xdl and other comp scoring

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough
Re: xdl and other comp scoring

Originally Posted by timex
This thread started off pretty good when there were logical business minded people involved, now its just getting gay and over ran with bullshit. Like I said before, if we want to go anywhere we need to start somewhere. This is the beginning that we need to start from. Its not going to happen over night either. Its going to take time and effort from riders across the board. People b-itching like this is why the sport still hasn't hit mainstream yet. We need to look good while performing. We need to keep our bikes looking good if we want to get sponsorships. Do you really think any major corporation will want to sponsor some trashy, ratty assed bike that looks like it just came from the junk pile? Hell no, they want to be represented in clean fashion that will get them sales. If you have a clean bike for shows and comps you're more likely to get attention from photographers, videographers and the crowd in general. In other words, you get more exposure making companies want to sponsor you. The big dogs didn't get the sponsorship, then the nice pretty bikes. They kept their **** clean, showed companies their stuff, then got sponsored.....not the other way around.

exactly, the pretty bikers will get the media attention.

but for a compitetion, a pretty biek doesn't mean anything if you cannot ride it, but if you CAN ride a shitty bike, then it's something. atleast IMHO.

again, glamma stuntas will get the attention, the poeple with the skill will get the trophies, and sometimes both.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by timex
....and a rider that doesn't put all his time, money and effort into practicing and making his bike look presentable does not get those fancy factory sponsorships.

but he SHOULD be given a fair chance at a competition.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
if you are unwilling to take an hour of your time and 20 bucks of your money to simply clean up your bike and appearance, then you dont deserve to be even invited to these comps. we MUST impress everyone who watches us, everytime, bc you never know who is watching
if your doing a show, i'd say correct.

however, if your at a comp to compete, rather than try to make a living, an hour a 20 bucks could be spent on parts you need.

...so right now, appearance means a lot. anyone who has doubts should talk to foto, john from socal rpm or aarron frank from ssb...crappy looking bike = no pics. plain and simple.
exactly media attention. which has NOTHING to do with the skill of the rider.

competitions should be just that, a competition of skill, not a popularity contest, leave that for TV and magazines.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:57 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

INSAIN is an unknown quantity at this point

really....who can't afford 20.00 bux for rattle cans......knowing dates for comps almost two months beforehand

sounds like excuses, not reasonable debate.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:04 PM

pbrchick is an unknown quantity at this point

i got llbean shoes on, tight jeans, beat helmet, etc....but i do what i can to clean it up: honda polish, stickers over the bigger scratches, new shoelaces, etc, etc.
Your llbean shoes are pretty gay

new shoelaces - ain't cuttin it!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:26 PM

PETe P is a decent person

Originally Posted by INSAIN
really....who can't afford 20.00 bux for rattle cans......knowing dates for comps almost two months beforehand

sounds like excuses, not reasonable debate.
your right

john from legion had a nice lookin rattle can job.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:45 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I think that the style of bike should be taken into concideration but by no means should you get points just for having one or the other. If two people jump to highchair one will full fairing and one without well odvioulsy the full fairing should score higher, but by no means start off with i higher score just because of the bike he was on. Why do you see darius doing highchair circles on his streetfightered f4i but not his mint 1000rr ? Plain and simple, why would you wreck a clean bike when you can be riding something you don't care about and can smash without worrying.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
if your doing a show, i'd say correct.

however, if your at a comp to compete, rather than try to make a living, an hour a 20 bucks could be spent on parts you need.

exactly media attention. which has NOTHING to do with the skill of the rider.

competitions should be just that, a competition of skill, not a popularity contest, leave that for TV and magazines.
you make valid points, but in our sport we are still young enough that skill alone will not get us to the next level...we must look appealing to corporate as well. your argument about the hour and 20 bucks sounds pretty rediculous though. like i said before, overall includes presentation, presentation includes looks, looks includes how clean your bike is.

the point with this aspect of the rule book is to make sure everyone has safe, clean, and corporate aproved (for lack of a better term) motorcycles. you dont get more or less points because your bike has chrome rims and a custom paint job and mine is spray painted. you do however earn less points if your bike is ratty and looks like a peice of isht because your bike looking like a rat trap affects the overall quality and professionalism of your presentation, which affects your overall score.

