffic isnt stealing money from an old lady - Ever heard of a magazine called "high times" ?

Thats the TRUTH... Good luck
Thank you, INdaStreetz.... more to come...
Old 11-14-2006, 01:41 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by SoCalRPM
I have been helping Sic Riders since Day 1 and Nate had a full page at the Stunt Wars article, I gave the Sic Riders Video a good review, I covered the mini-moto race a while back, Joseph, Nate and G was on the Mexico article this year...

OK Joseph you showed up to ONE ride and I didn't see you in the pics and forgot to give you a shout out. So you put me on blast?

It just get's frustrating for ever 1 person you help, 10 get butt hurt. And like Aaron said, you get that 1 person a pic and then they ***** about the pic. So you are damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Truth be known, I do my best to help out the most riders possible. I stand up for ALL riders in meetings and places that I don't care to discuss on a internet forum. If occasionally you don't get the proper shout out and/or the right picture, then I'm sorry. The alternative could be worse.
Definately Bro! I know for a fact that SSB, yourself, have helped out the SICriders name in the past anlong with many other riders for sure! This isn't so much about a SICriders thing, or thinking that someone has a grudge aginst them. The bottom line is it was noted in the article about the ride, and killing the streets or whatever you want to call it, and names were mentioned under that quote. The information on the names who stunted the streets were inaccurate. My post isn't a crying, whining, " what about me! what about me!" All I'm saying is if riders names are going to be put somewhere in the magazine, under any subject, whether its streets, comps, shows, etc. the right names should be mentioned.

Last edited by mikkee; 11-14-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

yes they are!! bigger haters too... lol

-kane
Old 11-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by SoCalRPM

ok from now on its a done deal only take care of the riders who take care of you... in vegas...
:YEAH

-kane
Old 11-14-2006, 01:51 PM

socalstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
ok from now on its a done deal only take care of the riders who take care of you... in vegas...

-kane
Its already that way, buddy.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by socalstunts
Its already that way, buddy.

v e g a s b a b y

greatest town on earth...

-kane
Old 11-14-2006, 01:58 PM

Lotus is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel for you guys that put your all into an event and didnt get any shine. Theres always another time/chance to make your presense felt. The magazine is great, everybody at our shop reads it cover to cover a few times when a new one comes out. Keep up the good work.
-Lo

Quick Reply: New SSB Mag!