F4I Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:06 AM

SinCalRyder is an unknown quantity at this point
F4I Rebuild

Okay first off I know this is posted in the wrong area, but like another guy said, it gets seen by more if posted in the stunt area, that said....... So I am walking again adn soon be able to get back on my bike. So I started rebuilding it tonight and the first problem I ran into is that the bike wont fire, not even try to. Im thinking wiring problem but all wires seem okay, and I just added the headlight adn gauge cluster onto it so that all the wires are hooked up. The biek turns on but when I turn the key on you dont hear the fuel pump turn on and if you hit the ignition button you get nothing at all. Just curious if anyone knows of sumthin that may need reset or sumthin after the accident? For those who dont know the bike wheelied over at 90, went througha field, hit an irrigation ditch, flipped in the air and landed on a chain road barracade. Here is a pic of it as it sits on the patio. Any help is appreciated before I start tearing everything apart to trace the problem.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:44 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: F4I Rebuild

did u bypass the tip sensor?
Old 11-10-2006, 08:27 AM

cutter is a decent person

first thing check all your fuses then all your sockets including battery terminal then tip over sensor aslo do you ear a ticing sound when you press the start button? if te answer is yes find the startex use a screw driver and them togather if she fires then there lies your problem (startex)
Old 11-10-2006, 11:08 AM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Here are the problems that cause an F4i not to start according to your diagnosis:

Igntion diode is fried
Bad relays
Tip sensor
Bad connections
Fuses

Pretty much nothing else will cause what you are saying to happen. Maybe, and I mean a longshot, your ECU went out. In that case, I have an extra one laying around I'll sell to you. I also get all parts from Honda at Cost +10%, so if you need to replace something like your ignition tumbler, let me know b/c I get genuine Honda parts cheap! (Comparatively speaking)
Old 11-10-2006, 11:08 AM

Raider9170 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am going to have to say its the bank angle sensor (little black box behind your gauges). When they get flopped around a lot they go bad really easily. If you don't only stunt I would say replace it because they're not put there for no reason. If you go out and crush it and stunt, only, all day then just leave it bypassed.TO check it though, I would say bypass it and see how it works. Before you try to start it, however, pull out the plugs and let it vrank over with open cylinders for a minute. You want to make sure they are cleared out before you go trying to start it.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:57 AM

cutter is a decent person

Originally Posted by Raider9170
I am going to have to say its the bank angle sensor (little black box behind your gauges). When they get flopped around a lot they go bad really easily. If you don't only stunt I would say replace it because they're not put there for no reason. If you go out and crush it and stunt, only, all day then just leave it bypassed.TO check it though, I would say bypass it and see how it works. Before you try to start it, however, pull out the plugs and let it vrank over with open cylinders for a minute. You want to make sure they are cleared out before you go trying to start it.
remember he said the gas pump wasn't coming on
Old 11-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

its his tip over sensor/bank angle people. 3 wires that are near your guage cluster, black plug enge

[1][2][3] <-- looks like that at the tip

connect wire 1 to wire 3 leave #2 alone and tape it all off so it don't short..

Problem solved
Old 11-10-2006, 12:03 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
its his tip over sensor/bank angle people. 3 wires that are near your guage cluster, black plug enge

Problem solved
Or it could be any of the things I listed. The one that pissed me off the most was my ignition diode.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

dude crashed and has no TIP OVER SENSOR on it any more. so im 100% sure
Old 11-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Scrapes Elbow

just check how good i am

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173438
Old 11-10-2006, 12:17 PM
N/A

I crashed my bike with no tip sensor, and all the wires crossed up just fine. It ended up being the ignition diode and one relay. Took me 2 weeks to figure that out. He wanted possibilities... you gave him one possibility, I gave him multiple. Therefore, I win!
Old 11-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Scrapes Elbow

his **** was full fairinged. with tip over sensor installed and now its gone.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:13 PM
N/A

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, b/c I do... but all I'm saying is a true mechanic would diagnose all problems. I still win sucka! hahaha
Old 11-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Scrapes Elbow

rock paper siccors!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:21 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Problem solved
so connect red to green tape off white and your tos is disabled
Old 11-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
so connect red to green tape off white and your tos is disabled
is that a question or a statement?
Old 11-10-2006, 02:14 PM

is that a question or a statement?
?
Old 11-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Scrapes Elbow

u got it.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:18 PM

u got it.
HOW DID U EDIT THE MY SPACE THING TO SAY MYSPACE IS FUKIN GAY I WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT
Old 11-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Scrapes Elbow

user cp / profile options/ look at the bottom.

Quick Reply: F4I Rebuild