Pro or AM, which are you??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 02:28 PM

Schooler is a decent person
Re: Pro or AM, which are you??

Originally Posted by John LegionST
when i read this i was thinkin the same about myself...

I have a much better chance of Top 5 in Am, but would like to compete in Pro... competing agaisnt better riders is how you improve yourself...

I disagree with you on one thing though... if you are ABLE to compete on the pro level, then you should!!! there is more repsect in placing top 20 in Pro than sandbagging and getting top 5 in Am!!!

what do you think guy?

and yeah, what do you have in the works???
its not really competing in my eyes.....there were several riders at xdl that had sick runnns....SIICK SICCK,...and they got 6th 7th .....stunt competitions is like a popularity game in highschool....the riders who are the most popular and more of the "peoples champs" are the ones wwho are gona take the money
Old 11-05-2006, 02:51 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

was that a teach dig are you saying teach doesnt deserve his wins have you watched this dude ride?
Old 11-05-2006, 02:53 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ryan S
if you get paid to travel around and do stunt shows you are professional, if your not a professional in your own eyes, then you SHOULDNT be doing shows and getting paid for them because your putting a bad representation of the sport into the public's eyes.....
Do you think it would be easier organizationally to have the pro stunt rider and the pro stunt competitor be two different classifications? I'm thinking from business end, and please forgive any ignorance on my part, I'm new to stunting, but have been running a company for six years. So sometimes I see the bottom line, but not the best way to get from A to B.

It seems to me like with the competitions an elected body can track competitors progress and points standings, which would help in selecting pros and amateur invitations to competitons.

In my thoughts there's no reason why stunt shows could not fall completely out of the competitor category and thus be unregulated and untracked by the oversight committee. Certainly a pro endeavor, but not so much a sport as an exhibition because it's not competitive or judged.

If I'm missing something, please fill me in, I'm interested.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:55 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Schooler
its not really competing in my eyes.....there were several riders at xdl that had sick runnns....SIICK SICCK,...and they got 6th 7th .....stunt competitions is like a popularity game in highschool....the riders who are the most popular and more of the "peoples champs" are the ones wwho are gona take the money
The comps I have been to (only a couple) I could clearly see why the winners won, something about their rides stood out. I think it could be a chicken and egg thing. Not so much winning because they are popular, but popular because they are winning.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:08 PM

yeha maybe their shinny bikes and cool bar tricks stood out...but these comps arent about talent.....its all image...
Old 11-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

yeha maybe their shinny bikes and cool bar tricks stood out...but these comps arent about talent.....its all image...

fool, i cant remember the last stunt show or comp that i did where i actualyl saw people doing bar tricks...

and even shiny stunt bikes usually only look good from 30ft away and are beat to hell up close.. its shows effort.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kaneone
fool, i cant remember the last stunt show or comp that i did where i actualyl saw people doing bar tricks...

and even shiny stunt bikes usually only look good from 30ft away and are beat to hell up close.. its shows effort.
i wasnt picking on you if thats what u thought being you have a shiny bike and your sig trick is a bar trick lolol jk......for real thoguh..i jsut think it has alot to do wiht popularity adn WHO YOU KNOW IN THIS "SPORT" and who your "cool" with..if it was all about skill..**** id buy an f4i and start practicing.......
Old 11-05-2006, 03:16 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

sounds like some one who doesnt ever win
Old 11-05-2006, 03:18 PM

PETe P is a decent person

I understand what your sayin and in some cases i do believe the same. Like yourself i won't name names or name specific comps but, yes it does seem as though sometimes the best rider doesn't win.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:23 PM
also known as OMR

sound like an excuse not to compete.......what ever gets you thru the night
Old 11-05-2006, 03:25 PM

or maybe i wouldnt wana spend thousands of dollars tio try and win a popularity contest and make back what ive put into it...unless you got some sponsors and ur doing mags fema show like kane and the hott ****...i really dont think comps are gona make u chas..unle4ss ur teach darius kane bull edub or pullen...lol..i garunttee nobdy is gona podium except a selected few
Old 11-05-2006, 03:26 PM
also known as OMR

