Pro or AM, which are you??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 03:36 PM

Drastic-James is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pro or AM, which are you??

Originally Posted by John LegionST
John LegionST, midwestmulisha, excessa, DSOG Thomas, Val_0, atl freestyle, Scott@STUNTERS, Righteous 1, moosh009, T-NECK, Drastic-James, aaronwilliams, Dr.Spot, R1Aaron

Post up fools, dont be skerd!

I am a washed up AM
Old 11-03-2006, 03:40 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

didnt read the whole thread but if you have been paid to do whoolies your a pro not all pros are good ie kyle petty and countless other pros like all the golf pros you never heard of the baseball players that dont get hr s
Old 11-03-2006, 03:40 PM

fatboystuntz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mr.Gix
what ever happened to you have to compete in "x" amount of comps as an am to even be able to compete at a pro level unless you get first place in am and you are then able to compete at the pro level right away. I think you should have to work your way up. I also don't like when people sandbag though. People that compete at an am level just so they can smoke the class all the time and win prizes and stuff.
but how do these comps seperate themsleves from each other...cuz there are a alot of smaller shows that go on...IE e-town in jersey, i rode AM in that and placed 1st...does that mean im pro??? ive yet to compete at a large "nationwide show" so i am really confused on how to classify yourslef as pro...
as to answer thomas' question id comepete ameture i think...but at the same time id like to see how i can do agasit the top in the game....great thread
Old 11-03-2006, 03:49 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fatboystuntz
but how do these comps seperate themsleves from each other...cuz there are a alot of smaller shows that go on...IE e-town in jersey, i rode AM in that and placed 1st...does that mean im pro??? ive yet to compete at a large "nationwide show" so i am really confused on how to classify yourslef as pro...
as to answer thomas' question id comepete ameture i think...but at the same time id like to see how i can do agasit the top in the game....great thread
This is why I ahve been thinking all presnetly active competition organizers should get together and have representatives of each group form a board that oversees scoring and whatnot. So that rules about riding, scoring, judges and whatever can be drafted by a group of people who really know what has worked for them, and have industry credibility. Then as new promoters or organizers become interested in the sport, they'll have someone to go to. You all who had to blaze these trails can make it that much easier for the next guy. And in so doing benefit everyone involved in competitive stunting.

It's not like they have to have weekly meetings in the same building, but if they all work together, they can give this sport a huge boost. Each competiton I went to had at least one individual who was clearly very effective, organized, and passionate about the sport. If all of these people were to work together, they'd be unstoppable.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:52 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by timex
Good point.

It would be nice to get a collaborated effort to bring back something like XSBA that layed out rules/regulations and could determine a professional rider and an amateur rider.

ummm xdl?
Old 11-03-2006, 03:53 PM

fatboystuntz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by excessa
This is why I ahve been thinking all presnetly active competition organizers should get together and have representatives of each group form a board that oversees scoring and whatnot. So that rules about riding, scoring, judges and whatever can be drafted by a group of people who really know what has worked for them, and have industry credibility. Then as new promoters or organizers become interested in the sport, they'll have someone to go to. You all who had to blaze these trails can make it that much easier for the next guy. And in so doing benefit everyone involved in competitive stunting.

It's not like they have to have weekly meetings in the same building, but if they all work together, they can give this sport a huge boost. Each competiton I went to had at least one individual who was clearly very effective, organized, and passionate about the sport. If all of these people were to work together, they'd be unstoppable.
+1000000000
i totoally agree with everything you just said there...that is what this "sport" needs...cuz then all or at least most these shows can be sumwhat linked together and get a standard feel for whos PRO or AM and whos ranking where...hopefullly 1 day this would all go like you;ve said
Old 11-03-2006, 03:55 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mikey SBF
ummm xdl?
xdl was a really well run event. I don't know where all the credit goes, but whoever was behind it, the only thing they screwed up was the weather. No one remembered to order sunshine, and we ran out.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:56 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

my post count makes me a pro
Old 11-03-2006, 03:59 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by scott3824

or a loser... your call...
Old 11-03-2006, 04:01 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by John LegionST
or a loser... your call...
hahahaha d1ck
I'm gonna go with efficient at work.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:01 PM

Mr.Gix is a jewel in the roughMr.Gix is a jewel in the roughMr.Gix is a jewel in the roughMr.Gix is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scott3824
Is it over 10K b/c then i'm in. :YEAH
Old 11-03-2006, 04:03 PM

Mr.Gix is a jewel in the roughMr.Gix is a jewel in the roughMr.Gix is a jewel in the roughMr.Gix is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by fatboystuntz
True you won e-town and i feel that whole comp is more of an am comp. only b/c of the way it's run. That's why you should have to compete in "X" number or comps in order to become pro.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Gix
True you won e-town and i feel that whole comp is more of an am comp. only b/c of the way it's run. That's why you should have to compete in "X" number or comps in order to become pro.
Or compete in comps that are endorsed by the sanctioning body. Which should be called a stunt syndicate I think, in keeping with the gangster theme.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:08 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

This is pretty simple, and Thomas U shuld not give riders the option!

Being known should have NOTHING to do with PRO/AM status, It should be as simple as

If you ever competed in any sanctioned event, ie: Xdl, stuntwars, psychofest, starboys, king of the south and many others.. ect....and won ANY $$$$$ or major prize IE Motorcycles est.., You are a PRO!!!!

DEFINED AS:
Professional is a PAID!!!!!!
Amatur - IS NOT....

Once a sanctioning body is deveolped, to distinguish this and track it it will be open (Seemingly)?????

Just my opinion!

Last edited by FrankieG; 11-03-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:16 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

dont 4get 2 add korno on list too as well.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:34 PM

Artiom can only hope to improve

where and when it's gonna be?
Old 11-03-2006, 04:41 PM

carm3twenty2 is a decent person

i think that if you win a recognizable event or end up in the top 3 that should make you a pro rider and i don't mean backyard comps
other than that we are all amatures

Old 11-03-2006, 04:41 PM

louisvillerider is a decent person

if you have all these ppl who COULD and should compete PRo competing in the AM.... thats not fair to the TRUE Am's... just cause you dont want to get showed up.... might as well compete in the special olympics while your @ it
Old 11-03-2006, 04:47 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

There is more PROS in new england areas that you have NOT recognized
it yet.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:52 PM

DEBO is a decent person

Originally Posted by T-Ice
i compete pro......so i guess my name would be on the list??
I am in the same shoes, I compete against the pro's...

Would I be on the list?

Quick Reply: Pro or AM, which are you??