636 SI Cage ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:22 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
636 SI Cage ??

Thinking of getting the SI cage for my 636.
I want to hear some pro's & con's of anyone running them on there 636 compared to other cages.
Does it protect your rearsets??

It looks kind of big &nasty on the website but could just be the picture.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:26 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: 636 SI Cage ??

The ones for the F4I look fuc kin sickl!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 02:43 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Dean Ellis is an unknown quantity at this point

do it!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:32 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

the 05-06 one looks pretty sweet. I wonder if it clears the rearsets? I wonder how well it holds up too, looks pretty strong to me, may have to get one pretty soon :YEAH
Old 10-26-2006, 03:37 PM

Scott982 is a decent person

My friend is sponsered by them and has had one on his 636 forever and it has held up great. I have had one on my f4i for a couple months and its the best cage I have ever had. It takes a beating and still works great, the only thing is that they are kind of big but there not shin killers like 905...
Old 10-26-2006, 03:38 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
The ones for the F4I look fuc kin sickl!!!
I feel the same way their F4i cages look sweet but Im not feeling their 636 cage....I wanted to try a Sic Inov next after seeing the F4i ones but I looked at the 636 pics and I dont think I llike it...
Old 10-26-2006, 04:24 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
I feel the same way their F4i cages look sweet but Im not feeling their 636 cage....I wanted to try a Sic Inov next after seeing the F4i ones but I looked at the 636 pics and I dont think I llike it...
Thay look kind of Brokeback Mountainish don't they
Old 10-26-2006, 05:02 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

mxd is the way to go for 03/04 636
Old 10-27-2006, 09:20 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

really?
Old 10-27-2006, 09:35 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

Thinking of getting the SI cage for my 636.
I want to hear some pro's & con's of anyone running them on there 636 compared to other cages.
Does it protect your rearsets??

It looks kind of big &nasty on the website but could just be the picture.

Honestly i LOVE my FI cage... and the SI is sick too!!!

If your serious about riding the 636, do yourself a favor and get some billet rearsets!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:39 AM

really?
ive seen them all on 636's, 905's bend, powers have a bracket on the bottom that scrapes the floor, FI are known to be weak, SI and MXD are both good, but i think the mxd looks better.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:44 AM

[QUOTE=StreetJurisdiction] FI are known to be weak, QUOTE]

I call BS, i've had the same FI on my 636 for OVER A YEAR!!!!!! lots of crashes, Even pancakes from 12 learing 50/50 circles...

All i have EVER had to do is replace a top motor mount bolt cause it bent some!!!

If it's a hard enough cradh to wreck an FI cage it was hard enough to ruin any of them!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by John LegionST
I call BS, i've had the same FI on my 636 for OVER A YEAR!!!!!! lots of crashes, Even pancakes from 12 learing 50/50 circles...

All i have EVER had to do is replace a top motor mount bolt cause it bent some!!!

If it's a hard enough cradh to wreck an FI cage it was hard enough to ruin any of them!!!
does it protect your levers and rearsets though?
Old 10-27-2006, 10:01 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Your right John, I do need billet rearsets but they are quite abit of $$$$.But I could have bought 10 pairs by now with all the stockers I've replaced.My FI cage has held up really well and I was just thinking of trying something new.I'm just mad at the fi cage for landing on my foot and breaking it.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by StreetJurisdiction
does it protect your levers and rearsets though?

Protects levers GREAT!!!

I have billet rearsets with full pegs that work great too!

I wouldn't trade my FI cage for anything... I love how light it is too, and how when riding you dont even know its there unlike some other shin bashers...

GET AND FI OR SI!!!! Bottom line!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:07 AM

Your right John, I do need billet rearsets but they are quite abit of $$$$.But I could have bought 10 pairs by now with all the stockers I've replaced.My FI cage has held up really well and I was just thinking of trying something new.I'm just mad at the fi cage for landing on my foot and breaking it.

Circumstances... if you had another cage and your foot was 5 inches further forward (or whatever) that cage whould have broken it too...

Crashes happen, injuries happen, cant blame the bike/parts unless its something that is an OBVIOUS design flaw...

EDIT - and your right about the billets being $$$, but they are worth EVERY penny!!! Like you said you've already spent enough in stockers that you could have bought them by now... and dont forget the time it takes to change them and TIME LOST RIDING cause of broken rearsets!!! What if you were at a show?!?!? GET THE BILLETS!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:12 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I know my foot would have been broken no matter what cage was on there.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:12 AM

i have the stock rearsets and have never broken them, probably because i dont have a FI cage
if i was going to buy a new cage for my 636 it would be mxd
Old 10-27-2006, 10:14 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by John LegionST

EDIT - and your right about the billets being $$$, but they are worth EVERY penny!!! Like you said you've already spent enough in stockers that you could have bought them by now... and dont forget the time it takes to change them and TIME LOST RIDING cause of broken rearsets!!! What if you were at a show?!?!? GET THE BILLETS!!!
I'll ziptie them and ride out
Old 10-27-2006, 10:26 AM

Alright, if you two are happy with that so be it...

I know i couldnt have stock rearsets because i would be too scared to drop the bike and therefore too scared to try new tricks........ but that's just my opinion... (oh and i dont care what cage you have, drop it hard enough and stockers break!!! unless you cut down the peg so that you stuntin on nubs!)

Quick Reply: 636 SI Cage ??