hand brake pics on R6's

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 04:06 PM

NsOaklandR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: hand brake pics on R6's

Originally Posted by SYTFU_R6
god dammit you guys aren't listning to me!!!!
refer to post #11 I said it isn't for me.... I am rockin em better than I was a few days ago, BUT I still aint at that point yet. it is for my friend... he just started scrapein lastnight, and we were already in the works of putting one on. just that when we got to the rear master..... the piece to hook the cable to the master was for a honda. so I was just trying to see the setups, and see what the differences were in the kits.... if any. so refer to post #11 and you will see that I said that.

oh and I aint gonna be puttin a hb on the bike, I wanna try and kill it naturally.... stock bars, inflation, full fairings and barely geared.... I know that will limit most of my moves, but I think it will benefit n
me in the long run.
The friend he's talking about is me. the problem was the HB adapter doesn't fit on 03-06-S masters. there is basically a "plug" type conection instead of that top with the little screw that is connected to the res line but i found out that th 99-02 r6's have the right kind of fitting with the little screw and it looks like it will bolt up to my rearset so i'm going to try that route. for the record i'm steel braided, basically a full throttle adapter, and 03 r6 front master.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:29 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

yo j.... you see the pic in my post #11... that looks like the little fitting is upside down from how we were trying to make it work huh? I wonder if we could just do it like that, screw in the screw.... then jb weld or something like that around it, to make a firm seal.... it think we can do it. lets get started now since we got some light outside now, instead of doing it by benz headlights

oh, and I will be changing the tail out tonight, cause I am gonna blow that bish out!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:36 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ed-o
If your gunna do it, do it right! Brembo radial mount hand break, fullthrottle rear master, Stainless steal lines all around. FUC all the dumb GP Tech shi* it sux! If you cant afford to get the right gear for your bike, then you cant afford to stunt! Cuz this shi* aint cheep!
i disagree with pretty much everything here.
Radial masters aren't inherently better, except they fit better on the clipons on some bikes (f4i w/ stock clipons for one). The most important thing in a master is having a small bore and stroke so that it has good hydrolic leverage.
It makes no difference as to what kind of rear master you use. When using the handbrake, the brake fluid simply flows through whatever whatever you're using for a rear master. This is a no brainer; $35 adapter vs $250+ for a new rear master.
Also stunting CAN be cheap. There's lots of us broke college students who stunt. If you've got a few tools and know how to cut and weld steel, you can easily set up a stunt bike for $350 (for gears, hb, 12bar, cage). Tires can be free, riding spots are free, slow wheelies hardly burn any gas, and then it's just replacing a broken lever or peg now and then.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:38 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by f4rider
Radial masters aren't inherently better, except they fit better on the clipons on some bikes (f4i w/ stock clipons for one). The most important thing in a master is having a small bore and stroke so that it has good hydrolic leverage.
It makes no difference as to what kind of rear master you use. When using the handbrake, the brake fluid simply flows through whatever whatever you're using for a rear master. This is a no brainer; $35 adapter vs $250+ for a new rear master.
Also stunting CAN be cheap. There's lots of us broke college students who stunt. If you've got a few tools and know how to cut and weld steel, you can easily set up a stunt bike for $350 (for gears, hb, 12bar, cage). Tires can be free, riding spots are free, slow wheelies hardly burn any gas, and then it's just replacing a broken lever or peg now and then.
i love when u disagree!!! ur so miticulous!!! :YEAH
Old 10-30-2006, 04:41 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

yo j.... you see the pic in my post #11... that looks like the little fitting is upside down from how we were trying to make it work huh? I wonder if we could just do it like that, screw in the screw.... then jb weld or something like that around it, to make a firm seal.... it think we can do it.
a hose clamp works good for making it seal tight

Last edited by f4rider; 10-30-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:55 PM
AQPWT

aaronwilliams is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ed-o
If your gunna do it, do it right! Brembo radial mount hand break, fullthrottle rear master, Stainless steal lines all around. FUC all the dumb GP Tech shi* it sux! If you cant afford to get the right gear for your bike, then you cant afford to stunt! Cuz this shi* aint cheep!

yea theres a lot of guys not running FTI, for most guys spenting $100 for a line and GP tech is a lot easier than shelling out the cash for full throttle. Then when they get the hang of it and want to upgrade to better equiptment then thats up to them. There are plenty of guys still running gp tech or similar and non radial MCs and STILL killin it. Look at the MC bill includes in his full kit is it radial brembo nope, either way your entitled to your personal preference.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:05 PM

