Who is Putting More into the Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 07:31 AM

Tony L can only hope to improve
Re: Who is Putting More into the Sport

Originally Posted by KING MURDOC
I Think Its Eveybody That Contributes To Entertain The Fans And Its The Fans That Always Pay To See The Shows And Buys Stunt Products. Everybody Has To Play There Part To Show Corperate America That This Is Pure Entertainment And There Is A Demand For This Industry
How could a forget Murdoc. he hooks it up every year in tenn. King of the south was my first comp and well he def treated the younger stunters the same as the old no favorites not BS. :YEAH
Old 11-13-2006, 08:01 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
i'm gonna hafta to agree with that one guy. plz don't post as much.

Says the guy with 10,000 posts.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:43 AM

f4stunna is a decent person

Im gonna say Stone... Tomas just knows everyone and spreads the word on things. Stone actually put on a competition series this year, and is set to do it again next year. shit was the *****, although it probubly wasnt that big a deal because its in the northeast and not in florida or cali.... and you cant forget about the whole movie thing he's got going on too.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by NINER
Did Drew Stone ever end up starting his own video distribution company? If so we all need to support him so this venture grows. It will be the first and only sportbike freestyle distribution company ever. Definately good for the sport/hobby.
he is in the process of doing so... i dont want to spread any false facts but im pretty sure the whole reason why "the passion and the brotherhood" hasnt been released yet is becuase of problems setting shit up.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:44 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by f4stunna
he is in the process of doing so... i dont want to spread any false facts but im pretty sure the whole reason why "the passion and the brotherhood" hasnt been released yet is becuase of problems setting shit up.
Problems setting up the company? I set up a defense contracting company in 2000, big pain in the ***, loads of paperwork, fees and sundry unexpected bs.

Production and distribution isn't my field but I know how to establish an LLC and set it up so that one person can legally hold all the offices. So if anyone needs help figuring out crap like that, I'm your girl.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:50 AM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Im gonna say Stone... Tomas just knows everyone and spreads the word on things. Stone actually put on a competition series this year, and is set to do it again next year. shit was the *****, although it probubly wasnt that big a deal because its in the northeast and not in florida or cali.... and you cant forget about the whole movie thing he's got going on too.

thomas is a HUGE factor in XDL .
Old 11-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person

You are 100% right. I've had it with the monopoly that Impact dist. has on this sport and I'm days away from making the announcement. It's going to be exremely radical is a very big move.

As far as who's doin work in a big way?

I gotta give it up to Jason Britton right now as far as exposure.
Thomas for busting his *** and "Slotting" riders into shows around the world
Darius on top of the heap on the West Coast.
Drew Stone for hustling strong on the East Coast.
Mr. Hollywood Kane-one for working super-hard to push his pink ****
I'll give it up for Colbert, Chris & Adam as well for all the years they have put on the largest event we have.
Starboyz?
Stuntlife?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:40 PM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by excessa
In terms of progression of the sport. I give it over to Jason Britton and Kyle for exposure and just being big daddies, but my question is more industry related.

Who among stunters and enthusiasts puts on, sponsors, hosts the most shows and competitions? Who is working hardest to organize and fund events so you all have a venue to do your thing?

And who among yourselves would you turn to for help and know they'd have you covered?

IOW who is giving their all to progress the sport as a whole? (not so much the most, but maybe the most they can give, it's all about heart IMO) And who does the most to help individual riders?

we who make threads like the suspension for da rollin endos
Old 11-13-2006, 01:31 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you have to look at the old and the new. The og stunters that are still in it today have brought the sport to everyone here, imo. Groups like the Starboyz and Darious, Kyle Woods, Colbert etc, those guys who have been doing this for so long and continue to, that is why the majority of us are in it to begin with, because we saw a vid of them and wanted to try it.

Consistency; shows and events that happen every year are certainly a key. Stuntfest is a huge show that grows by the thousands yearly. Stuntwars, although a flop last year is still a major competition. Now with the xdl and others emerging this should continue. These are forums that stunters can depend on. Dont forget or downplay stuntlife either. (Home Depot doesnt put banners on any web site. SL is not a charity, there is a reason companies pay to advertise here)

And yes, the producers like Drew Stone who make movies and have the ability to make those all important contacts with that allows us those chances at big name contributors and portray us in a light that is favorable. This is so important.

and so many more factors. Everything is like cogs in a wheel. When they are all there, this will blow up!
just my
Old 11-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Drew Stone
You are 100% right. I've had it with the monopoly that Impact dist. has on this sport and I'm days away from making the announcement. It's going to be exremely radical is a very big move.

As far as who's doin work in a big way?

I gotta give it up to Jason Britton right now as far as exposure.
Thomas for busting his *** and "Slotting" riders into shows around the world
Darius on top of the heap on the West Coast.
Drew Stone for hustling strong on the East Coast.
Mr. Hollywood Kane-one for working super-hard to push his pink ****
I'll give it up for Colbert, Chris & Adam as well for all the years they have put on the largest event we have.
Starboyz?
Stuntlife?
HUGE step for the sportbike freestyle scene. Best of luck!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:39 PM

mikkee is a decent person

SSB for covering all major events and comps around the country.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by mikkee
Good point!

And Speed for showing stunting, too. They've given Jason the opportunity to show stunting more accurately than the rest of the broadcast media has been doing. Speed deserves big credit for just showing stunting at all, in fact.

This is great, you guys. I appreciate the input.

I think where I'm limited right now is I got to see and hear about the biggest names out there, but I want to make sure I'm not missing the people who work behind the scenes to make it happen for those out there in the forefront. So who has done the most was too limited of a question, "Who is doing what?" is better.

If I am missing anyone (like Murdoc, I didn't know he puts on an event!) please fill me in. It's important for the documentary to be balanced and show the progression and where people fit themselves into the industry. Also I want to be able to show where it's headed, who is coming up, what they are doing, and anyone who has changed the course of the industry in any way.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:11 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

I retired
Old 11-13-2006, 02:13 PM

No one would let you retire DSOG Thomas. It's the silliest idea I've ever heard, minus a few of my own.

"I'm going to make a documentary" springs to mind.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:22 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by mikkee
SoCal John, and Foto for all the SIC pics from the events and comps in the mag, and been taking all the pics since day 1.

Last edited by mikkee; 11-13-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by verticaljay
thomas is a HUGE factor in XDL .
again, probubly just my eastcoast biasist opinion beucase i never travel out of the area. but the usbw comp series is in drew's name, XDL was just a comp that thomas helped out with........ i donno much beyond that
Old 11-13-2006, 03:19 PM

again, probubly just my eastcoast biasist opinion beucase i never travel out of the area. but the usbw comp series is in drew's name, XDL was just a comp that thomas helped out with........ i donno much beyond that
I ended up seeing more West Coast stuff than East Coast, and the one East Coast competition I attended was XDL. It was run really well.

I need to see more shows and competitions, but I also want to get this documentary done and shopped to the networks. I'll just have to keep an open mind and make room in the budget for a follow up film.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:25 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

this site does a pretty good job as well. with all the bickering and what not it still has almost 50 thousand members.. it gets teh word out
Old 11-13-2006, 03:28 PM

This is the first place I went for information after I decided to make this film. Stuntlife will definitely be mentioned. Without SL I wouldn't have the footage I do. (and more on the way! thankyouverymuch)
Old 11-13-2006, 03:38 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

what film are you making?

Quick Reply: Who is Putting More into the Sport