Kaneone is a decent person
Re: xdl and other comp scoring

here's a ladle.. so u can eat my ***...

Old 10-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
see any half *** shitty looking bikes on the ama starting grid???

then you just answered your own question
are those bikes factory sponsered?

do the riders own those bikes?

do you know what a rider's own track bike looks like?

dumbest idea ever....

how bout we start giving riders who ride 1000's extra points for throttle control? and 600cc bikes get 100 feet longer approach than 1000's for stoppies?

while we are at it....no tail scrapes, burnouts, all bikes must be street lega, and if you drop your bike you are eliminated completely from the comp.

since when is stunt riding about how much money you have to put into your bike???
Old 10-18-2006, 11:59 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Old 10-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Regular StuntLifer

nsaneobsession is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
here's a ladle.. so u can eat my ***...

i always heard you where born with a silver spoon up your ***................oh i mean in your mouth
Old 10-19-2006, 12:22 AM

celgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud of

hatehatehate
Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2006, 12:30 AM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by celgsxr
hatehatehate

have some resssspect buck naaaasty! one of these men could be your great grand fathaa!

"ha! i'd neva go out like that"

Old 10-19-2006, 03:59 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by nsaneobsession
i always heard you where born with a silver spoon up your ***................oh i mean in your mouth
silver spoon in my mouth? my last name aint kashabi
lol

-kane
Old 10-19-2006, 07:21 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete

dumbest idea ever....

how bout we start giving riders who ride 1000's extra points for throttle control? and 600cc bikes get 100 feet longer approach than 1000's for stoppies?

while we are at it....no tail scrapes, burnouts, all bikes must be street lega, and if you drop your bike you are eliminated completely from the comp.

since when is stunt riding about how much money you have to put into your bike???
There are probably more privateers on the grid than factory guys in any given AMA race. Privateers normally have nominal sponsorships, getting parts, or maybe tires or whatever from shops and companies, but don't take it to mean they are all rich and don't do anything but ride in circles. The privateers are paying to race, the purse for 10th is $500. With around 12 factory guys on the grid, the odds aren't good for th4e privateers, their bikes aren't as good. But they know enough to know people are going to see them, and they keep their bikes looking good. At least from a distance.

Stunting isn't about how clean your bike looks, but to deny it is even worthwhile criteria to award points to shows a lack of forward thinking. Competitors are basically the ambassadors of the sport, they are performing not just for the judges, but for the crowd, for potential sponsors and media.

Making a good impression is not ill advised. For those who feel this is a sell out, they don't have to compete. If you want to compete, you don't have to like the rules. Just know if you choose not to follow them, you're not going to win.

Last edited by excessa; 10-19-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by excessa
There are probably more privateers on the grid than factory guys in any given AMA race. Privateers normally have nominal sponsorships, getting parts, or maybe tires or whatever from shops and companies, but don't take it to mean they are all rich and don't do anything but ride in circles. The privateers are paying to race, the purse for 10th is $500. With around 12 factory guys on the grid, the odds aren't good for th4e privateers, their bikes aren't as good. But they know enough to know people are going to see them, and they keep their bikes looking good. At least from a distance.

Stunting isn't about how clean your bike looks, but to deny it is even worthwhile criteria to award points to shows a lack of forward thinking. Competitors are basically the ambassadors of the sport, they are performing not just for the judges, but for the crowd, for potential sponsors and media.

Making a good impression is not ill advised. For those who feel this is a sell out, they don't have to compete. If you want to compete, you don't have to like the rules. Just know if you choose not to follow them, you're not going to win.
i agree with yap yap!!

-kane
Old 10-19-2006, 07:39 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

This thread started off pretty good when there were logical business minded people involved, now its just getting gay and over ran with bullshit. Like I said before, if we want to go anywhere we need to start somewhere. This is the beginning that we need to start from. Its not going to happen over night either. Its going to take time and effort from riders across the board. People b-itching like this is why the sport still hasn't hit mainstream yet. We need to look good while performing. We need to keep our bikes looking good if we want to get sponsorships. Do you really think any major corporation will want to sponsor some trashy, ratty assed bike that looks like it just came from the junk pile? Hell no, they want to be represented in clean fashion that will get them sales. If you have a clean bike for shows and comps you're more likely to get attention from photographers, videographers and the crowd in general. In other words, you get more exposure making companies want to sponsor you. The big dogs didn't get the sponsorship, then the nice pretty bikes. They kept their **** clean, showed companies their stuff, then got sponsored.....not the other way around.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:53 AM

PETe P is a decent person

Originally Posted by timex
This thread started off pretty good when there were logical business minded people involved, now its just getting gay and over ran with bullshit. Like I said before, if we want to go anywhere we need to start somewhere. This is the beginning that we need to start from. Its not going to happen over night either. Its going to take time and effort from riders across the board. People b-itching like this is why the sport still hasn't hit mainstream yet. We need to look good while performing. We need to keep our bikes looking good if we want to get sponsorships. Do you really think any major corporation will want to sponsor some trashy, ratty assed bike that looks like it just came from the junk pile? Hell no, they want to be represented in clean fashion that will get them sales. If you have a clean bike for shows and comps you're more likely to get attention from photographers, videographers and the crowd in general. In other words, you get more exposure making companies want to sponsor you. The big dogs didn't get the sponsorship, then the nice pretty bikes. They kept their **** clean, showed companies their stuff, then got sponsored.....not the other way around.
+99999999999999999999
Old 10-19-2006, 07:54 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kaneone
i agree with yap yap!!

