DBs and Dampers

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:11 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
DBs and Dampers

How are you guys with DBs running dampers? I was told you can get a top mount style and that works good with little modding. I have a Scotts and I'd rather not invest another 400 in a damper plus I'd probably have to get the risers to accomodate and those aren't cheap either. Any info is appreciated..Thanks
Old 10-16-2006, 08:13 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DBs and Dampers

your all about the bandwagons huh??

first you want an F4i... now u want db bars
Old 10-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Nah I'm all about doing what I want to do lol..I'm not gettin an F4i only reason why I wanted an F4i cause the frame is more durable..focker
Old 10-16-2006, 08:18 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
Nah I'm all about doing what I want to do lol..I'm not gettin an F4i only reason why I wanted an F4i cause the frame is more durable..focker
hahaha... just renforce the frame on the 636.......

then give it to me!!!!!

god i miss my 636
Old 10-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Brap

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
hahaha... just renforce the frame on the 636.......

then give it to me!!!!!

god i miss my 636
Yeah that's what I'mgoing to do. I'm just weighing my options to use Dbs to alleviate some stress on my wrists and such.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:22 AM

Lunchbox- is an unknown quantity at this point

BIG RISERS IT WHAT EVERYONE IS USING OR CHECK WWW.FULLTHROTTLEINC.COM
Old 10-16-2006, 08:39 AM

Bobby@BullyDog is an unknown quantity at this point

yea im fixing to put DB bars on my bike..and i have the scotts and am just like you..dont wanna spend any more money on another damper
i just ordered some tag risers...if they dont fit im just gonna add some washers till they do lo
Old 10-16-2006, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by 03fat1000
BIG RISERS IT WHAT EVERYONE IS USING OR CHECK WWW.FULLTHROTTLEINC.COM
HAHAH..click your link bro..too damn funny..I LIKE GOLD!!!!!!

its .net btw
Old 10-16-2006, 10:06 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by BobbyL

its .net btw
thats a sick lookin lever tho
Old 10-16-2006, 10:09 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

yea im fixing to put DB bars on my bike..and i have the scotts and am just like you..dont wanna spend any more money on another damper
i just ordered some tag risers...if they dont fit im just gonna add some washers till they do lo

That's not going to work... you would need about 1-2 inches of washers under each riser... not going to happen, even if it WOULD bolt up like that, your just asking for it to break... you need riser blocks... call HAI, they know what you need
Old 10-16-2006, 10:10 AM

Lunchbox- is an unknown quantity at this point

its .net btw

WRONG WEBBSITE
SORRY
Old 10-16-2006, 10:18 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

It would be cool if you could move the bars forward instead of up.
I think im gonna work on that later. I have a nice scotts that just sits on a shelf too.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Brap

Originally Posted by John LegionST
That's not going to work... you would need about 1-2 inches of washers under each riser... not going to happen, even if it WOULD bolt up like that, your just asking for it to break... you need riser blocks... call HAI, they know what you need
Yeah going to
Old 10-16-2006, 11:37 AM

kona dawg can only hope to improve

I called full throttle and he said he had made some mounts and riseres for the dampner but he said it looked silly as hell-I saw a brochure at my buddies house that had the whole set up(dampner, db bars, and risers) it looked expensive as hell and i already have the gpr and didn't want to buy another one so i didn't even inquire-if anyone is interested i can call him and find out where u get them
Old 10-17-2006, 06:02 AM
Brap

Old 10-17-2006, 07:13 AM

ill have my tag risers here in a few days..i guess when i get them ill be able to figure out how im gonna make em work with my damper
i have some nice aluminum spacers to use if need be
my buddy has a 929 with db bars and a scotts damper...he just shaved off part of the bottom of the bars to make his fit..maybe i can get some pics of it
Old 10-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Brap

Yeah that's be cool man but I'd be worried about snappin the bars after shaving it down....
Old 10-17-2006, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
Yeah that's be cool man but I'd be worried about snappin the bars after shaving it down....
dont wreck....simple lol
Old 10-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Brap

dont wreck....simple lol
Eh I just drop it alot..
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 AM

your not the only one
i havent dropped mine since i put my nice pretty tank on
but thats cause i havent been trying circles...everytime i practice circles i drop it and usually dent the side of the tank in..and i really dont wanna do that

Quick Reply: DBs and Dampers