MSR Pro Rapter is the shizzle!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 04:25 PM

addicted2psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MSR Pro Rapter is the shizzle!

ic...didnt know if i should JB Weld that tab in place....and you dont have a problem with it fraying the wire?
Old 02-17-2007, 05:58 PM

brockmenold82 is an unknown quantity at this point

My God DH, will you just ride that ****** thing and shut up!!!

J/K hope the advice helped, told ya that thing would just move around on it's own and be fine...never trust me though do ya...
Old 02-17-2007, 11:54 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

The cause of the fray is normally the adjuster pivot is not aligned with the lever cable setting [this causes the cable to pull at an angle and cause excelerated wear]. The (pivot position) should correspond with the (cable to lever position).
Old 02-18-2007, 03:18 PM

so I threw it on last night and the pull feels damn close to stock. I put it in the farthest hole out (towards the front of the bike) and it felt really hard to pull, so I moved it to the other outside hole, and its easier than it was, but still feels real close to stock pull...

Am i makin some dumbass mistake?
Old 02-18-2007, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by addicted2psi
so I threw it on last night and the pull feels damn close to stock. I put it in the farthest hole out (towards the front of the bike) and it felt really hard to pull, so I moved it to the other outside hole, and its easier than it was, but still feels real close to stock pull...

Am i makin some dumbass mistake?
I think that others will agree when I say that an F4i (especially a new one like yours) doesn't exactly have a "hard pull" to begin with, most of the "pull" comes from external adjustments and also plates and internal stuff like that...that being said, it is not necissarily a mistake just a difference in opinion of which lever and perch to use (stock versus MSR). Just go with it, play with it, and get it to the point that feels most comfortable to you (and you'll have to ride it to get it "just right")...that's what makes what we do easier or harder persay is the comfort level at which you are riding...just my opinion though...
Old 02-18-2007, 06:30 PM

hmmm...it wasnt that hard to pull before with one finger, so maybe i was just expecting too much with the EZ pull...
Old 02-18-2007, 11:23 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another thing to think about is the length of the stock lever will offer more leverage that a short lever raptor even set on a 'easy' setting....
Old 02-18-2007, 11:29 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm...it wasnt that hard to pull before with one finger, so maybe i was just expecting too much with the EZ pull...
You got some issues goin on there... the raptor/moose is WAAAAY easier to pull than a full length stocker. I've got my chopped as short as it will go and it's still much easier than a stocker.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:58 AM

damn, i dont know what the problem is then...
Old 02-19-2007, 01:06 AM

lamby is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone just get the moose ez pull system? howd it compare to the moose lever? im having trouble with mine,
Old 02-19-2007, 09:02 AM

damn, i dont know what the problem is then...
Whatever it is we can fix it... calm your nerves, untwist your panties and wait for a minute...
Old 02-19-2007, 02:04 PM

Charlie636 is a decent person

like brock said it could be a couple different things. it mite just be your cable , adjust it see if that works. if nothing id check internally . or u just got weak *** hands
Old 02-19-2007, 02:25 PM

lamby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charlie636
like brock said it could be a couple different things. it mite just be your cable , adjust it see if that works. if nothing id check internally . or u just got weak *** hands
like my moose is catching at like the last centimeter before i let the clutch go out completely. its weird
Old 02-20-2007, 11:05 AM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got my msr pro yesterday, was totally pumped because ive been having some elbow pain due to riding more than ever and pullin the stock cluch so many times, start to put it on and the first problem is figurin out where to fit it on stock c/o with a flipped gsxr hb. Finally put the stock adjuster on (instead of that huge piece of **** adjuster) then I cannot get the cable into the perch because the actual cable wont come out of the sleeve far enoughto get into the adjuster. Yes i adjusted the cable at the bottom to its furthest position. Ive taken motors out of bikes with less hastle. So tonight I guesss instead of riding Im goin to fu(k around with this piece of **** some more, probably end up takin the whole cable off and breakin this fragile piece of **** in the process. Junk, youd think for $50 you would get somethi n besides pot metal, im afraid to drop the thing because it might shatter. Im givin this thing an hour tonight and after that the stock lever will be back on and I will mail this piece of **** with a letter to msr describing my dissapointment.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:10 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

and so i have been saying from the begining
Old 02-20-2007, 11:13 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

for those who can't do the clutch release lever mod there are in line gear reduced cable type easy pulls but i can't remember who makes them but i would get one of those before i would get the other
Old 02-20-2007, 11:33 AM

Hey Roger, PM me some close up pics and instructions (idiot details included) of said "mod" I wanna See if I can do it on the R1, it looks similar to yours.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:39 AM
also known as OMR

if the pic is dark turn up the brightness on your monitor......

just cut the lever about an inch from the cable and weld in about 3/4 of an inch of flat steel that is close to the thickness of the lever it self then just grind the weld flat and your done ...

you just want to make the clutch release lever a little longer to increase the leverage
Old 02-20-2007, 12:36 PM

Charlie636 is a decent person

does this need to be done roger if your puttin on the raptor ?
Old 02-20-2007, 12:44 PM
also known as OMR

if you do this mod nothing else needs to be done ....

Quick Reply: MSR Pro Rapter is the shizzle!