MSR Pro Rapter is the shizzle!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 04:30 PM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MSR Pro Rapter is the shizzle!

Wish I would ve thought about that before I wasted $50. Guess with age comes experience. How is everyone else lovin this piece, I dont get it, its been nothin but trouble since I took it out of the pack. I could stack my stock lever so much easier and put it where I wanted it. gaaaabage, how the hell are yinz gettin the cable in the hole and threaded through the top adjuster? mines too short, or are you gettin diff cables?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:07 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GAMstunts
Wish I would ve thought about that before I wasted $50. Guess with age comes experience. How is everyone else lovin this piece, I dont get it, its been nothin but trouble since I took it out of the pack. I could stack my stock lever so much easier and put it where I wanted it. gaaaabage, how the hell are yinz gettin the cable in the hole and threaded through the top adjuster? mines too short, or are you gettin diff cables?
Put the cable into the hole and adjuster before you mount the perch to the bar.... there's PLENTY of slack in a stock cable.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:40 PM

brockmenold82 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^ +1
Old 02-21-2007, 12:07 PM

I was trying with the perch off the c/o.There wasnt enough in mine. I ended up disconnecting the cable at the bottom hookin up the lever then reconectin at the bottom. Maybe my cables not stock? Anyway its on now, used it last night and I must admit it is easier.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:14 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

until it falls apart....
Old 02-21-2007, 04:07 PM

which by my calculations should be by saturday afternoon, then out comes the welder
Old 02-21-2007, 04:11 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

hahahaha
Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 PM

lamby is an unknown quantity at this point

hey roger. on the f4i there isnt enough room to extend the lever at the bottom. any tips?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:45 PM
also known as OMR

yes there is i think mike m did it on his , i think...

well i don't remember but you could maybe go up at an angle if there isn't enough room to go straight out ....even 10 mm more would make a differance
Old 02-22-2007, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
yes there is i think mike m did it on his , i think...

well i don't remember but you could maybe go up at an angle if there isn't enough room to go straight out ....even 10 mm more would make a differance
hmm i gotta find a welder now, any way you could make one and send me it? :D
Old 02-22-2007, 01:57 PM
also known as OMR

dude if you were close i would say come on over ...

but im not gonna go thru shipping and all that ...
Old 02-22-2007, 02:10 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have pics of the set up? Top and bottom? I am borderline getting one of these and not sure if I should. What about the moose system??
Old 02-22-2007, 02:29 PM
also known as OMR

post #78 is a picture of mine
Old 02-22-2007, 02:35 PM

if the pic is dark turn up the brightness on your monitor......

just cut the lever about an inch from the cable and weld in about 3/4 of an inch of flat steel that is close to the thickness of the lever it self then just grind the weld flat and your done ...

you just want to make the clutch release lever a little longer to increase the leverage
Basically make a longer lever and your set??
Old 02-22-2007, 02:38 PM
also known as OMR

yep...
Old 02-22-2007, 03:03 PM

Thanks!! I will try that first!! I appreciate the help! Wheres some new vid?? I watched the other stuff about a million times!! C'mon already!! LOL
Old 02-22-2007, 03:04 PM
also known as OMR

lozz has some footage i just don't know if it is any thing new or not ...

we will see
Old 02-22-2007, 03:08 PM

alright, i might have to ride down there this summer roger :D
Old 02-24-2007, 10:12 PM

any welders in NY or tri state that can do this also?
Old 03-02-2007, 07:29 PM

brockmenold82 is an unknown quantity at this point

if the pic is dark turn up the brightness on your monitor......

just cut the lever about an inch from the cable and weld in about 3/4 of an inch of flat steel that is close to the thickness of the lever it self then just grind the weld flat and your done ...

you just want to make the clutch release lever a little longer to increase the leverage
Hey roger, I'm no engineer but won't this mod = more "lever travel" up top for the same amount of previous clutch pivot arm travel down bottom, thus affecting clutch plate actuation??? Did I ask that question correctly...lemme know if you don't understand what I'm sayin...like I said I'm no engineer.

Quick Reply: MSR Pro Rapter is the shizzle!