pppfffttt i forgot i was talking to schooler never mind
Old 11-05-2006, 03:35 PM

What stood out to me was

Teaches precision, extension, energy, speed and engagement of the crowd. His skills are phenomenal and obvious, and overall presentation is highly professional
Darius's grace, execution of tricks, crowd interaction, presentation. Both of these two are clearly gifted at technical tricks, and also know how to get the crowd excited.
Kanes antics, his style sets him apart. He obviously pays attention to what the crowds like, and when watching him do something everyone else is also doing, there's that something that will set his trick apart. Not the bike, it's a certain theatrical aspect, he does exaggerated gestures and things, and the crowd responds to that. Just like I do. He's also more limber than just about anyone.

Bill D. His endos are sick, and everything else he did showed a similar innate talent coupled with dedicated practice. (I say that just because I don't want to believe a person can be THAT good without practicing constantly ) His endos didn't stand out because that's all he's good at. He was good at everything he did, and then his endos stood out as being better than everyones.

Warren Jamez has amazing control, agility and you can just tell he beats himself to death getting a trick perfect.
Nick Apex has a great style, he's another like Darius with the really consistent smooth motions, when he hops up on the tank it's as if there's a cord or something that just pulls him up there. It looks effortless. And he looks happy to be there.
Alex Flores is another one, he's so smooth and technical and he seems to always always be in total control of the bike. I think he'll be winning a lot of competitions.

Sorry to go on so long
Old 11-05-2006, 03:37 PM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
fool what you tell me the other day?

I talked to my Boss 2 days ago & She is gonna let me Travel around & pay for it starting next month. So what you got on that!! LOL :YEAH

No More

Old 11-05-2006, 03:49 PM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point

I just love being a Guppie on the Sea of Stunting!!! hahahahaha Once I eat more I hope to grow up to be a Tuna!!

Tootie Frootie Freaking Trix are for Kids.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:54 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Just like Golfers----Club Pros and Tournament Pro's, They are all of the highest caliber but the competitors perform under pressure and competitivley...The club pros teach and play locally....

Last edited by FrankieG; 11-05-2006 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:00 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, XDL was judged very well, and it was pretty easy to pick out the top 5....., I have seen Stuntwars issues in judging but they are getting better....

Thomas set up the rules, defined the rules and each rider had to execute and Flow into each trick!!!
Teach was AWESOME Deserved to win!!! Kane put a nearly flawless run in and deserved to win the west...

It's definately improving!
Old 11-05-2006, 05:03 PM
also known as OMR

or maybe i wouldnt wana spend thousands of dollars tio try and win a popularity contest and make back what ive put into it...unless you got some sponsors and ur doing mags fema show like kane and the hott ****...i really dont think comps are gona make u chas..unle4ss ur teach darius kane bull edub or pullen...lol..i garunttee nobdy is gona podium except a selected few
duh the select few thats how it works go fight with super stunna
Old 11-05-2006, 06:06 PM

DUMPstar is an unknown quantity at this point

i wasnt picking on you if thats what u thought being you have a shiny bike and your sig trick is a bar trick lolol jk......for real thoguh..i jsut think it has alot to do wiht popularity adn WHO YOU KNOW IN THIS "SPORT" and who your "cool" with..if it was all about skill..**** id buy an f4i and start practicing.......

ill agree with you about the comps being who you know,an image, and who your name is but xdl i think ws alot different ab etter comp with your bike had to look nice as part as the criteria but as you were
Old 11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

i say why sit here and ***** over whos who in this so called sport. I got into all this **** because of the basic fact that I love to ride my motorcycle. The day thats gets boring to me Ill quit. Doesnt look like thats gonna happen anytime soon so while all you are sitting here complaining over this and that Ill be at the spot getting better doing what I love. Hows that for a professional

Quick Reply: Pro or AM, which are you??