Pro or AM, which are you??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 01:53 PM

Schooler is a decent person
Re: Pro or AM, which are you??

yeha you totally showed darius up
Old 11-06-2006, 01:56 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Schooler
yeha you totally showed darius up
Schooler, this is an attempt at a serious thread, can you please stop posting for the sake of posting, there are plenty other threads you can go *****.....
Old 11-06-2006, 02:09 PM

a serioius thread? when cna a thread eb serious over the internet...its jsut words in cyberspace..there will be million more threads liek it..why dont you go find yourself a serious thread
Old 11-06-2006, 02:25 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Schooler
a serioius thread? when cna a thread eb serious over the internet...its jsut words in cyberspace..there will be million more threads liek it..why dont you go find yourself a serious thread
Schooler, are you an idiot? The internet is not some imaginary place filled with talking machines. These are people, and the rules of polite society still apply in the same way they do everywhere else. If you can't function socially, you will eventually be tossed aside.

This thread is serious, the topic is important to many of the people on this site, and you are interfering with their interests. And mine. So contribute something of value. Seriously consider the topic of competitive stunting, pro or amateur and the best way to set up a ranking system.

If you think nothing can come of thi8s, and that's why you don't care, you're wrong. the very people who can effect a change in this sport are paying attention. And to see people not taking it seriously or thinking that nothing can ever be improved by this form of communication is probably discouraging.

Think about it, if these are your bros, step up and give a little something worthwhile to the sport.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:49 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

This Is the way I see it....
If your going to make a Pro and Amateur and Expert class you need to base the Pro Class in more then one category, Look at AMA road racing there are Factory pro's and privateer's the difference being you can not expect the the Privateers to beat the Factory Pro's!!! there need to be sub categories in every class, not just a blanket class for all categories. 2nd the pay out's need to be a % of the take... and not a set amount! being that the Promoter make the lion share of the profit Is bull ****!!!! I see Promoters out there driving Ferries and riders driving 1984 Toyotas! in order for this to happen we need to boycott the Promoters and events that are trying to make all the money for them self's and pay out as little as they can get away with..... a bunch of my friends are on the FSX tour {freestyle Snow X} and they have all gone through the same bull ****!!! now there are making over 200k per year as pro's! just my $.02
Old 11-06-2006, 02:53 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

heres what i am going to say on the initial topic....
if you have a doubt in your mind what to enter, pro or am, enter pro.
theres no point in somewhere down the road wondering what you couldve done, even if it is just one comp.

The biggest problem with this sport is who knows who and whack *** judging. If you disagree you're in denial.

The biggest problem so far that i have seen with amateur comps is judges knowing so and so and feeling like that guy put on a good run for HIMSELF, therefore feeling that they should place him higher.

With that said. I think that the 5 5 5 5 judging also is kinda bs. While i LOVE the idea of forcing people who compete into being well rounded, i think that should be a bit more open ended.... You can show that you are well rounded without doing five of everything.. I could go out and nail off five burnouts five stoppies five acros five wheelies, but that doesnt mean much when you're throwing in christs or one handed pop stoppies and **** to make the cut.

Just out of curiosity on this system of judging, say rider (A) does a pop stoppie one and rider (B) rails out a combo line then slams it down into a 300 foot endo, is rider (B) scored the same as (A) for his stoppie? just with an added 1 or 2 "style" points or whatever "we're" calling them?

Because in my book someone shouldnt be getting credit, errr, points... for doing the same **** 90% of squids do at the stoplight week 2 of owning a bike, when after all, we're competing at a proffesional level.

With that said. I think from now on i'm riding the 1k, doing tank danglers, one foot out dog **** wheelies and power points since i'll still get my points, since thats what counts.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:07 PM

haha..i got all you gfoing..look at you...SOCIETY my ***...im still waiting to get "thrown aside" lol.....
Old 11-06-2006, 03:32 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

You're not even listening, which is why eventually people won't listen to you.

And as for your "personality" how stupid does a person have to be to be proud of themselves for annoying people? Dude, that is not a skill. Anyone can annoy me. Earlier I was annoyed by an inanimate object.

If that's the best you can do, you have my pity. Any retard can be annoying, there's no sport in it. I irritate people on accident constantly.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:53 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by jowalskiMO
Because in my book someone shouldnt be getting credit, errr, points... for doing the same **** 90% of squids do at the stoplight week 2 of owning a bike, when after all, we're competing at a proffesional level.

