Old 10-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Regular StuntLifer

nsaneobsession is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: xdl and other comp scoring

Originally Posted by Kaneone
silver spoon in my mouth? my last name aint kashabi
lol

-kane
im getting sick and tired of you lying on this site about Darius everytime i turn around .you need to get your fu(king facts straight for real

his spoon was gold
Old 10-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Paw Paw
...."Christ allmighty...It's like I'm playing cards with my brothers kids" ..."You nerve rackin sonsof*****es" lol Tell me what movie that's from, kids?
what did the 5 fingers say to the face?
Old 10-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Paw Paw
I understand what your saying but comp or not, you still have to draw spectators
to be better than another rider, i don't agree. like i've been saying, i've always thought comps where just for that....see how you rank..
...and spectators like nice bikes.lol All this has been said in this thread 50 times. But, the old and wise PawPaw has a remedy for the situation.....We'll let Thomas run the XDL and all you fellas can have your own comp. Then, we'll compare which one was more succesfull. If you guys kickass at yours, then we'll all start riding POS bikes again! :YEAH

who is "you fellas"???

i think it's just me
Old 10-19-2006, 11:23 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

A competition can't afford payouts without crowds. Sponsors aren't going to be interested if there's no crowd. It's quite a bit about the spectators.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:30 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

163 posts is way to many to filter thru............read alot of em though.......Teach's and Legion's are the best so far. Read INTO them and see that even if its a comp, we NEED spectators and their MONEY in order to get bigger sponsors and more recognition. If the spectators like cleaner bikes then thats what they deserve to get.

Showing on a ratty bike makes you look like an amateur(I got 2 ratty bikes right now so I'm not seperated from that!), and if you look like an amateur and you're competing against "pros" then you SHOULD be scored accordingly.

Maybe there needs to be amateur and pro classes at all comps or have pro comps only and amateur comps only.......seperates the people who don't want to put the time and the money into getting their bikes ready for a comp!
Old 10-20-2006, 06:18 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

OMG....this is getting old. I'm glad we have the correct people in the right positions doing what they can to better the sport. Thank you Thomas, Teach, Kane, Bill, Clem, John, Darius, E-dub, all the O-town homies and all the rest that are making the sport look presentable for mainstream. For all the rest, stay in you local lots and make one trip a year to stuntwars to show off how you learned a SS to spreader combo on your pos ratty assed bike.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:18 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

We're trying to get comps incorporated into more venues other than Stuntwars and unless we look professional and presentable to the general public no venue will ever want us to attend. It wasn't huge bonus points or huge scoring points to have your bike looking nice, it was only a build up of the overall score. This is for XDL and XDL alone. The rules were laid out many weeks prior and that is what everyone had to prepare for.

I really don't understand all the whiney BS crap. I don't get free bikes and tons of free parts from huge sponsors. I am a nobody that came from nowhere and I still made my bike look damn good. I got two free tires, and a set of brake pads from Honda East and some other parts at cost. The rest I paid for outta pocket with a few hook ups from my friends. I'm not well off, I have my bills to pay and **** to deal with and I was still able to do it....why can't you???
Old 10-20-2006, 06:23 AM

Oh yea, this isn't freaken racing so don't compare it to racing. Its not about an elapsed time and where you cross a checkered flag. Its freestyle and its all based on how you look. Your scored on flow of tricks, excecution of tricks, difficutly of tricks....why shouldn't you be judged on how well you present yourself and your bike to the crowd? We're essentially there to entertain them first....they are the ones who indirectly pay us. If they don't care to watch, we don't get payouts.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:20 AM

POS...

Old 10-20-2006, 07:22 AM

Little better....

Old 10-20-2006, 07:27 AM

A few hundred bucks later and I have this now.....

Trust me, sponsors care about how they are represented.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:52 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
163 posts is way to many to filter thru............read alot of em though.......Teach's and Legion's are the best so far. Read INTO them and see that even if its a comp, we NEED spectators and their MONEY in order to get bigger sponsors and more recognition. If the spectators like cleaner bikes then thats what they deserve to get.

Thanks EAZE!!! WOW, a whole page of good posts! all with something good to say and good advice... Even Pete, he's the only one arguing the other point but at least he's doing it with a head on his shoulders and trying to make VALID points (even though he's still fighting the losing battle )
Old 10-20-2006, 08:21 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by timex
stay in you local lots and make one trip a year to stuntwars to show off how you learned a SS to spreader combo on your pos ratty assed bike.
hey d1ck i was excited
Old 10-20-2006, 08:35 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scott3824
hey d1ck i was excited
Old 10-20-2006, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by scott3824
hey d1ck i was excited

Shut up, you know I'm not talking to you. Circles tonight biotch.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:49 PM

carm3twenty2 is a decent person

let me start by saying, my spelling sucks, so bear w/me on this. 1, on behalf of my boy dherz,who is very much like a son to me, has no complaint on his scores at xdl, for he feels that some of the drama here is on his bike or some things that people may have said that he said and bla bla bla,what ever!!!dan went to xdl w/100% poss additude,and knew his bike was not clean at all. so that was a great learning experiane for him. dan will be back next year and knows what he needs to do. so on that note bury the hatchet on that!!
#2 to thomas, mad props, for always going out of the way for this sport and people in it.he's been in this game from the start,most people don't know that about u bro.once again my hat go's off to u .
#3 as for the bling bling bike thing,i dont think it should matter in a comp,my
#4 listen to teach the man knows what he's talkin about, thats y he's the # 1 stunner.if you read his posts and jonh legion's you'll under stand this hole thread.there's other people on there 2 that get it,but them 2 some it up rite on the money.
any way i know i prob dont make any cents couse i lost my train of thought.but lets put it all behind us and move forward,for there is nothing we can do about the past. but we can better the future... so stop the hate and move on. lots of love,carm
Old 10-20-2006, 04:55 PM

PETe P is a decent person

Originally Posted by John LegionST
Thanks EAZE!!! WOW, a whole page of good posts! all with something good to say and good advice... Even Pete, he's the only one arguing the other point but at least he's doing it with a head on his shoulders and trying to make VALID points (even though he's still fighting the losing battle )
what pete?
Old 10-20-2006, 04:56 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dr.Spot
what pete?
little pete is who John was referring to
Old 10-20-2006, 04:57 PM

PETe P is a decent person

Originally Posted by timex
A few hundred bucks later and I have this now.....

Trust me, sponsors care about how they are represented.
that bike was really gay....who was that guy?
Old 10-21-2006, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dr.Spot
that bike was really gay....who was that guy?

....some squid I think. Who let that guy into XDL anyway....I hear he has kelm slides on lock.

Quick Reply: xdl and other comp scoring