xdl and other comp scoring

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:52 AM

John LegionST is a decent person
Re: xdl and other comp scoring

Originally Posted by hyperryder
good one i agree. oh ya howed you do at xdl man i forgot to ask you.

Qualied 5th on friday with a solid run.

Tweaked my run a little and Had a better (as far as fluididity and tricks) run on sunday BUT crashed and ended up 7th place (i think). Im still happy with that and cant wait for vegas!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MannyFresh954
na, i saw the pics and teach was rocking the jacket.....hey if you want you can pass a new or old jacket this way, mine got jacked and dont have the cash to buy one of those new astar jackets, lol....

PS. STONE WASHED JEANS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!

man, i love that a stars jacket! been wearing it non stop. i am officially retiring the LL Bean stunt shoes and just for you D i'm gonna go buy a pair of $100 baggy jeans and wear them from now!

don't be hatin on my bent billed hat, hiking gear, and scratched up helment - that **** is classic Maine style!!!:YEAH
Old 10-16-2006, 11:42 AM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
man, i love that a stars jacket! been wearing it non stop. i am officially retiring the LL Bean stunt shoes and just for you D i'm gonna go buy a pair of $100 baggy jeans and wear them from now!

don't be hatin on my bent billed hat, hiking gear, and scratched up helment - that **** is classic Maine style!!!:YEAH

haaaaa, the stone washed jeans were ment tord D, lol....i made a thread with D wearing some tight *** jeans with the pegged bottoms, lol....
Old 10-16-2006, 11:43 AM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171092

there ya go teach!!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 12:01 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by John LegionST
+1

you guys need to stop crying! If you stunt for the love of the sport and dont care how your bike looks, GREAT for you, stay home in your parking lot and be #1 hometown stunner!

BUT, if you want to come to big comps and do well, STEP UP and make yourself look good. (This is NOT aimed at dan herz, he hasnt even posting in here yet i dont think, its aimed at all the cry babies whinig about having to make their bikes look decent if they want to compete in the nations top stunt comps)

I like these rules, they force us ALL to be more professional. Like Thomas said, he's stepped these comps up in the way we get treated/payouts/etc, time for us to step it up for him so that he can continue to push forward!

If you dont care, great, stunt for yourself but stop complaining... if you DO CARE about how you place at these comps, step up! simple as that! Oh and dont cry that "you dant have a paint sponsor", $40 in kyrlon and an afternoon and you'll be fine!
Exactly.

Well worded John.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Paw Paw
People want to see nice bikes. The crowds are the people we have to have in order for our sport to go big. It's called professionalism. "Keep up with the times or get left behind". I like those rules!

PawPaw

2nd that post

I hear it at show, comps where ever you go.

"Well, if my bike looked like that, I'd do that stuff too."

Crowds see a shitty bike and automatically don't care if it gets into a wreck. Big deal, it was already f'ed up in the first place. Now on the other hand, if you have a pretty bike, they cringe whenever they see it hit the pavement. Some how having a pretty bike increases the level of danger or something.

I've had a shitty bike and now I have pretty glama bike. Hate on it all you want, but riders with "pretty" bikes get much more respect from crowds and in the end thats who we're trying to please.

Great event Thomas and don't let anyone tell you different, same goes for the judges too. Talked to as many competeing riders as I could and from everyone I talked to everyone had a great time and agreed with the judging 100%. I think we're headed in the right direction with the right people out in front. Lets just keep getting "more better" and there's no way they can keep us out of the spotlight.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6

Just return your bean shoes for another set

Warranty for life :YEAH
Old 10-16-2006, 12:15 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by John LegionST
+1

you guys need to stop crying! If you stunt for the love of the sport and dont care how your bike looks, GREAT for you, stay home in your parking lot and be #1 hometown stunner!

BUT, if you want to come to big comps and do well, STEP UP and make yourself look good. (This is NOT aimed at dan herz, he hasnt even posting in here yet i dont think, its aimed at all the cry babies whinig about having to make their bikes look decent if they want to compete in the nations top stunt comps)

I like these rules, they force us ALL to be more professional. Like Thomas said, he's stepped these comps up in the way we get treated/payouts/etc, time for us to step it up for him so that he can continue to push forward!

If you dont care, great, stunt for yourself but stop complaining... if you DO CARE about how you place at these comps, step up! simple as that! Oh and dont cry that "you dant have a paint sponsor", $40 in kyrlon and an afternoon and you'll be fine!

+1000000000000000
Old 10-16-2006, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by timex
2nd that post

I hear it at show, comps where ever you go.

"Well, if my bike looked like that, I'd do that stuff too."

Crowds see a shitty bike and automatically don't care if it gets into a wreck. Big deal, it was already f'ed up in the first place. Now on the other hand, if you have a pretty bike, they cringe whenever they see it hit the pavement. Some how having a pretty bike increases the level of danger or something.

I've had a shitty bike and now I have pretty glama bike. Hate on it all you want, but riders with "pretty" bikes get much more respect from crowds and in the end thats who we're trying to please.

Great event Thomas and don't let anyone tell you different, same goes for the judges too. Talked to as many competeing riders as I could and from everyone I talked to everyone had a great time and agreed with the judging 100%. I think we're headed in the right direction with the right people out in front. Lets just keep getting "more better" and there's no way they can keep us out of the spotlight.