it has NOTHING to do with money or looking better than the next guy. it has EVERYTHING to do with putting forth a professional image for corporate so we can grow our baby of a sport. so, maybe in five years when there has been a sanctioning body and a bunch of us have hit it big, then presentation wont include appearance; but right now, presentation does include appearance bc we need to be professional. if you cant act like a pro, then dont try and be one. and acting like one includes having your isht together, in all manners...thats why it affects your scoring...sorry, ate some pizza, ran into a wall here.

but anyways, you get my drift.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:22 PM

Schooler is a decent person

haha teach and gundams are battling with words of intelligence
Old 10-19-2006, 06:39 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by Schooler
haha teach and gundams are battling with words of intelligence

and teach is winning hands down... wasnt ever really a fair fight in my eyes
(nothing against you pete but you're fighting a losing battle)

PLEASE everyone go re-read Teach's last post... if you dont get it after reading that you just never will... guess i wont be seeing you at other invite events... have fun in your lots on your ugly bikes...

all the "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH" in this thread is GREAT!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

ate some pizza, ran into a wall here.

Think im going to go have some pizza right now...

-kane
Old 10-19-2006, 08:26 PM

322efonic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John LegionST

PLEASE everyone go re-read Teach's last post... if you dont get it after reading that you just never will... guess i wont be seeing you at other invite events... have fun in your lots on your ugly bikes...

all the "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH" in this thread is GREAT!!!
bro you need to chill teach is the only one that has made good points about any of it yet there is just a lot of pros and cons about it right now i havent heard anything good from you except you talking siht about raty looking bikes i see the point teach is talking about i still just dont see how hugely it affects scores in a comp there are a lot of rules in a comp that are all over the place and i havent really been to one yet that completely follows the xbsa (or whatever they are) rules yet and this time came on the bikes the comp before was the shitty choices of judges that pick there boys to win
Old 10-19-2006, 09:03 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by 322efonic
bro you need to chill teach is the only one that has made good points about any of it yet there is just a lot of pros and cons about it right now i havent heard anything good from you except you talking siht about raty looking bikes i see the point teach is talking about i still just dont see how hugely it affects scores in a comp there are a lot of rules in a comp that are all over the place and i havent really been to one yet that completely follows the xbsa (or whatever they are) rules yet and this time came on the bikes the comp before was the shitty choices of judges that pick there boys to win

HAHAHA... i need to chill??? you guys are the ones beating the dead horse!

Oh and...

I like these rules, they force us ALL to be more professional. Like Thomas said, he's stepped these comps up in the way we get treated/payouts/etc, time for us to step it up for him so that he can continue to push forward!

If you dont care, great, stunt for yourself but stop complaining... if you DO CARE about how you place at these comps, step up! simple as that! Oh and dont cry that "you dant have a paint sponsor", $40 in kyrlon and an afternoon and you'll be fine!

That's a quote from post #36 in this thread where i make some good points...

I also quoted Thomas in post #89 and said good point and that everyone should take notes!

I also said on this page that Teach summed it up perfectly... sorry im not RE-itterating the points, im merely quoting the people that HAVE good points!

WE (as a community, meaning everyone at big comps) need to look professional in order to keep the size of these events on the rise! Sh!tty bikes make us look like amatuers. If its put into the rules that bikes must look good to help your OVERALL score, then it's there for a reason, to force us to look professional, unless you want to keep losing points or maybe not even get invited back!!! your call...

