Pro or AM, which are you??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person
Re: Pro or AM, which are you??

I think it's as simple as do you pay to compete or do you get payed to compete. Kinda like Privateer Vs Factory in MX

People that work a full time job don't have the time & money to put into it but if they still shine in AM comps then they should be looked at by sponsors as being one of the next pro riders. then they could work a little less and ride a little more.

Also I wouldn't consider sponsors as a company or bike shop that just gives you parts and what not, Sponsors should help you get to the comp & pay you for the exposure you gave them. :2 cents
Old 11-04-2006, 12:19 AM

BULLO 900 is a decent person

I'm A Pro Street Rider........
Old 11-04-2006, 12:22 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by BULLO 900
I'm A Pro Street Rider........
pro parkin lot pimp
Old 11-04-2006, 12:34 AM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'm about as pro as a Canadian will ever get. So whatever level that puts me competing in the states i guess we will see.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:43 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

IMA PROFESSIONAL AMATUER NIGA!
WWHHHAAAAA!

WAIT!...what was the question again?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:02 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

and infact the only reason I was ever considered was because Darius didnt attend
so ya you pretty much owe it all to me I know this!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 01:32 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Darius
didnt think you would let that one slide
Old 11-04-2006, 02:15 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nsaneobsession
just wondering but where does Mana place.............to my knowledge he hasnt placed in any top comps so he should be an AM correct but he would kill most AM at a comp
+1 destruction of the competition.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:56 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Until this sport has a little bit more organization (which Thomas is quickly changing with the XDL show) then we will only recognize pros at this point by exposure. But, the XDL show is a great way to start classifying who is pro with a ranking system that is pretty much being recognized by all riders across the board. The nice thing about the XDL is it is not like stuntwars which is a show up and ride event over the course of a weekend. XDL provides mulitple competitions per REGION which eventually allows you to earn a spot at the big show against the TOP pros.

Personally, Stuntwars to me should be a compilation of only the TOP 5 winners from each XDL show from each Region. There should be an XDL show for every time zone. (It's a real easy way to break down the regions) Then the top 5 from each region are prequalified to compete at Stuntwars which to me should the cream of the crop. Also, there should be more than one competition per region. To better single it out, possibly hold a prelim that will prequalify you for the XDL show.

This showing up to the show and riding $hit just isn't cutting it. But, I do feel that if a "team" wants to ride at Stuntwars then one member from your team needs to be qualified at the XDL show in order for your team to advance. The only reason why I say that is if we are trying to single out the "best" stunter nation wide we need to allow teams to compete against themselves, but that also gives each team better odds of being exposed to the stunting world... by that I mean if a 5 person team has only 1 person make the Top 5 at the XDL, then the rest of the Team is grandfathered in to compete at Stuntwars to compete in the TEAM EVENT ONLY. The person that placed Top 5 at the XDL is the only person that can compete in the individual freestyle and any other individual competition.

Now I say Top 5, it could be the Top 10 or something like that... who knows. This is just a filtration system I have been thinking of that might really put a solid footprint in the stunting world and create solidarity in our sport!

Just my . Sorry... really long post!
+10000000 On the Team event thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomas the Team event proposal is pretty good!!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 04:20 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

I will be a pro competition until i stop doing well, then I will be a pro rider!

-Kane

thats what im talking bout

2006 was the year i studied all your videos and learned the slow wheelie
2007 will be the year i travel and compete, it will be tough considering i have to work and make the time to pracice travel compete...
but it is my major goal...

so bullo im stayin at ur pad for all the comps you hate so much...maybe you'll come out and cheer me and big cris 636 stunna and scotty on :YEAH
Old 11-04-2006, 04:30 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

but if i remember your your first words ever to me at infineon in 03 were: "Hey, your kane i recognized you on the LVX video..." and I was like... "cool thanks.."

haha

-Kane
Old 11-04-2006, 05:06 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Originally Posted by Kaneone

but if i remember your your first words ever to me at infineon in 03 were: "Hey, your kane i recognized you on the LVX video..." and I was like... "cool thanks.."

haha

-Kane
Ya and then I was like I thought he just dressed like that for the squareboyz skit, he really looks like that!!
Old 11-04-2006, 05:41 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
Teach
Darius
Kane
Woods
Bill D
Joe V
A brunelle
J brunelle
Rick Payne
Dan Jackson
Josh Clem
Aaron Colton
Warren Jamez
J-beatz
T-neck
Joe Molina
Jason Britton
Hoenshell
Patrick Stephens
Brando
Alex Flores
Jason Pullen
Legion John
Ryan Lanier
Borne
Theis
edub

Korno, friend, great rider, killed the northeast thing this year, but did he travel and place somewhere else?

bullo, he dont care either way...

who else should be on this list as an actively competing pro rider??

and they have to have an established record of travelling to a few comps and placing top 15 or have gone to one major and placed top 5
if gary hefferane would compete and ride like he does at the spot when we just kick back and free ride. i would say that he should be towards the top of the list. but because of all the bs and lack of compatent judging he will not compete. thomas you have got it going in the right direction but it still has a long way to go
Old 11-04-2006, 05:57 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Originally Posted by suicidl
if gary hefferane would compete and ride like he does at the spot when we just kick back and free ride. i would say that he should be towards the top of the list. but because of all the bs and lack of compatent judging he will not compete. thomas you have got it going in the right direction but it still has a long way to go
I think that pretty much goes for everyone though. If I could do the **** I've done in a lot at a comp I would win everyone.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:17 AM

PETe P is a decent person

I think that pretty much goes for everyone though. If I could do the **** I've done in a lot at a comp I would win everyone.
like any sport those are the joys of comps.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Regular StuntLifer

nsaneobsession is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suicidl
. but because of all the bs and lack of compatent judging he will not compete. thomas you have got it going in the right direction but it still has a long way to go
+10000000000
Old 11-04-2006, 10:38 AM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

that's what separates the men from the boys
Old 11-04-2006, 11:06 AM

Ed-o is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John LegionST
this is a very open ended statement...

what gives someone PRO skills... some hard tricks?!?! does that make you a pro cause you can do some hard stunts!??!?!

Or does your execution count... does how well you link your tricks count... how about how well you present yourself?... or how you play to a crowd??(two riders with similar skills can DEFINATELY still be in different leagues based on HOW they ride!!!

there is a LOT more that goes into being a "PRO" than the tricks you can do!!!
+100000000000000000000000
Old 11-04-2006, 11:14 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

in my book, you are a pro if this is your primary occupation, from which you have something...if you present your riding at shows, competitions or such...if your bag of tricks is wide enough to make a show , to interest somebody in what you are doing, and make them say WTF?!?! If you can perform (most of) the tricks you execute with 99% efficiency...

and with all that, you should know how to behave as a pro...
Old 11-04-2006, 11:40 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
The person that placed Top 5 at the XDL is the only person that can compete in the individual freestyle and any other individual competition.
Ok, to the whole post, but... ^^ let's say you don't place good enough to enter this, aldo you can still kick someone's/everyones's *** in certain trick (longest/fastest no hander, most circles per min., sickest trick or whatever)...is this ok?

Quick Reply: Pro or AM, which are you??