+10000000000000000000000000000000 (i had to outdo you, lol)

but all of that is SO true! I've been doing a lot fo shows for hte past 3 years and it's funny how that is really true! I know it sucks for people that are lazy and dont want to keep their bikes nice, but that is what has to happen!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 12:35 PM

I love how people say "This isn't the same as AMA, Nascar or FMX"......where the hell do you think they all came from? Do you think they've always had huge sponsorships? Nascar back in the day was your "stock car" and it evolved into what we have today. Damn people, we've gotta start somewhere if we ever wanna get anywhere.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:41 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by timex
I love how people say "This isn't the same as AMA, Nascar or FMX"......where the hell do you think they all came from? Do you think they've always had huge sponsorships? Nascar back in the day was your "stock car" and it evolved into what we have today. Damn people, we've gotta start somewhere if we ever wanna get anywhere.

yep ... and if you dont wanna get anywhere and only ride "for the love" then there is nothing wrong with that, you simply don't need to voice your opinion when the concentration is about the aspects that concern getting somewhere.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:53 PM

pbrchick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
and the point of the whole thing is to make everyone step thier game up... I have totally stepped up the level of treatment and respect for the riders... now I expect the riders to step up and help me put on a better show for the crowds and the guy who is providing all the free entries, free food and drinks and ultimately signing the checks after the event

that includes having nice looking and safe machinery
I am so proud of you Thomas - you are my hero (other than Rick of course)
First off I want to say as an outsiders point of view (some of you may not think it matters) but I have been watching this sport for over 5 years now and being on my end - I think it makes a HUGE difference to have a good looking bike - to the fans and to the sponsors. This sport is finally starting to go somewhere - it's time to be professional and take it seriously. You're competing for a $4000 top prize - that's the real deal so I don't think it's too much to ask to have you're bike tight. It doesn't mean chromed out / candy paint job... it just means make it look good. Have decent plastics w/ a decent paint job. The better your bike looks, the better you look. I totally agree with encouraging the riders to step it up. Thomas you have done an awesome job at doing your part and getting the competitions on the right track. I went to XDL last weekend and even I felt like royalty - it's so awesome to be able to support my boyfriend and not have to pay $20 a day entry fee. I attended another major competition this weekend and it didn't even come close to comparing to the XDL show last weekend. I just wanted to take a second and give Thomas major props for actually treating the riders how they deserve to be treated, because without them there wouldn't even be a show... but some event holders lose track of that thought when there is money involved - major kudos to you and all of the sponsors of the XDL show!!!!!

Last edited by pbrchick; 10-16-2006 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:05 PM
ROSS

$ROSS$ is a decent person

It aint true.My **** always looks tight and i didnt qualify.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:23 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

So does this mean db bars are out? FF bikes will score higher than sf?

I agree with the concept, but I also agree that there needs to be a set standard. Everyone has used examples of outside sports ie, nascar, db racing, they all have the same guidelines for inspections and expectations. So if that is the future, than make is a standard across the board.

Criteria should be universal wether you are at Stuntfest, Stunwars, XDL or wherever.

* Something else to throw out there...coud the best stunter of the day, with a flawless run, getting a perfect score on everything still lose the comp because his bike is ratty??*
Old 10-16-2006, 02:25 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, Congrats to John Legion and Borne, good to hear you guys did so well! Wish I couldve been there!!! :YEAH
Old 10-16-2006, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tiretrauma
Oh, Congrats to John Legion and Borne, good to hear you guys did so well! Wish I couldve been there!!! :YEAH

Thanks bro!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:29 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

* Something else to throw out there...coud the best stunter of the day, with a flawless run, getting a perfect score on everything still lose the comp because his bike is ratty??*

I'd say ...yeah. If you know the rules going in and know that's how it's gonna be judged...then yeah, You don't deserve to win cause you didn't obey the guidelines that were set in advance. Now, if you didn't know on the other hand or they tried to spring it on you at the end..I'd call bullshit.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:41 PM

Thanks holmes...
Old 10-16-2006, 03:03 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

ITs not that hard to get your bike into a "presentable form"

I'm a college student and I'm still finding a way to get my stuff looking good.

With your cage....#1 Have one! #2 Touch it up once in awhile(touch up paint from 10' will work fine, even with powdercoat)!

I think looking professional when you ride like one is the difference! Ride like a pro on a ratted out bike with parts falling off all the time is impressive, but riding like a pro on a bike that has at least somewhat clean fairings (FF or SF, even if its just a tail, tank, and front fender) looks better every time! Now its being scored that way.

How much smoother is a person on a bike where the mechanics are up to par? A frayed clutch cable leads to a crash and a messed up run if it snaps. Brake pads almost gone and they squeek and annoy the crowd, and probably the judges.......and everyone at the lot if thats all you wanna do. A bent subrframe or poorly mounted 12 bar doesn't work well if you have bar-tricks in your run.

In most cases all you gotta do is learn to turn a wrench and your bike can look fine! I was at the "Brother Clem's" house before Josh left......he used his brothers paintgun and got the job done....noone did it for him...he placed(of course his riding may have had a lil to do with it to! ) Plus he had a new 12 bar on and we messed with it for about an hour to make sure he could use it, he got everything working before he left....I'm sure a couple others coulda put a lil time into their bikes, and I haven't been to a comp yet, but the norm seem to be this:

Day 1: Show Up
Night 1: Smoke alot of pot and drink alot of beer
Day 2:Qualify for the events with a hangover
Night 2:Smoke alot of pot and drink alot of beer
Day3: Try to compete with a hangover.
Night3/Day4: Try to drive home with a worse hangover!

You can tell me if the above is the wrong assumption!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:43 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

So does this mean db bars are out? FF bikes will score higher than sf?
No, it just has to flow and look nice. And out of 100 possible points I think it's 5 that can help/hurt you for how your bike looks. Trust me, from a fan of rat bikes I don't like it, but its a great idea and I've been working on a bike for next season just for events.

Quick Reply: xdl and other comp scoring