Ed-o is an unknown quantity at this point

lol Hey Im not baggin on anyone by any means, but This shi* makes a big difference. Iv tried all the other applications and this is what I found to work the best. I could write you a novel on why I like a Radial mt better, and how those crappy GPtech adapters leak all over,but thats not my point. If you need, sacrifice the money for the right part the first time, It will more often than not save you money in the long run.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:07 PM

yo j.... you see the pic in my post #11... that looks like the little fitting is upside down from how we were trying to make it work huh? I wonder if we could just do it like that, screw in the screw.... then jb weld or something like that around it, to make a firm seal.... it think we can do it. lets get started now since we got some light outside now, instead of doing it by benz headlights

oh, and I will be changing the tail out tonight, cause I am gonna blow that bish out!
that does look upside down or eithere he has some kinda spacer on there but i can't do what your talkin bout cuz remeber there is no screw. look at your 05 it is just a plastic plug-in fitting. i'm just going to wait and get a 99-02 rear master, i shouldn't have to do anything but bolt it straight up. i gotta wait til thrusday though, bills got my feddy on tha injured list once more. looks like my jobs a wrap too.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:09 PM

a hose clamp works good for making it seal tight

already got my hose clamp. had it ready that night. i might even use 2
Old 10-30-2006, 05:17 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.

Originally Posted by NsOaklandR6

no... remember you was saying that the other rear masters you seen had that screw hole in em.... and the dude with this setup on here is using a honda rear master...

so i wonder if we can make it work with either or.... do they have the rear masters on ebay or craigslist??? we can go grab one tonight for cheap...
Old 10-30-2006, 05:18 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

check the o-ring, all the ones we have are fine w/o any clamps.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:26 PM
AQPWT

Originally Posted by DLish
check the o-ring, all the ones we have are fine w/o any clamps.
word ive never had mine leak with a 16x18 brembo on the F4i, I cant even see it flex when i use all my fingers to pull the HB.

And as for the MC check the one of a R1 i was looking at someones today and it had the screw fitting maybe an older R6 one would but the 05 doesnt have the screw. I just used the F4i MC and the 636 HB MC cus thats what i had kickin around.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:27 PM
AQPWT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-YA...42305060QQrdZ1

IDK if that will fit the R6 rearset looks like it will?
Old 10-30-2006, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by aaronwilliams
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-YA...42305060QQrdZ1

IDK if that will fit the R6 rearset looks like it will?

BINGO!!!
that one right there is perfect.... and they do fit on this model r6

thats what he was thinking about picking up, so that will be applied soon, and we will see what he does with the HB setup!
Old 10-30-2006, 05:32 PM
AQPWT

word....
Old 10-30-2006, 05:44 PM

no... remember you was saying that the other rear masters you seen had that screw hole in em.... and the dude with this setup on here is using a honda rear master...

so i wonder if we can make it work with either or.... do they have the rear masters on ebay or craigslist??? we can go grab one tonight for cheap...

it hs the screw but your supposed to still use a hose clamp cuz the screw usually isnt strong enough to hold it close or something, it is just a precaution too if the screw got loose or ever came out. that would be ugly. nobody local has it, maybe the salvage yards but i'm broke til thursday so iz all bad
Old 10-30-2006, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by aaronwilliams
word ive never had mine leak with a 16x18 brembo on the F4i, I cant even see it flex when i use all my fingers to pull the HB.

And as for the MC check the one of a R1 i was looking at someones today and it had the screw fitting maybe an older R6 one would but the 05 doesnt have the screw. I just used the F4i MC and the 636 HB MC cus thats what i had kickin around.

i already found out this past weekend that a 99-02 r6 rear master should bolt right up and it has the screw and everything
Old 10-30-2006, 05:47 PM

it hs the screw but your supposed to still use a hose clamp cuz the screw usually isnt strong enough to hold it close or something, it is just a precaution too if the screw got loose or ever came out. that would be ugly. nobody local has it, maybe the salvage yards but i'm broke til thursday so iz all bad
well call around and see who has it, i might have some cash layin around
Old 10-30-2006, 05:48 PM

BINGO!!!
that one right there is perfect.... and they do fit on this model r6

thats what he was thinking about picking up, so that will be applied soon, and we will see what he does with the HB setup!

if the r1's will bolt up i'll try it if i can find it. which ever comes first and cheapest 99-02 r6 oe 98-? r1.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:50 PM

well call around and see who has it, i might have some cash layin around
fa shiggadale thas wassup lol

Quick Reply: hand brake pics on R6's