Like i said, if after 8 pages and all the good points from MANY people, if you guys dont get it i dont think you ever will...
Old 10-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Don't read this.

you make valid points, but in our sport we are still young enough that skill alone will not get us to the next level...we must look
appealing to corporate as well.
an hour and 20 bucks looks appealing to corporate america?

the point with this aspect of the rule book is to make sure everyone has safe, clean, and corporate aproved (for lack of a better term) motorcycles.
well here's the thing. if i'm not mistaken, XDL is a comp, not an exibition session or a show.

true, a nicer bike is more photogenic than a shitty one, but my whole point is, it's a competition, not a show.

you dont get more or less points because your bike has chrome rims and a custom paint job and mine is spray painted. you do however earn less points if your bike is ratty and looks like a peice of isht because your bike looking like a rat trap affects the overall quality and professionalism of your presentation, which affects your overall score.
i'm a firm beleiver in a good rider will make any bike look good.

anyone remember zoltan? you guys remember the bike he rode?

the lil 50cc two smoker from like the year 9? even with that tacky *** bike he was busting no handed circles like nothing and could keep his crowd going.

it has NOTHING to do with money or looking better than the next guy.
i disagree, as you are judged also on how you interact with the crowd, the better looking bike will always attract more attention (just as it should, although i don't think it should warrant more or less points, just more or less attention)

it has EVERYTHING to do with putting forth a professional image for corporate so we can grow our baby of a sport.
here's where i think we're getting a little ahead of ourselfes. agreed it's very important to keep a professional image for an potential sponsers, but you must remember if home depot wants to plaster thier name all over your bike, they are going to want something in return, and as of right now, no stunt rider sees the number of poeple a nascar driver sees.

so, maybe in five years when there has been a sanctioning body and a bunch of us have hit it big, then presentation wont include appearance; but right now, presentation does include appearance bc we need to be professional.
agreed, to get sponsers you need to put forth a professional appearance, but like i said it's not a show or exibition session right? a competition correct?

if you cant act like a pro, then dont try and be one.
here's the thing, is the line for "pro" drawn at number of sponsers or how hard your trying to get them?

or is it based on skill?
Old 10-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Don't read this.

well yeah the majority's prolly not with me but w/e, i still think a competition should be judged souly on how you compete, not how you look.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Don't read this.

professional in order to keep the size of these events on the rise! Sh!tty bikes make us look like amatuers.

when it comes to major coporate or factory sponserships, aren't we?
Old 10-19-2006, 09:33 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

Petey, I like you and all but here's how it is......Show or comp...it's still a show! If your claiming to be a pro...why wouldn't you want to ride a nice bike? Why wouldn't you want to look sharp for the crowd? ...and if your not claiming to be a pro....then just ride for fun and be happy. There are a lot of people that are trying to get our sport into the mainstream. Come on over, junior. Get on the winning team. Be one of the good guys in the white hats! ...or just stay behind the keyboard and talk crap. lol
Old 10-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by Paw Paw
Petey, I like you and all but here's how it is......Show or comp...it's still a show! If your claiming to be a pro...why wouldn't you want to ride a nice bike? Why wouldn't you want to look sharp for the crowd? ...and if your not claiming to be a pro....then just ride for fun and be happy. There are a lot of people that are trying to get our sport into the mainstream. Come on over, junior. Get on the winning team. Be one of the good guys in the white hats! ...or just stay behind the keyboard and talk crap. lol

like i was saying, the riders with minty bikes will get the attention for it.

even if they don't score well, they will get the attention from the crowd for it.

i don't think looks should be a factor in judging tho, i feel judging should be done as if you watched the rider ride in a bigass white room.

scored souly on how they performed thier tricks/routine.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
like i was saying, the riders with minty bikes will get the attention for it.

even if they don't score well, they will get the attention from the crowd for it.

i don't think looks should be a factor in judging tho, i feel judging should be done as if you watched the rider ride in a bigass white room.

scored souly on how they performed thier tricks/routine.
I understand what your saying but comp or not, you still have to draw spectators...and spectators like nice bikes.lol All this has been said in this thread 50 times. But, the old and wise PawPaw has a remedy for the situation.....We'll let Thomas run the XDL and all you fellas can have your own comp. Then, we'll compare which one was more succesfull. If you guys kickass at yours, then we'll all start riding POS bikes again! :YEAH
Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 PM

...."Christ allmighty...It's like I'm playing cards with my brothers kids" ..."You nerve rackin sonsof*****es" lol Tell me what movie that's from, kids?

Quick Reply: xdl and other comp scoring