Pro or AM, which are you??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:00 PM

John LegionST is a decent person
Re: Pro or AM, which are you??

Originally Posted by SICK_508
There is more PROS in new england areas that you have NOT recognized
it yet.

who? (not saing there arent more, just wondering who you are thinkin of) and make sure you name the MAJOR event that they placed at...

that goes for anyone saying that there are Pro riders that are not listed on Thomas's list... im sure there are more but at least back it up with some concrete facts, not opinion

Last edited by John LegionST; 11-03-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:01 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by John LegionST
who? and make sure you name the MAJOR event that they placed at...

that goes for anyone saying that there are Pro riders that are not listed on Thomas's list... im sure there are more but at least back it up with some concrete facts, not opinion

but then again, like i said before, there is a LOT more that goes into being a "Pro" than your riding... but we'll at least start with naming events they placed at
Old 11-03-2006, 05:05 PM

DUMPstar is an unknown quantity at this point

ok i dont get this thread. are we trying to decide who is pro and not and why?? well if thats the case im gonna throw my into the mix. but if the thread is not about that sorry mind my pointlessness.

i pretty sure if you get paid for the sport you do. whether it be $1 or $1,000,000 you pro. skateboarding there are tons of pro riders no one knows about.

but in our hobby/sport it`s hard to define pro and am. everyone hear pretty much got paid to do a wheelie whether comp or show. people saying if your sponsored your pro?????? ok so the local shop gave me a free take off. recognize im pro now. dont think so. aaron colton sick *** rider,young, has sponsor`s but i dont know him winning any comps (please correct me if im wrong) but he gets tons of love and exsposure from ssb and all riders. but he is not really a pro. same with e-dub from outermost. then there is rommel and jay soi and g-nice no sponsors,no real exposure but does anyone really wants a piece of them on the streets,in the lot,or at a FAIRLY JUDGE comp. but they are not seen as pro`s because no one really knows them. then if we get into sponsors and exposure and winning comps. really there are 3 DARIUS,TEACH,KANE. i think a pro consist of a decent rider,who is making contacts and pushing the sport in a positive direction and is very easily approachable. sorry if this is going on and on and i might be really off track. and now i lost my train of thought i appologize again
Old 11-03-2006, 05:10 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by DUMPstar
ok i dont get this thread. are we trying to decide who is pro and not and why?? well if thats the case im gonna throw my into the mix. but if the thread is not about that sorry mind my pointlessness.

i pretty sure if you get paid for the sport you do. whether it be $1 or $1,000,000 you pro. skateboarding there are tons of pro riders no one knows about.

but in our hobby/sport it`s hard to define pro and am. everyone hear pretty much got paid to do a wheelie whether comp or show. people saying if your sponsored your pro?????? ok so the local shop gave me a free take off. recognize im pro now. dont think so. aaron colton sick *** rider,young, has sponsor`s but i dont know him winning any comps (please correct me if im wrong) but he gets tons of love and exsposure from ssb and all riders. but he is not really a pro. same with e-dub from outermost. then there is rommel and jay soi and g-nice no sponsors,no real exposure but does anyone really wants a piece of them on the streets,in the lot,or at a FAIRLY JUDGE comp. but they are not seen as pro`s because no one really knows them. then if we get into sponsors and exposure and winning comps. really there are 3 DARIUS,TEACH,KANE. i think a pro consist of a decent rider,who is making contacts and pushing the sport in a positive direction and is very easily approachable. sorry if this is going on and on and i might be really off track. and now i lost my train of thought i appologize again
So dumpstar pretty much is saying what we all thought.........there is no organization to the whole deal, if youve gotten paid your a pro, and everyones opinion of what a pro rider is defferent than their neighbors, good thread tho, made work go by fast and thanks to thomas for picking all of our brains............by the way, where is teach, darius and kanes comment on this????
Old 11-03-2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by T-Ice
there is no organization to the whole deal

yeah what he said
Old 11-03-2006, 05:37 PM

louisvillerider is a decent person

Originally Posted by DUMPstar
really there are 3 DARIUS,TEACH,KANE. i think a pro consist of a decent rider,who is making contacts and pushing the sport in a positive direction

dont forget bout Bill D
Old 11-03-2006, 05:46 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Until this sport has a little bit more organization (which Thomas is quickly changing with the XDL show) then we will only recognize pros at this point by exposure. But, the XDL show is a great way to start classifying who is pro with a ranking system that is pretty much being recognized by all riders across the board. The nice thing about the XDL is it is not like stuntwars which is a show up and ride event over the course of a weekend. XDL provides mulitple competitions per REGION which eventually allows you to earn a spot at the big show against the TOP pros.

