Who is Putting More into the Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 03:31 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of
Who is Putting More into the Sport

In terms of progression of the sport. I give it over to Jason Britton and Kyle for exposure and just being big daddies, but my question is more industry related.

Who among stunters and enthusiasts puts on, sponsors, hosts the most shows and competitions? Who is working hardest to organize and fund events so you all have a venue to do your thing?

And who among yourselves would you turn to for help and know they'd have you covered?

IOW who is giving their all to progress the sport as a whole? (not so much the most, but maybe the most they can give, it's all about heart IMO) And who does the most to help individual riders?
Old 11-12-2006, 03:35 PM

322efonic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who is Putting More into the Sport

you are by making these gay *** posts
Old 11-12-2006, 04:01 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

no more caffine for you
Old 11-12-2006, 04:05 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

i'd say its the guy that talks and set up the shows.. i dont kno for sure but guys like Thomas, Drew stone etc.. you know the ppl that make the power moves not juts perform. that set up shows overseas and what not.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:12 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ppfftt
Old 11-12-2006, 04:20 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

I'de say there are differences to whos putting different things into the sport first off the promoters

DSOG T. , Drew Stone, even Colbert the guys putting out the big shows and events. These events are know and circulated in press and TV articles world wide

Then its the riders each pushing the sport forward. Look at Jason Britt with superbikes nationally known and respected or hated the show it press for the sport the more people make a deal about it the more its brought to the table. Kane with adds in Lockhart, Vortex, Shoei, FMF. the list goes on every dealership has to look through those catalogs and then it puts more light on the new and up and coming riders. Darius with his videos and wide spread circulation not to mention alpine stars which people who don't even own bikes know the alpinestars name is. everything is getting pushed more and more and sooner or later it will catch on.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:11 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

from my personal experience it would be Thomas and Ive seen Meachem put on the big baltimore thing. Gotta give it up to colbert for stuntwars, although i dont exactly agree with the premise, as far as rider treatment, but it has gotten exposure.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:50 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Mikey for wearing his "I know Darius shirt" 7 days a week:YEAH
Old 11-12-2006, 05:54 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Darius
Mikey for wearing his "I know Darius shirt" 7 days a week:YEAH
he even wore it in SSB
Old 11-12-2006, 06:58 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Otown_Tony
I'de say there are differences to whos putting different things into the sport first off the promoters

DSOG T. , Drew Stone, even Colbert the guys putting out the big shows and events. These events are know and circulated in press and TV articles world wide

Then its the riders each pushing the sport forward. Look at Jason Britt with superbikes nationally known and respected or hated the show it press for the sport the more people make a deal about it the more its brought to the table. Kane with adds in Lockhart, Vortex, Shoei, FMF. the list goes on every dealership has to look through those catalogs and then it puts more light on the new and up and coming riders. Darius with his videos and wide spread circulation not to mention alpine stars which people who don't even own bikes know the alpinestars name is. everything is getting pushed more and more and sooner or later it will catch on.

Thanks for the info. That's what I was after. I want to know who to acknowledge when it comes to discussing the direction the sport is taking and the people who are making things happen.

And I did also want to know who is helping out their fellow stunters individually, either to improve their skills or in other ways. I've seen a lot of it, but wondered if there were certain people who were standouts at helping other stunters to succeed.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:56 PM

KING MURDOC is an unknown quantity at this point

I Think Its Eveybody That Contributes To Entertain The Fans And Its The Fans That Always Pay To See The Shows And Buys Stunt Products. Everybody Has To Play There Part To Show Corperate America That This Is Pure Entertainment And There Is A Demand For This Industry
Old 11-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Did Drew Stone ever end up starting his own video distribution company? If so we all need to support him so this venture grows. It will be the first and only sportbike freestyle distribution company ever. Definately good for the sport/hobby.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:54 PM

Thanks guys. I saw Thomas everywhere I went. Except the ladies room, most of the time Thomas wasn't there. Knowing what you see is about one tenth to one millionth of the actual effort put into any business venture, I'm in awe.

And now having flailed my way almost all the way through filming/backing up footage, I'm pretty amazed by the people involved in stunt productions.

I just figure there has to be dozens of people out there making it happen and growing the sport and the industry that I probably missed. I haven't been at this very long.

And hey Murdoc, what's up?

Last edited by excessa; 11-12-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:56 PM
You seen Philo Beddoe?

og ryan lee is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope that the general public doesnt think that all stunters are like kane...
Old 11-12-2006, 11:05 PM

He sorta stands out. His public image is gold, I think. He knows how to market a complete image package.

What he does in his spare time isn't going to be an issue IMO. I think he's well suited for the public eye, and can probably compartmentalize when the time comes for that. It's the ego that'll get him in trouble. I have one of those and it messes me up constantly.

Every stunter I've met has had his own personality and his own style, put them together and I don't know...practice in the mirror? I'd be terrible at showing off for a living, but you guys are great at it.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:56 PM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

CP for sure, his BMW is awsome, he gives the sport a good name
Old 11-13-2006, 12:33 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

I think we all do our own little bit to help make it better....I would not just give it over to one guy!or team! we AA are holding a fund raiser for our troops over sea's going to have a ice stunt show and back flip 2 running helicopters with our sleds, the National Guard is going to help get the stuff to the troops in Iraq there is some talk of it may be on the National News...so... it's good PR for the sport!.....

Dane
http://www.daneferguson.com/videos/teaser.mov

Last edited by thehate.; 11-13-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:41 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by thehate.
I think we all do our own little bit to help make it better....I would not just give it over to one guy!or team! we AA are holding a fund raiser for our troops over sea's going to have a ice stunt show and back flip 2 running helicopters with our sleds, the National Guard is going to help get the stuff to the troops in Iraq there is some talk of it may be on the National News...so... it's good PR for the sport!.....
sounds like good stuff, good luck
Old 11-13-2006, 01:01 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

I think the first post is describing DSOG Thomas best
Old 11-13-2006, 02:04 AM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

i'm gonna hafta to agree with that one guy. plz don't post as much.

Quick Reply: Who is Putting More into the Sport