-kane
Hello Kettle? I have a Mr. Pot on line one for you.

Wait, nevermind, I'll handle the pot from my end.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:03 PM

322efonic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete

dumbest idea ever....

at least some people have some common sense in this thread:YEAH
Old 10-19-2006, 12:09 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 322efonic
at least some people have some common sense in this thread:YEAH
....and a rider that doesn't put all his time, money and effort into practicing and making his bike look presentable does not get those fancy factory sponsorships.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:11 PM

You guys are comparing an upcoming sport with well established one. They can not be compared. If there was an established stunt riding market that was widely accepted by corporate america then you could base judging soley on rider performace no matter what he/she was riding. We need to build the stunt comunity as well as the riders/tricks in it.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:18 PM

322efonic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by timex
You guys are comparing an upcoming sport with well established one. They can not be compared. If there was an established stunt riding market that was widely accepted by corporate america then you could base judging soley on rider performace no matter what he/she was riding. We need to build the stunt comunity as well as the riders/tricks in it.
not at all thesse are two totally different things i am agreeing with the second part of his statement if you guys wanna be sponsored all the power to you you can go ride when someone tells you that you have to i will ride when i feel like it but when it comes to a comp if you are there cause of your sponsers or if you are there cause you made the money to do it your self why should the kid who was giving a free ride get more points then the kid who has to do it himself and is a better rider then you
Old 10-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

if you are unwilling to take an hour of your time and 20 bucks of your money to simply clean up your bike and appearance, then you dont deserve to be even invited to these comps. we MUST impress everyone who watches us, everytime, bc you never know who is watching...so right now, appearance means a lot. anyone who has doubts should talk to foto, john from socal rpm or aarron frank from ssb...crappy looking bike = no pics. plain and simple.

it isnt about being bling...if you saw my bike up close in Fresno, you would laugh: broken frame, bent fairing stay, scratched plastics, dented rims, i got llbean shoes on, tight jeans, beat helmet, etc....but i do what i can to clean it up: honda polish, stickers over the bigger scratches, new shoelaces, etc, etc.

it isnt hard. people are taking the look thing too seriously. if you dont like the rules, dont play the game bc the people who make the rules have been in the game for a loooong time.

i agree that looks shouldnt be a specific category, but it SHOULD be included in overall since overall includes the OVERALL run including difficulty, execution, variety, flow, transitions, appearance, energy, excitement, crowd participation, etc.

quit beating a dead horse...you could have hand polished your rims, frame, and swingarm by now!!

criminy, i aint rocket sciencE!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 322efonic
not at all thesse are two totally different things i am agreeing with the second part of his statement if you guys wanna be sponsored all the power to you you can go ride when someone tells you that you have to i will ride when i feel like it but when it comes to a comp if you are there cause of your sponsers or if you are there cause you made the money to do it your self why should the kid who was giving a free ride get more points then the kid who has to do it himself and is a better rider then you

not to be a ****, especially bc you are from CT, but put periods in your sentences so i can read it.

the kid who is getting a free ride (me) is not getting any more points than the kid who does it himself (dherz) unless the kid who does it himself does it half assed. we have been telling dherz to clean his isht up for more than a minute. my paint job at xdl was all black and took about 2 hours to do. i had it sprayed in my garage and threw a quick clear coat over it. i go tmy stickers for free, but they probably cost under 30 bucks to do. my bike looks clean and minty even though the paint job sucks and the sticker job sucks (the ones i did, not the ones john legion did lol)...been the same beatup paint all year too. dan didnt even have a tail section on his bike. it was dirty. it looked like ***. i love dan and he is going to succeed, but sometimes it is the fine print that bites you in the ***

my philosophy on bike looks: good from far, far from good. it needs to be a 50 footer. up close, my bike looks like it has been ridden hard...take five steps away and it looks like i spent a lot of time and money on it.

waaaaaaaapaaaaaaaaaa!
much love
Old 10-19-2006, 12:46 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

INSAIN is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what you call a FrEE LESSON!

Old 10-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by excessa

they keep them lookin nice for a reason.

there is no mandate, you do not lose seconds off your lap times for a shitty looking bike.

they let your game speak.

judge based on skill, and the guys with the pretty bikes will get the media attention, while the riders with the skill and ability get the trophies

Quick Reply: xdl and other comp scoring