Pro or AM, which are you??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 07:27 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
Re: Pro or AM, which are you??

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
i say why sit here and ***** over whos who in this so called sport. I got into all this **** because of the basic fact that I love to ride my motorcycle. The day thats gets boring to me Ill quit. Doesnt look like thats gonna happen anytime soon so while all you are sitting here complaining over this and that Ill be at the spot getting better doing what I love. Hows that for a professional

i agree.....best post in the whole thread.....you can name 50 stunt riders in this country that are good, but your never going to have them in correct order and always people will be left out....*** it.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:41 PM

Schooler is a decent person

i say why sit here and ***** over whos who in this so called sport. I got into all this **** because of the basic fact that I love to ride my motorcycle. The day thats gets boring to me Ill quit. Doesnt look like thats gonna happen anytime soon so while all you are sitting here complaining over this and that Ill be at the spot getting better doing what I love. Hows that for a professional
**** you know you were on stuntlife loggin in posts whne your motor blew!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:42 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I think there's more involved here than who is who.

From a business persons perspective it looks like the industry hit a bit of a wall, which can best be overcome by expanding the capabilities of the events organizers. And the exact right thing to do is seek input from you guys.

You could probably best help him and yourselves by recounting your experiences at various events, what went just right, and what didn't. Bonus if you can say how what didn't go right could be addressed in the future.

I'm just chiming in a lot because I have curiosities and opinions, and am a corporate strategist. None of which matters at all compared to suggestions from the people who have ridden in the competitions.

I'd bet DSOG Thomas is looking at the bigger picture. Not just trying to figure out who is a pro and who isn't, but more how you all think a reliable ranking model could be implemented.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:48 PM

can you send me naked pics excessa
Old 11-05-2006, 07:55 PM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ ^^^
Old 11-05-2006, 08:04 PM

PETe P is a decent person

It's 35 today and my sprocket is missing teeth.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:07 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

You guys saying, "who cares, just ride for fun..." are missing the bigger picture! if you ware hppy with just riding and dont care, that's fine, go do that... but dont knock what we are trying to do HERE in this thread!

We need structure so that we are more marketable!

What would AMA motocross/supercross be with a Championship points chase and a Champ... and rankings?!?!?! a bunch of random races with MUCH less public interest and industry appeal!!! that's what!

we need a true sanctioning body where every rider in the country is ranked and there is a points chase to crown a national (or maybe for now regional) champ(s)...

XDL is a great start... for 2007 i would like to see XDL go to 3 rounds in 3 different regions... west, east, and central... where at each round competitors earn points... Top 10 in points from each region after the 3 rounds go to the National championship...
Old 11-05-2006, 08:12 PM

but there isnt no favorites in motocross...there judged stirctly on how they ride that bike. at the end of the day its who rides best
Old 11-05-2006, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Schooler
but there isnt no favorites in motocross...there judged stirctly on how they ride that bike. at the end of the day its who rides best

I dont know what comp you are talking about, but XDL East scoring was pretty much ON POINT!... no matter how well known the rider was!

scoring at comps keeps getting better and better... hopefully the trend continues... FMX seems to work pretty well and they are scored similar to the way we are
Old 11-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Regular StuntLifer

nsaneobsession is an unknown quantity at this point

+100
Old 11-05-2006, 08:33 PM

and again you gotta rememebr im going off of what he siad shes said he said
Old 11-05-2006, 08:50 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

can you send me naked pics excessa
I just have that one of Dan, and it's really not naked, just a "tea bag the barstool" kind of thing.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by John LegionST
You guys saying, "who cares, just ride for fun..." are missing the bigger picture! if you ware hppy with just riding and dont care, that's fine, go do that... but dont knock what we are trying to do HERE in this thread!

What would AMA motocross/supercross be with a Championship points chase and a Champ... and rankings?!?!?! a bunch of random races with MUCH less public interest and industry appeal!!! that's what!

we need a true sanctioning body where every rider in the country is ranked and there is a points chase to crown a national (or maybe for now regional) champ(s)...