With that said. I think from now on i'm riding the 1k, doing tank danglers, one foot out dog **** wheelies and power points since i'll still get my points, since thats what counts.
20 points variation ( 5 5 5 5 )
20 points difficulty
20 points execution
40 points overall

so no, the 1k idea wouldn't work so well

There is a check and balance. Sure pop that stoppie and get 1 point for it. But you'll lose in difficulty, execution, and overall. Overall is where it's at, nice bike, good show, great crowd interaction, fluidity. Hell virtuosity even, haha.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

i understand thats how the points break down, just saying it doesnt seem like thats how it ends up working....thats all
Old 11-06-2006, 05:47 PM

Virtuosity. I haven't heard that term since DSOG Thomas wore it out in Fresno.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:36 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

i understand thats how the points break down, just saying it doesnt seem like thats how it ends up working....thats all
Could it be bad judges at the events you've seen/been in?

I tend to think the standard of judging is just as important as the judges themselves, something that never gets enough consideration. We don't have too many riders that can/will judge high dollar events. I would much rather be judged by someone who could/can then just follows the sport.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:52 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
Could it be bad judges at the events you've seen/been in?

I tend to think the standard of judging is just as important as the judges themselves, something that never gets enough consideration. We don't have too many riders that can/will judge high dollar events. I would much rather be judged by someone who could/can then just follows the sport.
you were ok at xdl for a long hair nick
Old 11-06-2006, 07:57 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

ok instead of doing what I was thinking, I will just keep doing my own thing and helping out people I know...
Old 11-06-2006, 08:10 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Obviously you werent at xdl.
As a non-competitor at that event that has been around and been to enough events, xdl was very fairly judged and the poinit system worked out very well.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
ok instead of doing what I was thinking, I will just keep doing my own thing and helping out people I know...
Please don't stop. Schooler is a retard. I don't actually believe you'd turn your back on the entire stunt community on this subject, knowing how much good you can do large scale just because some c0ckmonkey doesn't know how to act. You're above that ****. I'm sure it seems thankless, but if you look at the quality responses, you're looking at the people that cohesive organization will truly benefit.

The total dumbasses are the ones who can't hang with the pros so they try to act like there's something wrong with the whole idea. I'll shut up now, you already know everything I'm saying.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Regular StuntLifer

nsaneobsession is an unknown quantity at this point

i just found someone on here i really cant stand anymore...................Schooler................ ......the only reason you hate you little fu(king punk is that we all have fu(king bikes to ride and you go on CYPERSPACE and find free **** to beat off too........................and you smart off ..........ill assure you ill find your *** at a show somewhere and bit(h slap you and then hold you so that road rash chic can smack your *** to.....just cause i live in Va ill be in vegas............ and i dont forget....................PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Regular StuntLifer

nsaneobsession is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
keep going fool so you can get it going................:YEAH
Old 11-06-2006, 08:56 PM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
20 points variation ( 5 5 5 5 )
20 points difficulty
20 points execution
40 points overall

so no, the 1k idea wouldn't work so well

There is a check and balance. Sure pop that stoppie and get 1 point for it. But you'll lose in difficulty, execution, and overall. Overall is where it's at, nice bike, good show, great crowd interaction, fluidity. Hell virtuosity even, haha.

With that Judging can i go do a quickie begginers pop a stoppie & get the point. Kinda like a lot of people I know that got NO Style. They just do the trick kinda like in competition for the point or credit. SSSHHHIIITTT is Wack. In your combo as long as you take a foot off do you call it a Flamingo & do the next trick?? What happened to Style & Extension.. Little Quick tricks with no Style SUKK!! Judging in this Sport is in Flunking Kindergarden for the 5th year already... People that Flunk Kindergarden SuKK AZZ!!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:04 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nsaneobsession
i just found someone on here i really cant stand anymore...................Schooler................ ......the only reason you hate you little fu(king punk is that we all have fu(king bikes to ride and you go on CYPERSPACE and find free **** to beat off too........................and you smart off ..........ill assure you ill find your *** at a show somewhere and bit(h slap you and then hold you so that road rash chic can smack your *** to.....just cause i live in Va ill be in vegas............ and i dont forget....................PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
AND DONT FORGET, U PROMISED!!!

Quick Reply: Pro or AM, which are you??