Tank slappers and wheelies.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 03:38 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough
Re: Tank slappers and wheelies.

Originally Posted by LYONS
you could have blown a shock???? if one shock is bad and one is good it could **** you up... or your puttin your wheel down crooked...

If you blow a shock will the oil leak out? If not, how can I tell?
Old 11-05-2006, 04:03 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

useualy
Old 11-05-2006, 04:40 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

1st, loosen the Triple upper&lower slightly each side, I don't know why but sometimes they get a little tweeked....When u loosen them it should correct itself (you will hear a click), if they are off.....Then check your head bearings they could be loose, a worn front tire will cause head shake too from constantly putting wheelies down.....Tire pressure, seals, ....

But no stabilizer is the biggest thing!!!!!

I just had to tweek my whole front end....similar issues,,,even with a ohlins stabilizer and DB bars.. now it's rock solid again!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by FrankieG
1st, loosen the Triple upper&lower slightly each side, I don't know why but sometimes they get a little tweeked....When u loosen them it should correct itself (you will hear a click), if they are off.....Then check your head bearings they could be loose, a worn front tire will cause head shake too from constantly putting wheelies down.....Tire pressure, seals, ....

But no stabilizer is the biggest thing!!!!!

I just had to tweek my whole front end....similar issues,,,even with a ohlins stabilizer and DB bars.. now it's rock solid again!!!
Alright, thanks for the advice. I wasn't real sure where to start, now I know.
My front tire is worn out too, so that's probably part of my problem.
Thanks.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:57 PM

extremedangerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

give gas as u come down 2 lighten the pressure on the front. like as u come down give gas so u put down gently
Old 12-08-2006, 11:01 PM

Well, I got a new front tire. I havn't gotten a damper yet but I'm bidding on one now. My tankslap problem is gone because I havn't been doing anything above 1st gear. After a few close calls I've been sticking to 1st, most fun I've had on my bike so far. I probly won't even go into second, even after I get a damper. Well.....I take that back, I'll still do some long distance second gear wheelies, but not too often. Slow **** very fun.
The only down side to 1st is, I know I'll be dropin my bike a lot before I'm anygood, I've already ****ed my stator cover once now.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:36 AM
MILF's love me

stunterwannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

So if your front wheel isnt moving fast enough you will tank slap? I thought that was myth.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:45 AM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person

Originally Posted by stunterwannabe
So if your front wheel isnt moving fast enough you will tank slap? I thought that was myth.
no way is that a myth. if you do a wheelie long enough that the front tire stops spinning, once the tire makes contact with the road again it goes from zero mph to 60 mph (or however fast you are bringing the wheelie down) in under a second. the tire actually starts skipping from side to side from the friction of the road. = tank slap/head shake

it's happened to me a few times years ago. i brought a wheelie down at over a 100 mph (power wheelie, LOL) once and had tank slap so bad that the back tire was hopping around too. that wasn't fun.

pay the rent, save some cash, get a steering damper ... problem solved.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:59 AM
MILF's love me

stunterwannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

A damper will even save you in a situation like what you just explained?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:21 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

tank slap is usualy from the tire not being perfectly straight when you put it down.....dampner will fix that ive put an r6 down after miles at very high rates of speed and the tire has long since stopped...if the tire is straight no head shake...if not you have to fight it
Old 12-09-2006, 03:13 AM

ahenry is a decent person

um this is a post
Old 12-09-2006, 09:09 AM

gixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ahenry
um this is a post
knock that **** off
Old 12-09-2006, 11:21 AM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

search for my poor mans damper thread. 15 bucks and your good
Old 12-09-2006, 11:58 AM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

You said you need a new tire... I imagine that could contribute to your problem depending on how bad your front tire is.

Ive had a tire that look good contribute to head shake when I just let of the grips. The shop said it was separating from inflating and deflating the front tire.???