Personally, Stuntwars to me should be a compilation of only the TOP 5 winners from each XDL show from each Region. There should be an XDL show for every time zone. (It's a real easy way to break down the regions) Then the top 5 from each region are prequalified to compete at Stuntwars which to me should the cream of the crop. Also, there should be more than one competition per region. To better single it out, possibly hold a prelim that will prequalify you for the XDL show.

This showing up to the show and riding $hit just isn't cutting it. But, I do feel that if a "team" wants to ride at Stuntwars then one member from your team needs to be qualified at the XDL show in order for your team to advance. The only reason why I say that is if we are trying to single out the "best" stunter nation wide we need to allow teams to compete against themselves, but that also gives each team better odds of being exposed to the stunting world... by that I mean if a 5 person team has only 1 person make the Top 5 at the XDL, then the rest of the Team is grandfathered in to compete at Stuntwars to compete in the TEAM EVENT ONLY. The person that placed Top 5 at the XDL is the only person that can compete in the individual freestyle and any other individual competition.

Now I say Top 5, it could be the Top 10 or something like that... who knows. This is just a filtration system I have been thinking of that might really put a solid footprint in the stunting world and create solidarity in our sport!

Just my . Sorry... really long post!
Old 11-03-2006, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
dont forget bout Bill D
i just stated those 3 names quikly and in no disrespect to any other rider including bill as he is a sick rider but kind of flys under the radar except when it comes to stoppies. my appology`s
Old 11-03-2006, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Until this sport has a little bit more organization (which Thomas is quickly changing with the XDL show) then we will only recognize pros at this point by exposure. But, the XDL show is a great way to start classifying who is pro with a ranking system that is pretty much being recognized by all riders across the board. The nice thing about the XDL is it is not like stuntwars which is a show up and ride event over the course of a weekend. XDL provides mulitple competitions per REGION which eventually allows you to earn a spot at the big show against the TOP pros.

Personally, Stuntwars to me should be a compilation of only the TOP 5 winners from each XDL show from each Region. There should be an XDL show for every time zone. (It's a real easy way to break down the regions) Then the top 5 from each region are prequalified to compete at Stuntwars which to me should the cream of the crop. Also, there should be more than one competition per region. To better single it out, possibly hold a prelim that will prequalify you for the XDL show.

This showing up to the show and riding $hit just isn't cutting it. But, I do feel that if a "team" wants to ride at Stuntwars then one member from your team needs to be qualified at the XDL show in order for your team to advance. The only reason why I say that is if we are trying to single out the "best" stunter nation wide we need to allow teams to compete against themselves, but that also gives each team better odds of being exposed to the stunting world... by that I mean if a 5 person team has only 1 person make the Top 5 at the XDL, then the rest of the Team is grandfathered in to compete at Stuntwars to compete in the TEAM EVENT ONLY. The person that placed Top 5 at the XDL is the only person that can compete in the individual freestyle and any other individual competition.

Now I say Top 5, it could be the Top 10 or something like that... who knows. This is just a filtration system I have been thinking of that might really put a solid footprint in the stunting world and create solidarity in our sport!

