true 12

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 08:31 AM

S.O.R Josh is an unknown quantity at this point
true 12

Me and my friends are arguing about what a true 12 is (while bike is on bar not the wheelie). So can one of you tell us whats up. One friend is saying axle over axle, another is saying as long as its not falling back forward <--lol. So is it personal preference or Is their a standard we dont know about. I have a FI and powers bar. I thought the FI was to long more like 11:30, so i ordered a powers 12 bar and matt or kevin one told me it was a true 12. To my suprise it was and inch longer than the fi when mounted so more like 11:00. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
josh
Old 11-11-2006, 09:51 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts
Re: true 12

My bike stands at 12 wit powers.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:17 AM

50Master is an unknown quantity at this point

drill holes . adjust your bar don't buy a new one . You should be able to move the bar in or out for the right possition . I judge the location of the bike on the bar by looking at how it sits then shorten it just a bit or the shiate will grab the ground when u don't want it to . - cheers Hooka
Old 11-11-2006, 10:19 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person

you have a gixxer... taske the bar off or reinforce your subframe, cause your gona break it... brittle *** gixxers
Old 11-11-2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
you have a gixxer... taske the bar off or reinforce your subframe, cause your gona break it... brittle *** gixxers
already have it re-inforced with the A-frame brace instructions i found in here.
Its not going anywhere. That **** is solid :YEAH Its been scraped alot and i havent had any problems so far. (knock on wood)
Old 11-11-2006, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by 50Master
drill holes . adjust your bar don't buy a new one . You should be able to move the bar in or out for the right possition . I judge the location of the bike on the bar by looking at how it sits then shorten it just a bit or the shiate will grab the ground when u don't want it to . - cheers Hooka
i was going to move the FI bar forward but the way its shaped will prevent me from putting my rear plastics back on if it goes any farther forward. i alredy have a huge chunk cut out of it. Thats why i bought the powers. 2 of my boys run powers and have them almost on the subframe. Their bikes are much more solid while on the bar than mine is. They ride a 954 and f4i. Im gettting the powers modified today. The support brace thats welded between the 2 sides buts right up against the rear seat mounting ****. I had to have it removed and moved back a few inches so i could push the bar farther in. I need to get some pics so you can see what im talking about. Its hard to explain over the net. sorry if im rambling wake-n-bake got me retarded today
Old 11-11-2006, 10:41 AM

Tabs ? Not broken yet ? you sure ? S**t is weak . I drive an 02 750 and have 2 back-up suds . Spend about $100 at our welders to reinforce the two lower tabs , put solid plate in the lt & rt sides and a cross bar under the battery tray . They still brake , even broken tabs from the frame . But thats the price we pay for this s**t - cheers Hooka
Old 11-11-2006, 10:45 AM

F**k . Wake-n-bake .
I'll be back in a min. Running late . Thought the day was looking a little bright . lol
Old 11-11-2006, 10:54 AM

Tabs ? Not broken yet ? you sure ? S**t is weak . I drive an 02 750 and have 2 back-up suds . Spend about $100 at our welders to reinforce the two lower tabs , put solid plate in the lt & rt sides and a cross bar under the battery tray . They still brake , even broken tabs from the frame . But thats the price we pay for this s**t - cheers Hooka
ive been told i have a one in a million gsxr. Ive dropped, scraped, dropped from 12 on its side and all that **** but the only thing thats given me problems is the front fairing stay. And now that ive said that my ****ing frame will break today . I will post pics of the frame brace this is the best i have for now.

the brace is welded together at the top and drilled through the 12 bar and subframe.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:08 AM

Love the bike .. looks new .
Ya ,the frt stay is one i have little experience with . I just installed a 905 stay . Not much time with it but I'll tell ya I hate the f**kin front fairing . It's seems to be in the way for the stuff I like do-in . I'll like'ly cut it off like my last one .
Is your brace metal ?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:15 AM

"And now that ive said that my ****ing frame will break today "
Your kill'in me. Ride today . -4 is the high today in Calgary . Just moved here from Ottawa . Wish I could ride . If I could just convince the wife to move/drive for anouther 8 hours I could be in Vancouver ridin .
Old 11-11-2006, 11:17 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

"And now that ive said that my ****ing frame will break today "
Your kill'in me. Ride today . -4 is the high today in Calgary . Just moved here from Ottawa . Wish I could ride . If I could just convince the wife to move/drive for anouther 8 hours I could be in Vancouver ridin .

suit up, wear some warm clothes, AND GO RIDE!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:23 AM

its the fingers . I can only keep them in my pockets so long . Need hand warmers , 12v heater , plow on the truck and one of them jet engine dryers . lol welcome to canada
Old 11-11-2006, 11:42 AM

lol its 70 degrees F here today. Gotta love florida!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:47 AM

Love the bike .. looks new .
Ya ,the frt stay is one i have little experience with . I just installed a 905 stay . Not much time with it but I'll tell ya I hate the f**kin front fairing . It's seems to be in the way for the stuff I like do-in . I'll like'ly cut it off like my last one .
Is your brace metal ?
yeah its 1 inch steel stock. definantly helps in the brittle subframe department. spreads out the load its bolted through the swingarm axle and it bolts into the top of the subframe mount. also bolts through inthe rear. Its a little on the ugly side but if it keeps me from breaking **** im all for it
Old 11-11-2006, 03:14 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

12 means one wheel directly over the other, my $.02
Old 11-13-2006, 11:53 AM

70 . Man I love the USA get me in . What you need ?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:04 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person

Originally Posted by `04 gixxerpimp
lol its 70 degrees F here today. Gotta love florida!
1. 70 degrees? you s u c k ! LOL

2. a true 12 is anything past the balance point aka slow rolling. my

i thought before that a "12" was the bike looking like both hands on a clock = straight up and down but i guess it's all in what your opinion is.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:04 PM

level12concepts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey master just moved to calgary? PM when we have a dry day and we will ride.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:05 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by stock05
12 means one wheel directly over the other, my $.02
+1

Everybody has their own idea of what it is, but im with you. And stock tails scrape at 11:30.

Quick Reply: true 12