Whats your "Weird Injury"

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 03:44 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats your "Weird Injury"

i was just lookin at a thread and it got me wondering.... what are some weird injuries you have gotten from riding/stunting.... or even an accident where you shoulda got injured but walked away w/ nothing or close to it....

mine was an incident where i was riding in late summer and the road i was on was really hot and somehow instead of makin the road sticky it made it REALLY slippery.... i had been doin a sitdown for about 5-6 blocks at 45-50mph and a damn suburban pulled from the turn lane 2 lanes over into mine ... so like a retard i set it down AS i applied the front brake and as soon as the front tire hit the ground i washed out ... i landed on my shoulderblade and slid on my back head first for a WAYS and got up with NO rash on my back at ALL and i was just wearin a t-shirt... just scraped my elbow and forearm!:YEAH .... oh and the damn suburban NEVER even pulled over... just kept goin... either never saw me or was like oh fawk im outa here

theres my story, whats yours?!?!?
Old 10-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: Whats your "Weird Injury"

i had some water in my gas tank from a rain storm, did'nt really know until the bike shut off on me during a stand-up no hander wheelie going prolly 10-15mph. Thats fast as hell for the bike to shut off while standing on it with no hands. Bike dropped and my arms planted into the bars, bent my right thumb back too far. X-rays of my thumb show instead of my ligament tearing, a piece of my thumb broke off where the ligament attaches to the thumb so now they have to put a screw in my thumb next monday. wtf?????
Old 10-23-2006, 04:11 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I will refrain from commenting on the thumb

I have titanium plates and screws in my neck. And donor bone.

And no I didn't get the bone from Kane...
Old 10-23-2006, 04:11 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Armenian
i had some water in my gas tank from a rain storm, did'nt really know until the bike shut off on me during a stand-up no hander wheelie going prolly 10-15mph. Thats fast as hell for the bike to shut off while standing on it with no hands. Bike dropped and my arms planted into the bars, bent my right thumb back too far. X-rays of my thumb show instead of my ligament tearing, a piece of my thumb broke off where the ligament attaches to the thumb so now they have to put a screw in my thumb next monday. wtf?????
ow, i dont have any weird injuries yet, but my inner right calf has been burnt in the same spot like 4 or 5 times now from the muffler. the 636 muffler gets ungodly hot.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:18 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

I know a guy here w. 1 ball bigger than the other.... rear ended a car.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:25 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I now a guy who dented his tank with his junk. Stuff was definitely not the same for him for a while...
Old 10-23-2006, 04:44 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Ran off the road by a drunk driver into a parked car at 55+, got shot off my bike into a helicopter type spin about 15ft in the air, and had well ova 100ft of airtime from where my bike was to where I landed. It was kinda fun actually! I remember seeing my headlight at least 5 times before I hit the ground. First thing to hit the ground was the tops of my feet, to my knees, and lastly face plant on the jaw of my helmet.

Injuries - fractured right foot, and left hand, slightly torn LCL, and only a little rash on my knees..I was only wearing longsleve tshirt, jeans, gloves helmet. With my daily milk drinkin and a little luck that's all that happened! :YEAH
Old 10-23-2006, 04:46 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

This weekend, i was riding just slow stuff,(still learnin) and my foot slipped off the left peg, obviously my right followed. I held onto the bike as it was still up at bp, (no not intentional, fckin weird) anyway, It pulled me and I wasnt ready I ended up pulling my two calf muscles and my groin. Im walkin like a fckn moron today

Ive seen so many people pop it up and then chase and jump on...how the fck???
Old 10-23-2006, 04:59 PM

<birdman> is an unknown quantity at this point

t-boned a car at 50+ all i got was a very small crack in left wrist :YEAH
Old 10-23-2006, 05:29 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by <birdman>
t-boned a car at 50+ all i got was a very small crack in left wrist :YEAH
at 50+?

I t-boned a car at about 20-25, broke my knee in 3 places, tore my PCL, and the bike was pretty much totaled.. bent frame, bent subframe, bent forks, both clip-on's snapped, all plastics shattered..
Old 10-23-2006, 05:46 PM

SlitZ is a decent person

broken jaw/missing teeth and i landed on my back.... i think
Old 10-23-2006, 06:02 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Towlieee
at 50+?

I t-boned a car at about 20-25, broke my knee in 3 places, tore my PCL, and the bike was pretty much totaled.. bent frame, bent subframe, bent forks, both clip-on's snapped, all plastics shattered..
i tore my pcl 2 years ago! never got it "fixed" and i fckin hate it caus i every now and then i pull the **** out of at the spot.... i have surgery on in here in a few weeks.... did you get yours scoped or did you rehab it.. and if you have surgery does it ever bother you stuntin
Old 10-23-2006, 06:19 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mikeith
i tore my pcl 2 years ago! never got it "fixed" and i fckin hate it caus i every now and then i pull the **** out of at the spot.... i have surgery on in here in a few weeks.... did you get yours scoped or did you rehab it.. and if you have surgery does it ever bother you stuntin
My doctor thinks it only tore it like halfway, and said it should recover.

AFter 2 months of no weight or movment, he tried pulling on my knee in some weird ways.. And said I was good to walk and start rehab

did rehab for like 3 weeks and they released me...

I occasionally have a little knee pain, buti ts weird.. It never really hurts to walk on it, or jump on it, but when weights NOT on it, it aches a little..

I got this nasty creeking sound that comes from my knee when I stand up
Old 10-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

thats me on the end 2 biffs. make sure you turn the volume up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFhcPsm3qjk

the last one i feel like i shouldve gotten hurt but i didnt.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vetter
thats me on the end 2 biffs. make sure you turn the volume up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFhcPsm3qjk

the last one i feel like i shouldve gotten hurt but i didnt.
That last one looks like a little throttle stickage, easy on the gas buddy..
Old 10-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikkee
That last one looks like a little throttle stickage, easy on the gas buddy..

what can i say, im a throttle junkie!

nah the cables got messed up went it fell when i got those wobbles. i didnt check it. thats from like april when i first started tryin to be a supastunta
Old 10-23-2006, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vetter
what can i say, im a throttle junkie!

nah the cables got messed up went it fell when i got those wobbles. i didnt check it. thats from like april when i first started tryin to be a supastunta
Awesome! ha ha.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:02 PM

JustinRR is an unknown quantity at this point

i bought some wammyhawks and those things drift like no other which leads to yesterday it started getting away from me and i chopped the throttle... worst high side ive ever had... well not really a big injury just broke my collarbone