Scrapping Your Pipe...! I just did it tonight

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 12:30 AM

NsOaklandR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Scrapping Your Pipe...! I just did it tonight

I'm trippin tonight cuz i scrapped my pipe (full scorpion pipe getting it cut asap) on a slow standup. i i knew i was close but i didn't know i was getting back that far, the **** tripped me out. people there said they say sparks and all. I didn;t slam it, i just set it down light and grazed across the ground for a good 3ft? maybe less.

I thought when you scrape pipe thats it your down... is it somehwat common for what happened to e to happen? it's hell of a mind trip for me i've never scrapped anything let alone my tail pipe. it felt like i had a bar on or sumthin, it was perfectly even straight up and down.

Any scrape pipe stories out there??
Old 10-26-2006, 12:37 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts
Re: Scrapping Your Pipe...! I just did it tonight

Originally Posted by NsOaklandR6
I'm trippin tonight cuz i scrapped my pipe (full scorpion pipe getting it cut asap) on a slow standup. i i knew i was close but i didn't know i was getting back that far, the **** tripped me out. people there said they say sparks and all. I didn;t slam it, i just set it down light and grazed across the ground for a good 3ft? maybe less.

I thought when you scrape pipe thats it your down... is it somehwat common for what happened to e to happen? it's hell of a mind trip for me i've never scrapped anything let alone my tail pipe. it felt like i had a bar on or sumthin, it was perfectly even straight up and down.

dont cut it down, theres no need to scrape unless your doing bar tricks
Old 10-26-2006, 12:41 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I thought instead of cutting my pipe down I would just scrape it till it wore down that far. So I dragged it back and forth across the lot 30 or 40 times, it took maybe a quarter inch off the tip. And a quarter inch is a big estimate there, so I decided I sould take it out on the streets and scrape it in 3rd, figured it would wear down faster. Dragged it down the road for what seemd like miles, checked it again at the next red light, and there was no noticeable difference.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:42 AM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

yea i scrape the stock pipe on the gsxr all the time.. Its tough as ****. Just dont hit it hard.. I hit it hard on a 50-50 and it went to spin me around 180.. Pretty shitty feeling. But if you hit it nice,, its fine.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
yea i scrape the stock pipe on the gsxr all the time.. Its tough as ****. Just dont hit it hard.. I hit it hard on a 50-50 and it went to spin me around 180.. Pretty shitty feeling. But if you hit it nice,, its fine.
+1 my point exactly
Old 10-26-2006, 12:49 AM

damn yall maybe i wont cut it now that see what u guys are saying. i just have to hit it just right and even everytime though. i'll play around with it when i hit the spot again. but for you guyswho have done that and have a 12 bar does it feel better easier to do with that or should i just practice with the pipe? i wasnt even interested in scrapping that much b4 but now i'm like damn i can actuall get down that low and it looks tight at night lol so man i might as well.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:52 AM

damn yall maybe i wont cut it now that see what u guys are saying. i just have to hit it just right and even everytime though. i'll play around with it when i hit the spot again. but for you guyswho have done that and have a 12 bar does it feel better easier to do with that or should i just practice with the pipe? i wasnt even interested in scrapping that much b4 but now i'm like damn i can actuall get down that low and it looks tight at night lol so man i might as well.
bars are out, the only time i hit my bar now is on accident or to impress some chicks <<< but some of them arent even imressed by it
Old 10-26-2006, 12:54 AM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well i was just happy my pipe hit before that minty tail section. Id get a bar on it though if your going to go out and just hit it for the fun of it. It can twist you around if you dont know what your doing, but chances are if you hit it that hard your on your way down anyways. But im hitting it straight up and down,, if your doing circles to the right then cut it,, cuz when you hit mid circle your going for a ride, no questions asked.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by stock05
bars are out, the only time i hit my bar now is on accident or to impress some chicks <<< but some of them arent even imressed by it

yea i heard a while back somebody talkin about bars going out of style or something now but i know as far as to the average person seeing that light show at night wit the bike straight up has a lotta shock value still, part of it is a lot of people think your looping it. i don't know maybe a round bar? (would it stick out far enough?) or i guess if i can get the pipe scrape-n down to a science that would be good enough just don;t wanna end up doing the bottle top spin.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:04 AM

oh and i'm thinking right hand circles are out of the question with a full pipe right? (thats down the road but not that far off)
Old 10-26-2006, 01:11 AM

oh and i'm thinking right hand circles are out of the question with a full pipe right? (thats down the road but not that far off)
i dont know because ive never had a full pipe and just started doing SS circles to the right the other day. i have a round bar and i love it, but i never really use it that much. i plan on taking it off pretty soon, but as soon as all my fairings are painted, im putting it back on to protect my tail.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by stock05
i dont know because ive never had a full pipe and just started doing SS circles to the right the other day. i have a round bar and i love it, but i never really use it that much. i plan on taking it off pretty soon, but as soon as all my fairings are painted, im putting it back on to protect my tail.

are those the first circles uve done? for some reason thats the way i want to start them (ss). i'm just now getting geared up hopefully this weekend and i got everything i need for my hand brake setup but a brake line. you know anybody with a extra one?
Old 10-26-2006, 01:30 AM

are those the first circles uve done? for some reason thats the way i want to start them (ss). i'm just now getting geared up hopefully this weekend and i got everything i need for my hand brake setup but a brake line. you know anybody with a extra one?
go to your local harley/chopper shop and get one 48" or longer
Old 10-26-2006, 01:37 AM

cool lol that was my next move tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:19 AM

187mustang is an unknown quantity at this point

I scraped the pipe and it spun me around and I ate **** and slid a long way down the road. Becareful Id much rather scrape a bar than the pipe.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:10 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

i blasted the tailsection on some dudes brand new (at the time) '05 GSXR 600 in front of a bike shop here in vegas..

he asked me to do it.. didnt think i could.. lol

-kane
Old 10-26-2006, 03:51 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
i blasted the tailsection on some dudes brand new (at the time) '05 GSXR 600 in front of a bike shop here in vegas..

-kane

Didn't you just blast the tail section off your own bike doing one of those extreme stunts you call, "trying to get out of a driveway"
Old 10-26-2006, 03:51 AM

justin75south is an unknown quantity at this point

when you're done scraping it that way ... then go and do like i did, flip the can upside down for a lil while, scrape it to a kinda point

... then start scrapin down the sides

Name:  IMG_3312Medium.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  38.0 KB

... pretty soon ill have something to stab thru my leg if im not careful.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:00 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kaneone

-kane
That guy is an idiot lol.. Probably so he could pose and act like he could 12 and stuff LOL
Old 10-26-2006, 04:03 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

hahaha, jonna... you got some ideas now????

the video is up on myspace

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1339401445

Quick Reply: Scrapping Your Pipe...! I just did it tonight