Old 11-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person
Made my own E-Z pull

Click image for larger version

Name:	06-11-06_2331.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	183249I was looking at the Moose E'z pull lever on the net and thought to my self "It looks simple enough" so I pulled out a dirt bike lever & perch I had from earlier that cost about $12 total at a bike shop in town. I think it was for a YZ maybe.

I drilled another hole half way between the stock hole and the bolt hole. I used my dremel to cut the slot deeper for the cable to to reach the new hole.

MAN!! what a difference! I have an 05 636 and the stock was pretty easy but this thing is takes about 1/2 the effort! My master for the HB fits up to it nice but I'm not puttin it on yet cause I don't have the adapter for the Kawi yet.

Anyway it works great so far and saved money and didn't have to wait on shipping :YEAH
Old 11-07-2006, 01:32 AM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Made my own E-Z pull

looks sweet just keep an eye on the cable
Old 11-07-2006, 01:33 AM

wilsowp is an unknown quantity at this point

awesome idea, looks simple enough
Old 11-07-2006, 01:52 AM

J-cheezy is a decent person

way to be creative
Old 11-07-2006, 01:56 AM

gr8tkisr2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

SNAP!!! Oh S**T................Roll, tumble..........Owwwwww!

Rash. and broken Ego
Old 11-07-2006, 02:03 AM

DerekS is an unknown quantity at this point

good idea..
Old 11-07-2006, 02:05 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by gr8tkisr2001
SNAP!!! Oh S**T................Roll, tumble..........Owwwwww!

Rash. and broken Ego
Yeah I cut the slot deep so it would be a straight shot for the cable to go through instead of putting it in a bind. I even beveled the inside edge of the adjuster cause I didn't want to **** up the new cable I just put on it.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:30 AM

J-cheezy is a decent person

Originally Posted by revditup
Yeah I cut the slot deep so it would be a straight shot for the cable to go through instead of putting it in a bind. I even beveled the inside edge of the adjuster cause I didn't want to **** up the new cable I just put on it.

hope it works out for ya but just keep your eye on it just to make sure it doesnt damage you clutch cable
Old 11-07-2006, 09:51 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person

so basically all the EZpull does it puts the cable in a straight line instead of a slight angle?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:54 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Cool mod
Old 11-07-2006, 09:55 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
so basically all the EZpull does it puts the cable in a straight line instead of a slight angle?
No it has to do with leverage not simply the angle of the cable, its a comination of the 3 points....Where the cable end is in relation to the lever piviot and the adjuster
Old 11-07-2006, 10:12 AM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
No it has to do with leverage not simply the angle of the cable, its a comination of the 3 points....Where the cable end is in relation to the lever piviot and the adjuster
I know you are a fabricating guru, what do you think of this mod?
Old 11-07-2006, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tiretrauma
I know you are a fabricating guru, what do you think of this mod?
I think it will work fine and just as good as an Ez-pull, but I wonder how strong that lever is with that much material removed.....The MSR/Moose is weak as it is and they have extra material around the cable slots to handle the 3 cable holes...

Im still waiting for someone to get smart and make a billet Ez pull clutch perch/lever, If I had a mill Id do it but the RnD would cost me alot becasue I dont..IMO these would sell like hotcakes if they were made to fit nicley with handbrakes setups and made of billet 6061 so they dont break easily.....Honestly we dont even need levers, just a billet perch that will accept the MSR pro lever as I can buy them seperate for cheap...
Old 11-07-2006, 10:29 AM

I know Im sic of this and Id much rather have spent $200 for a billet perch once then have to deal with breaking these over and over again. The new MSR Pro levers are good in my opinion and more then strong enough, that and they have a roller bearing so theres no more wearing out the brass bushings after a week. All we need is a good billet perch to accept the MSR PRO lever, mines about a month old and its already starting to defrom the cheap pot metal and get a real sloppy feeling. The lever is fine its all in the perch....

Name:  DSC01314.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  36.6 KB
MSR pro lever is pretty beefy
Name:  DSC01315.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  22.2 KB
Old 11-07-2006, 10:37 AM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate how easy it is to strip out the threads on the mounting perch. I've already stripped mine out, retapped it, stripped it again, and tapped it again with a bolt that's almost double the size than the original. I'm seriously about to drill it out, install a 6061 sleeve that is already tapped and have it tigged in so I can actually crank down on the GD bolt so my MSR perch won't spin around!
Old 11-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Yeah it may be weaker after i drilled it but there is still alot of material left around it. I don't think it would ever break from use just maybe a crash.

If so I only paid $5 for the lever by itself and it took about 10min to drill and dremel so not a big loss to me.

My perch came with a strip of nylon to go between the clamp and the bar. It helps to hold it in place better without having to crank down on the bolts so that would probably help you Mr. Farley.

So far so good.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Still working great for me! I've had alot of people think it was hydraulic, Haha
I used white lithium greese in the pivot and it's so so smooth.

It also is alot easier to be smooth with the clutch because of it having a longer throw. I'm not having any trouble working the HB & clutch at the same time with my setup on stock clipons.
I love it
Old 02-06-2007, 03:58 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

not to dig up and old post but i got a new camera phone and ive been taking pictures of every thing lately,heres my clutch mod ....it will work for every thing but a gsxr , i just made the clutch release lever a little longer...it also increases the leverage and it will never brake.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	clutch lever.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	188168  
Old 02-06-2007, 04:22 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

SICK idea man!!!! I think Im gonna try this, thanks

p.s. stock 900rr clutch lever/perch is garbage, the worst I ever saw...
Old 02-06-2007, 05:38 AM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
not to dig up and old post but i got a new camera phone and ive been taking pictures of every thing lately,heres my clutch mod ....it will work for every thing but a gsxr , i just made the clutch release lever a little longer...it also increases the leverage and it will never brake.....

that's exactly what everyone here in Holland does... works really easy, and nomatter what clutch lever you use, it will always go smooth as butter

Quick Reply: Made my own E-Z pull