front brake question and endos

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:39 AM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person
Re: front brake question and endos

Originally Posted by old man roger
i dont know nuthin about a stoppie at 137 mph but i went 275 feet tonight and i fetl like you look in a stoppie:YEAH :YEAH

Yeah, it's a good feeling.....

There's a difference between glowing rotors and good floaters. Weightless.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:10 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Well I was watching footage from SSB bike night out, your stoppies couldnt get any worse so I say that shit might help, maybe at least get your back tire more than 2 feet off the ground as you perform your flee flicker antics
Old 11-10-2006, 01:15 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Darius
Well I was watching footage from SSB bike night out, your stoppies couldnt get any worse so I say that shit might help, maybe at least get your back tire more than 2 feet off the ground as you perform your flee flicker antics
your talking about kane right
Old 11-10-2006, 01:19 AM

skidmark is a decent person

if it helps, i upgraded the brakes (along with everything) on my gixxer (non-stuntbike). I got steel race full floater discs (with tension washers to keep chatter down, so semi-float really), steel lines, brembo MC with brembo 4-pad calipers and some race pads (can't remember the ones). I can roll endos on the bike, but only at higher speed. Any speed lower than 80km/h and the brakes feel really wierd... too grabby snappy with no feel. Once you get going fast they feel amazing

So what I'm getting at is if you're rolling em fast (which you obviously know how to do) and you slow down and dip below 80km/h then the brakes start to feel like **** and you could toss it if they snap or grab. maby your parts will react better cuz my rotors ain't iron... so in the end...

edit: forgot to say that stock rotors seem to react the same at low and high speeds, but my endos are gaaarbage on the f4i so whatever...

Last edited by skidmark; 11-10-2006 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:24 AM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

Originally Posted by skidmark
if it helps, i upgraded the brakes (along with everything) on my gixxer (non-stuntbike). I got steel race full floater discs (with tension washers to keep chatter down, so semi-float really), steel lines, brembo MC with brembo 4-pad calipers and some race pads (can't remember the ones). I can roll endos on the bike, but only at higher speed. Any speed lower than 80km/h and the brakes feel really wierd... too grabby snappy with no feel. Once you get going fast they feel amazing

So what I'm getting at is if you're rolling em fast (which you obviously know how to do) and you slow down and dip below 80km/h then the brakes start to feel like **** and you could toss it if they snap or grab. maby your parts will react better cuz my rotors ain't iron... so in the end...

edit: forgot to say that stock rotors seem to react the same at low and high speeds, but my endos are gaaarbage on the f4i so whatever...
If that's the case, i don't wanna upgrade!
Old 11-10-2006, 02:26 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
your talking about kane right
yup
Old 11-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

no respect
Old 11-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Race To The Grave

AntwanRTTG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
Excuse me... Who are you again!? ..and how many world records do you hold?

-Kane
Kane, I am very new to this sport and don't have **** for skills to stand on. However, I have been watching and following the sport for a loooong time. I have always liked your style and the character that you bring to the sport and your shows. Despite all the hating, I was totally intrigued by the record setting that you did. Don't go losing your character and go on some vainglorious fit when someone challenges your ability. I understand it's frustrating that people hate on you all the time, behind success there will always be haters.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:10 AM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Run your current setup, it's good for 1000 feet. If you're not rolling that far, focus on your technique and bar setup. Leave the brakes alone. Everybody wants to get the nastiest brake setup in the world and then install ceramic bearings.......I don't understand this logic. So, you want it to roll far, but be a super-breaker? Ride the brake less, not more. Less friction, not more. Maybe coming into turn 1 at 180 brembos and 32inch rotors help, but when I was at the balance point I was barely on the brakes...and I mean barely. I ran aftermarket rotors once and they were too grabby. If you're rocking straight up and down, you don't want grabby brakes. The grabbier the brakes, the less distance you'll roll because you'll be shedding too much speed when making adjustments. I've been rolling 150+ on my xr70 coming in at 25 mph and the brakes are horrible. It's the balance point you're looking for....not super-duper brembo brakes.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:42 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
Run your current setup, it's good for 1000 feet. If you're not rolling that far, focus on your technique and bar setup. Leave the brakes alone. Everybody wants to get the nastiest brake setup in the world and then install ceramic bearings.......I don't understand this logic. So, you want it to roll far, but be a super-breaker? Ride the brake less, not more. Less friction, not more. Maybe coming into turn 1 at 180 brembos and 32inch rotors help, but when I was at the balance point I was barely on the brakes...and I mean barely. I ran aftermarket rotors once and they were too grabby. If you're rocking straight up and down, you don't want grabby brakes. The grabbier the brakes, the less distance you'll roll because you'll be shedding too much speed when making adjustments. I've been rolling 150+ on my xr70 coming in at 25 mph and the brakes are horrible. It's the balance point you're looking for....not super-duper brembo brakes.
+1
Old 11-10-2006, 08:56 AM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

One more thing; Apply the same principles to long stoppies as you would long coasters: What advice would you give someone who wanted to roll far coasters? Upgrade the brakes to wave rotors and HH pads and come in pegged in 5th gear????? or bring it back to the balance point ASAP and be light on the brakes making small, smooth adjustments?

Last edited by Matt Gorka; 11-10-2006 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:04 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

I dont think it will help or be better at all, IMO its more about being 100% familiar and comfortable with your setup rather than having the best setup....So after time you might get used to it but its not going to instantly make for better stoppies....
Old 11-10-2006, 09:27 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverstunterR6
Your right even Kane is cooler than you
you should kill yourself
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 11-10-2006, 10:39 AM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light

I rode a ducati a couple years ago that had some fancy race brake setup on it and it SVCKED. way touchy, and it didnt have that much feel either... Could have just been the pads though
Old 11-10-2006, 10:41 AM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kaneone
Bibo I get made fun of in a lot more pages than ya think.
haha

-Kane
Kane is fast becoming the Pro version of bibo... Kane posts-----> haters fallow.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:48 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

ryan cramer rolled on crappy *** dp pads on a stock setup, john is right it will be too much.

and jason is the unknown stoppie slayer.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:50 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
I've been rolling 150+ on my xr70 coming in at 25 mph and the brakes are horrible. It's the balance point you're looking for....not super-duper brembo brakes.

:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH PLEASE post a video of that!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:53 AM

Bibo is infamous around these parts

Kane is not the pro verison of me, im one of a kind ..
Old 11-10-2006, 11:19 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bibo
Kane is not the pro verison of me, im one of a kind ..
+1 you're special alright....
Old 11-10-2006, 11:25 AM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by skillz954
+1 you're special alright....
In a retarded kind of way

Quick Reply: front brake question and endos