f4i problems??????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 01:06 PM

JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i problems??????????

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
low post count means you're a squid and can't ride
no offense but low counts might mean he's out practicing instead of sitting behind a computer talking about how good he is...

had to stick up for the low count guys
Old 10-13-2006, 01:31 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

The guy that wrote that review needs a goldwing... He's complaining about the seat on an f4i.... how about a 600rr.. We don't ride these bikes cause there comfortable.. There sportbikes.. need to tell him to go buy a cruiser!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:58 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
The guy that wrote that review needs a goldwing... He's complaining about the seat on an f4i.... how about a 600rr.. We don't ride these bikes cause there comfortable.. There sportbikes.. need to tell him to go buy a cruiser!

that review was rediculous...

Starting & Primary system- Plagued by a random starting problem, this thing is far from reliable. If shut off for a minute after being ridden for 1/2 hour, at random times the engine won't turn over when the starter button is stabbed.
I hope the idiot remembered to PULL IN THE CLUTCH or PUT IT IN NEUTRAL

Clutch- Grabby and hard to engage smoothly when cold,
sounds like a shitty rider who dosen't know how to properly operate a clutch. I taught 2 different GIRLS to ride on my f4i! and they did damn good.

Ignition/tank key- The key doesn't glide smoothly into the lock(s). It must be forced, and at one time the key got stuck 1/2 way in. I was fortunate it didn't break off in the ignition cylinder. It did get bent, though.
He uses enough force to BEND a key when he inserts it in the ignition? WOW hold on there incredible hulk. Don't just jam the ****er in there crooked, stick it into the MIDDLE of the ignition, and it slides right in. If I jam my car key into my car sideways, IT DOSNET GO IN EITHER

Wind protection- There might as well not be a windshield. It's just front-end jewelry as far as effectiveness goes. I'm only 5'4", but I still get blasted by the stream flowing over the clear plastic while riding upright. I ride even in the rain, and just can't wait to get pelted by the pellets that will be forced into my face shield by the stock windshield. There is little thought given to placement of the mirrors either. Most other bikes nowadays have mirrors placed such that the rider actually sees something besides the crotch of his/her elbows, and they double as protectors at speed from wind hitting the riders hands. Not so for the F4i!! Stick-em on anywhere, Keoki-san!
Its not a goldwing... You dont sit straight up if your wanting to tuck for speed, thats the idea of tucking, to TUCK! I ride in the rain also, WITHOUT a windshield, street fightered, and I get around just fine. And when I did have full fairings, with 1" shorter then stock mirrors, my mirrors worked fine.. Maybe he needs to AIM them

Other- As if we didn't NEED to see the speedometer, the clutch cable is routed directly through the middle of the digital speedo line-of-sight. When tucked in behind the windshield, you can't see if you're going 70 or 78. Big difference, especially to a CHP officer!
Who the **** tucks in behind the windshield at 70mph? Oh ya goldwing riders

Shifting- 2002, and still no PNF? I guess the new designers weren't born when the Positive Neutral Finder system was invented. Clunky! You bet! Smooth shifting is only a dream with the F4i. Then, you awake to the nightmare of shifts that make adjacent car-drivers start at you and the loud clunk-noise. The only smooth shift is from neutral to 1st when cold. After that, it's Hammer-Time!
Ok has this guy even rode a f4i??? He sayts it ONLY smooth from neutral to 1st while cold?? hahahahhaha Thats the roughest shift there is on a f4i.. Bike warming up at 2-3k rpm, you shift, CLUNK.. but shifting between gears while riding is smooth as butter on my 23k mile f4i...

I'v came to the conclusion that guy has either never rode or been around a F4i, or rode goldwings/harleys his whole life and this was his first sport bike.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chrome02r1
no offense but low counts might mean he's out practicing instead of sitting behind a computer talking about how good he is...
no your wrong..... low post count= squid -it's a proven fact.

just look at crtchrktrcr is is a stunt god!!!!!! just look at his throttle control in his avatar...
Old 10-13-2006, 07:16 PM

JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=ezec1000]no your wrong..... low post count= squid -it's a proven fact.

fu(k!!! now I understand I'm selling my bikes and buying a laptop...I can practice I meant post everywhere...

your right...high posts + creative avatar = sick stunter
Old 10-14-2006, 02:01 AM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezec1000
no your wrong..... low post count= squid -it's a proven fact.

just look at crtchrktrcr is is a stunt god!!!!!! just look at his throttle control in his avatar...
um ok?

just means im not on the computer all the time...
ill make an avatar of me stuntin would that actually make a difference?
no i still have a low post count...
but that doesnt mean i cant stunt
Old 10-14-2006, 03:07 AM

colombiancapone is an unknown quantity at this point

i have low post and no avatar! i can stunt damn good for my time.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:08 AM

NINE_hundo is an unknown quantity at this point

you know what, you already commited to the f4i so ill save you from making a huge mistake. pm me and ill trade you straight over f4i for my 98'900. its a better more reliable and comfortable bike. ill even drive out to where ever you are and do the swap. hell ill even let you keep the plastics from the f4i for ebay. 900 way better to hold pizzas on anyways
Old 10-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Magnificent Ruffian

Joeyblitz is an unknown quantity at this point

here's the kawi I'm trading for the honda. I never even rode it exept down my street once.738 miles,minty. I will have my honda before next friday fo shure!!!! I'm wiggin!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	zzr6.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	181872