Charlie_L.929 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MSR Pro Rapter is the shizzle!

i love the pro raptor personally
Old 11-02-2006, 10:11 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
How about this Idea a perch that replaces the end cap/clamp of a radial master cylinder? Kinda hard to explain but basically the perch would replace the master cylinder clamp and you wouldnt have to put them beside eachother.
That way you dont need too much room and can get the clutch and brake real close, and the lever and leverage equal...

VERY good idea.

Probably not all that hard to make either.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:39 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jay Carnes
what is a shizzle?
ITS IN THE SNOOP DICTIONARY IT MEANS ITS THE **** YOU NEED HELP GETTING OUT FROM UNDERNEITH THAT ROCK
Old 11-02-2006, 10:55 AM

moorport is a decent person

Originally Posted by kj954
VERY good idea.

Probably not all that hard to make either.

Ive been thinkin of that one for a while, definetly a tricky little part. I wanted to make a brake master and clutch lever combo setup, one stop shop. Maybe someday, now that I have a setup that works pretty good. I tried puttin in on the computer and it was messin with my mind, LOL.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:16 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by moorport
Ive been thinkin of that one for a while, definetly a tricky little part. I wanted to make a brake master and clutch lever combo setup, one stop shop. Maybe someday, now that I have a setup that works pretty good. I tried puttin in on the computer and it was messin with my mind, LOL.
Ah yes one of the bigget problems in my life turning the ideas in my head into CAD.... Atleast I get to prototype with wood first as I have a CNC router, before I give it to my machinest to make out of metal...Do you ever prototype with plastic so you dont waste aluminum?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:45 AM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
How about this Idea a perch that replaces the end cap/clamp of a radial master cylinder? Kinda hard to explain but basically the perch would replace the master cylinder clamp and you wouldnt have to put them beside eachother.
That way you dont need too much room and can get the clutch and brake real close, and the lever and leverage equal...
Good idea, but I don't think it's necessary. With my setup I can make the hb and clutch levers touch eachother if I want.. I don't know how you guys are breaking the perch clamps.. The only thing I did was strip the threads after awhile on my first one cuz I had the top swivle setting wrong. Are you hitting the lever when you crash and roll ova??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HB1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	183047   Click image for larger version

Name:	HB2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	183048  
Old 11-02-2006, 11:51 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by mikkee
Good idea, but I don't think it's necessary. With my setup I can make the hb and clutch levers touch eachother if I want.. I don't know how you guys are breaking the perch clamps.. The only thing I did was strip the threads after awhile on my first one cuz I had the top swivle setting wrong. Are you hitting the lever when you crash and roll ova??
Nothing is necessary but it would be nice.....I havent broken a MSR perch other than in a crash, but IMO after time they feel like ****. Becasue the soft aluminum warps and wear and you start to get alot of play in the lever, I hate loose levers personally....

Necessary or not I know Id buy one and I think alot of other people would aswell, if Moorport doesnt make them I will.....atleast for myself
Old 11-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Originally Posted by moorport
Do it, I tried to come up with a way to do that a while back too.

I'd buy one :YEAH
Old 11-06-2006, 05:29 PM

OneManArmy is an unknown quantity at this point

MOOREPORT!!!!!! Yeah make that perch, I will definately buy one as will a ton of other people. Get on it.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:05 PM
jmo

jmo is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone need one i have them in stock at my shop Mid CAl Stunt Shop 42.95
pm me or call 530 888 8679
Old 11-06-2006, 06:19 PM

J-Boogie is a decent person

these are great perch and lever set ups, ive been using them for a while the only thing that sucks is after a few weeks of wear and tear from stunting they are so fragile that they start to become harder to pull then anything u have felt.

msr. please make a stronger set up for stunters!!
Old 11-06-2006, 06:25 PM

mikkee is a decent person

[QUOTE=I wanna ride]these are great perch and lever set ups, ive been using them for a while the only thing that sucks is after a few weeks of wear and tear from stunting they are so fragile that they start to become harder to pull then anything u have felt.
QUOTE]

That's not the levers problem. That could either be your clutch plates need to be replaced, or your clutch line isn't adjusted correctly.

Wierd..
Old 11-06-2006, 06:26 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

I feel like my moose will break if I look at it wrong.

I'd gladly buy a higher quality lever that offered the ez pull.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:20 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got an Msr pro cause my moose is shittin the bed.... these are identical levers besides the third hole and the plastic guard that has the logo.

Other than that they definetly came out of the same mold... same size, shape, feel, shitty quality.... so moose probably owns MSR or vice versa.

Mikee...
i broke the perch clamp by over tightening (if ya wanna call it that, my girl coulda broke it just as easy), and the cable adjuster snapped off while adjusting the whole clamp on the bars.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:28 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

i got my msr pro and putting the cable in the the grove that the selector **** (for easy pull pref) broke.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:32 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i just made my clutch release lever a half inch longer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	clutch lever.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	188177  
Old 02-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough

surprised no one has mentioned the fraying of the cable...
Old 02-06-2007, 02:33 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

doesn't happen with my mod
Old 02-06-2007, 02:41 PM

DEBO is a decent person

Does the fraying of the cable occure only on certain bikes?
Old 02-06-2007, 03:03 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

i've been running MSR for 2 years and no frays

Quick Reply: MSR Pro Rapter is the shizzle!