Just my . Sorry... really long post!

good thoughts but how about if you cant make it to xdl?? so saying ac farias christian phiefer didnt go to xdl they shouldnt be aloowed to ride at stuntwarz????? hmmmmmmm no dissing your but i dont think that is a good idea
Old 11-03-2006, 06:15 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

either way.. there is not going to be a standard until someone sets it... so I was thinking of setting it for 2007
Old 11-03-2006, 06:22 PM

DEBO is a decent person

Based on????????
Old 11-03-2006, 06:28 PM

WADESEC518 is an unknown quantity at this point

to me the respect of placing top ten in pro would be worth way more than some mechandice that you would win in the am. class
Old 11-03-2006, 06:30 PM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
dont forget bout Bill D
+1
Old 11-03-2006, 06:57 PM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
either way.. there is not going to be a standard until someone sets it... so I was thinking of setting it for 2007
I'm just a fan, so the only thing that matters about what I say is that I buy tickets to see motorcycle stunters (shows and/or comps). I prefer comps to shows cause I think comps bring a little extra drama to the event, as long as the judging is fair. Would u rather see a UFC training session or a UFC title fight? I always enjoyed the XSBA shows, but that organization sort of fizzled out for some reason. An organization like XSBA, or like what's being mentioned in this thread, would be a good thing for fans like me. If you put something together Thomas, you can count on me buying a ticket. SO DO IT!!!:YEAH
Old 11-03-2006, 06:59 PM

Im tired of everyone asking....It has to start somewhere... it is going to consist of actively competeing riders. then at the end of 2007 riders can be moved up to pro

the details are not done yet... yes amatuers can get paid to do show, yes they can do videos, whatever.. but we are talking about competitions, placement and consistency

any more riders?
Old 11-03-2006, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by COOP 1
I'm just a fan, so the only thing that matters about what I say is that I buy tickets to see motorcycle stunters (shows and/or comps). I prefer comps to shows cause I think comps bring a little extra drama to the event, as long as the judging is fair. Would u rather see a UFC training session or a UFC title fight? I always enjoyed the XSBA shows, but that organization sort of fizzled out for some reason. An organization like XSBA, or like what's being mentioned in this thread, would be a good thing for fans like me. If you put something together Thomas, you can count on me buying a ticket. SO DO IT!!!:YEAH
thanks for the support, I like doing the hot seat thing at comps to, it does create some fun drama
Old 11-03-2006, 07:07 PM

Im tired of everyone asking....It has to start somewhere... it is going to consist of actively competeing riders. then at the end of 2007 riders can be moved up to pro

the details are not done yet... yes amatuers can get paid to do show, yes they can do videos, whatever.. but we are talking about competitions, placement and consistency

any more riders?

ill bill knight
beaver bob
xfr joe
dan herz(when he cleans his bike up)

who else you got now on your list????
Old 11-03-2006, 07:08 PM

Teach
Darius
Kane
Woods
Bill D
Joe V
A brunelle
J brunelle
Rick Payne
Dan Jackson
Josh Clem
Aaron Colton
Warren Jamez
J-beatz
T-neck
Joe Molina
Jason Britton
Hoenshell
Patrick Stephens
Brando
Alex Flores
Jason Pullen
Legion John
Ryan Lanier
Borne
Theis
edub

Korno, friend, great rider, killed the northeast thing this year, but did he travel and place somewhere else?

bullo, he dont care either way...

who else should be on this list as an actively competing pro rider??

and they have to have an established record of travelling to a few comps and placing top 15 or have gone to one major and placed top 5

Last edited by DSOG Thomas; 11-03-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Regular StuntLifer

nsaneobsession is an unknown quantity at this point

Teach
Darius
Kane
Woods
Bill D
Joe V
A brunelle
J brunelle
Rick Payne
Dan Jackson
Josh Clem
Aaron Colton
Warren Jamez
J-beatz
T-neck
Joe Molina
Jason Britton
Hoenshell
Patrick Stephens
Brando
Alex Flores
Jason Pullen
Legion John
Ryan Lanier
Borne
Theis
edub

Korno, friend, great rider, killed the northeast thing this year, but did he travel and place somewhere else?

bullo, he dont care either way...

who else should be on this list as an actively competing pro rider??
just wondering but where does Mana place.............to my knowledge he hasnt placed in any top comps so he should be an AM correct but he would kill most AM at a comp
Old 11-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Regular StuntLifer

nsaneobsession is an unknown quantity at this point

by the way i spoke with Corey Soper from Urban Industries today and he said he will be trying to organize a huge show in cali for next year and i referred him to you and he stated that he thought you where on his myspace but if you werent i would give him your number

Quick Reply: Pro or AM, which are you??