XDL is a great start... for 2007 i would like to see XDL go to 3 rounds in 3 different regions... west, east, and central... where at each round competitors earn points... Top 10 in points from each region after the 3 rounds go to the National championship...

John, you are cool.

ETA for Schooler:
Pretty much the same guys win at FMX too. IMO it's not because they are popular, it's because they are the best. Not everyone can be the best. Even though at the top they are all great.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by excessa
I just have that one of Dan, and it's really not naked, just a "tea bag the barstool" kind of thing.
well send that one just photoshop out dan and the tea bagging part and leave what ever good nakedness there is of you:YEAH
Old 11-05-2006, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by excessa
John, you are cool.

ETA for Schooler:
Pretty much the same guys win at FMX too. IMO it's not because they are popular, it's because they are the best. Not everyone can be the best. Even though at the top they are all great.
no way...different guys are always steppping **** up in motocross
Old 11-05-2006, 08:58 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Originally Posted by John LegionST

not knocking anything bro. I seriously doubt that talking about **** on stuntlife is serously gonna bring more organization to our sport. Stuntlife is a stong tool but it aint gonna cut it bro and thats the facts. ***** been argued on here for years and **** aint changed. Im just saying ride for fun and do what you gotta do to get yours. Someday a strong sanctioning body is gonna come in and help us out. Until then hustle as much as you can and ride cause you love it. All the business **** comes with loving what you do
Old 11-05-2006, 09:26 PM

not knocking anything bro. I seriously doubt that talking about **** on stuntlife is serously gonna bring more organization to our sport. Stuntlife is a stong tool but it aint gonna cut it bro and thats the facts. ***** been argued on here for years and **** aint changed. Im just saying ride for fun and do what you gotta do to get yours. Someday a strong sanctioning body is gonna come in and help us out. Until then hustle as much as you can and ride cause you love it. All the business **** comes with loving what you do

agreed that posting on SL isnt going to make a HUGE change... but our input helps. You're right, one day a sanctioning body will implement itself into stuntriding and if you want to reap the benefits of that, you need to practice now!

I hear ya ernie and agree with ya, but i'd also like to help with this as much as possible and dont think that ignoring this and letting others work it out is the best way to go.

In the end, all of us who love stunting will be killing it for years, sanctioning body or not, and loving every moment of it!
Old 11-05-2006, 09:58 PM

well send that one just photoshop out dan and the tea bagging part and leave what ever good nakedness there is of you:YEAH
I wasn't in the pic.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:00 PM

no way...different guys are always steppping **** up in motocross
In motocross, but FMX competitions, if Travis, Nate or any of the other big guys show up, they'll sweep it. Because they rule. Not because the judges are bad. But I need to stop, because I've heard XDL was not representative of all competitions judging wise, and some comps have been messed up.

I hope it won't be that way in the future because it's not right, and I guess partially I just don't want to believe it is happening.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

stunt competitions is like a popularity game in highschool....the riders who are the most popular and more of the "peoples champs" are the ones wwho are gona take the money

ok i know im gonna start **** with this one but..

I think your sentance is true, i also think its true in many more sports than some may realize and i also think its better that way for the growth of our industry. in order for us to continue to grow we need to continue to get new interested money spending spectators involved.

being the "peoples champ" helps do just that. ok maybe its not fair sometime that so n so won cause of this that and so n so lost but did this or that.. blah blah (insert typical stunt comp drama here) (we are all guilty of it, myself included) but in the end isnt the whole point of what we do AS A SPORT AND INDUSTRY, not as a friendship local hang out stress releiver (which many riders preffer to keep it, and to them more power and much props) but it seems that a lot of us are trying to make something more of it. and in my opinion whatever helps the growth of it all, I am all for even if it means people getting screwed over and things that i dont agree with taking place..

biker boyz, superbikes, fast endo, MTV truelife, shiny wheels, clean bikes, christ airs... many of those things are thing that i think are stupid and not really pushing the technicality or the core of our sport, but in my opinion everyone of those things pushes the industry and aids to the growth of it as a whole and for that i am all for..

-kane

Quick Reply: Pro or AM, which are you??