xdl and other comp scoring

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 05:25 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point
xdl and other comp scoring

well i did not make it but i have been hearing some things about the way riders were scored. i was wondering are alll competiters going to be scored on how there bikes look. i can understand the bikes having to be safe but come on. i herd dan herz put out a flawless run but did not even qulifie because his bike look like crap (no offence dan). im sorry but dan rids his freaking *** off to get good thats why his bike dose not look so good. i only used dan as a exsample. my thoughts are like this. yes nascars are always fresh so are mx bikes but those drivers\riders get paid big bucks and have$1000000 sposers. we dont have all of that some of us are lucky to get a free new tire. why put so much on the competiters some simply can only aford to buy a ragid stunt bike. if from now on comps are going to be scored on how your bike looks it needs to be said before hand to be fair. are points going to be deducted for riders with db bars vers full fairings. just some thoughts not starting beef.

Last edited by hyperryder; 10-14-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:13 PM

YOGURT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: xdl and other comp scoring

Looks are a personal opinion. Not fact.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:00 PM

celf4i is a jewel in the roughcelf4i is a jewel in the roughcelf4i is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by hyperryder
well i did not make it ........ just some thoughts not starting beef.
i dint make it either.......... and neither did alot of people..... my power wheelies **** and bar tricks are gay.... im a squid
Old 10-14-2006, 07:01 PM

celf4i is a jewel in the roughcelf4i is a jewel in the roughcelf4i is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by YOGURT
Looks are a personal opinion. Not fact.
show me your boobies
Old 10-14-2006, 07:10 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

FYI It was said before hand and it was fair everyone knew the rules way ahead of time, they were the same rules used in phoenix.. and I also presented each rider with a package when they arrived, again reminding them of the rules

dan herz had a great run on a shitty bike...he got a 23 for overall

5 other riders had great looking bikes (way better than dans) and got within 1 point of 23's in overall because thier runs were lacking... now you do the math...
10th place was 65, dan got a 62... in addition to the fact that he could have had a better overall, dan missed 6 possible points in the variation category

here is the direct quote from the judging criteria

4. Over All Performance, This is worth 0-40 points total. Overall takes
in all aspects of the performance and includes, The riders appearance, the motorcycles appearance, the fluidity of the run and tricks, how well they
play to the judges and the crowd. Great showmanship is a bonus

josh borne made his bike look good and did a great run and came in 5th...he is basically an unknown rider, so it doent have anything to do with being well known either
Old 10-14-2006, 07:13 PM

bornie is fathering my children................ but seriously let me qualifiy in vegas since im going anyway and ill take podium
Old 10-14-2006, 07:26 PM

and the point of the whole thing is to make everyone step thier game up... I have totally stepped up the level of treatment and respect for the riders... now I expect the riders to step up and help me put on a better show for the crowds and the guy who is providing all the free entries, free food and drinks and ultimately signing the checks after the event

that includes having nice looking and safe machinery
Old 10-14-2006, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
and the point of the whole thing is to make everyone step thier game up... I have totally stepped up the level of treatment and respect for the riders... now I expect the riders to step up and help me put on a better show for the crowds and the guy who is providing all the free entries, free food and drinks and ultimately signing the checks after the event

i love you.....
Old 10-14-2006, 07:53 PM

FARMER BOYZ is a decent person

[QUEOTE]josh borne made his bike look good and did a great run and came in 5th...he is basically an unknown rider, so it doent have anything to do with being well known either..
WE know Josh Borne and He is a really cool kid my 2 sons really dig him ..
They get to ride with him FORD,CRITICAL MASS,AND THE MICHIGAN FACTION tomorrow
in FLINT MI... should be a lot of fun...
Old 10-14-2006, 07:54 PM

Schooler is a decent person

ITS A GLAMMA STUNTA COMPETITION dont you guys get it...
Old 10-14-2006, 07:55 PM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

for some reason or another i kinda like the idea of the riders bike having to look good.....im not saying something like D's bikes but something clean looking and well put together.....whats it take to strip a bike down and rattle can it black or what ever color you want....? it really takes nothing but an hour of your time and $20....one of my boys painted his bike with a couple of cans and wet sanded it and let it dry and it looks just as good as if it was done at a shop and it only costed him $20 to do it.....then again i always like the way a beat up stunt bike looked, it made it diffrent.....
Old 10-15-2006, 12:01 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

i fully agree. im just asking is now a criteria to be blinged out. i always have a sweet looking bike. but i also see tons of grate riders wih messed up bikes, i beleve as well its good for the sport to have a good looking bike it show a professional view.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I think peeps should have a set of comp plastics for comps and practice stuff
Old 10-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Does it' have to be really nice paint or just fresh paint? Like rattle can jobs cause i know alot of dudes don't have paint sponsors like some guys do
Old 10-15-2006, 12:45 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

im trying to understand how a BIKEs apearence has anything to do with stunt riding ....i think its trying to incorperate show bikes and stuntbikes.....thats like having AMA racing with scores for apearence....i think it is an insult to stunt riding, even thought i want a pretty bike
Old 10-15-2006, 12:56 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thomas, (MAD PROPS) it was an exceptional comp and the judging was excellent (NO COMPLAINTS)....See u in Vegas.

later bro:YEAH
Old 10-15-2006, 01:52 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

People want to see nice bikes. The crowds are the people we have to have in order for our sport to go big. It's called professionalism. "Keep up with the times or get left behind". I like those rules!

PawPaw
Old 10-15-2006, 02:06 PM

see any half *** shitty looking bikes on the ama starting grid???

then you just answered your own question
Old 10-15-2006, 03:08 PM

322efonic is an unknown quantity at this point

this whole hing is gay get a ****ing life and get over your glamour bikes ****
Old 10-15-2006, 03:30 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

INSAIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 322efonic
this whole hing is gay get a ****ing life and get over your glamour bikes ****

very mature........Small minded people not able to think outside the box.

Keep up the good work Thomas........I love the fact people are going to ave to step up if this is sport is going to have a chance........Presentation is on par with actual performance as far as marketing goes. People need to start realizing companies and other investment groups care about appearance and how someone can become marketable.

Good job an those who are doing....not hating!

Quick Reply: xdl and other comp scoring