What's the best handbrake to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 10:35 PM

Vern is an unknown quantity at this point
What's the best handbrake to buy?

What's the best handbrake to buy? What brand or website link?
Old 10-05-2006, 10:42 PM

moorport is a decent person
Re: What's the best handbrake to buy?

Originally Posted by Vern
What's the best handbrake to buy? What brand or website link?

Full throttle setup hands down. I had a GP tech style adater on my bike, rode 3 bikes that had full throttle setup, then got on the phone and ordered one for me and tossed the adapter in the recycle bin.

www.fullthrottleinc.net

Worth every penny!!!! I was a skeptic at first because I could not understand why passing fluid through an adapter or through his master would make a difference, then I called Bill and he broke down the engineering knowledge on me about the rigidity of his setup and how the adapter can flex because it is held on with one bolt, and how he has the bore tephlon plated for better wear resistance and lubricity. But I felt the difference, now I am a believer, LOL. Hit him up!

Last edited by moorport; 10-05-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:54 PM

Vern is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks man.. that site is kinda under construction but i found them on "uponone.com" and the back master cyc. is replaced by the one they give u by the looks of the picture. Does that it still allow for the stock rear foot break to be mounted to that? or do u run a second caliper... just a little unclear.. i have a left sided brembo break / clutch lever running mine with a t connector and it sucks *** i can't get enough break out of it to actually trust it.

Jody
Old 10-05-2006, 11:18 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

if i could get the full throttles fast,, id have one,, m f4 had one and yea by far they are the best.. However the front brake you use really is what makes the difference.. Get a radial brake off a new gsxr or the 1000rr and your going to be really happy.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:58 AM

OLIVER is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a sweet brembo master for sale hit me up if your interested
Old 10-06-2006, 01:23 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by OLIVER
i got a sweet brembo master for sale hit me up if your interested

You still got that thing??

IM me
Old 10-06-2006, 01:40 AM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

handbrakes are gay
Old 10-06-2006, 01:48 AM

OLIVER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
You still got that thing??

IM me
pm'ed ya dawggy
Old 10-06-2006, 03:28 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Vern
Does that it still allow for the stock rear foot break to be mounted to that?
Jody
WIth my kawi I had to grind down the holder then held the rear brake light sensor thing to get it to fit.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:03 AM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: What's the best handbrake to buy?

Originally Posted by moorport
Full throttle setup hands down. I had a GP tech style adater on my bike, rode 3 bikes that had full throttle setup, then got on the phone and ordered one for me and tossed the adapter in the recycle bin.

www.fullthrottleinc.net

Worth every penny!!!! I was a skeptic at first because I could not understand why passing fluid through an adapter or through his master would make a difference, then I called Bill and he broke down the engineering knowledge on me about the rigidity of his setup and how the adapter can flex because it is held on with one bolt, and how he has the bore tephlon plated for better wear resistance and lubricity. But I felt the difference, now I am a believer, LOL. Hit him up!

I agree 110%! The Fullthrottleinc.net handbrake is the best handbrake out there by far. No leaks and expanding like the adapter kits. It is a handbrake that you can rely on 100% of the time. when it comes to hydraulics and brake systems Bill knows what he is talking about. He has deffiantly ingeenered a handbrake masterpiece.

-Aaron
Old 10-06-2006, 08:19 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
However the front brake you use really is what makes the difference.. Get a radial brake off a new gsxr or the 1000rr and your going to be really happy.
+1

If you have a good hand master, the rest of the system hardly matters.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:35 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeM
+1

If you have a good hand master, the rest of the system hardly matters.
Hey man you still using that master I made for you a while back?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:38 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Hey man you still using that master I made for you a while back?
thats currently in impound, but I will be using it again.. one day
Old 10-06-2006, 08:42 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

I agree with the master being the main factor. I rode a bike with the full throttle (not that it isn't a nice rear M/C or anything) with an older honda upper m/c, then mine with the GP adapter and a new gsxr master and mine was better. WAY BETTER FEEL.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:29 PM

thats currently in impound, but I will be using it again.. one day
hahahaha i feel your pain man.

If full throttle kits came with a radial brake it would be the best thing ever created, but it comes with some gay hydrolic clutch.. So switch that up for a 1000rr and you have the best setup money can buy.

Last edited by SCOTT_Chychul; 10-06-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:31 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
hahahaha i feel your pain man.
when they took it, i was actually thinking "man i feel like that guy scott from canada" no joke. ur the king of impounds
Old 10-06-2006, 12:38 PM

lildub0312 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i pieced together a hb setup with the footbreak adapter and radial master on my 636... i havent grinded the tabs down yet but i know you need to hardcore....hey disturbed6r , what did you use to grind it down and where at exactly... i want to grind that crap off so i can make it fit but i dont want to damage my radial hb that i bought.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:18 PM

-RYNO is an unknown quantity at this point

depends how much of a budget your on........to make the adapter not flex slap a hose clamp on it and it wont go anywhere.i built my setup for 60 bucks plus a pre radial gix front master.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:22 PM

when they took it, i was actually thinking "man i feel like that guy scott from canada" no joke. ur the king of impounds
Yea they dont play around up here. Im off the streets here untill i move. Sucks when they know you that well. Hopefully you get it out soon before the chain rusts solid. And dont forget to get the pool of water off the top of the gas tank before you jump to speader. lol.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by on1furlyfe
depends how much of a budget your on........to make the adapter not flex slap a hose clamp on it and it wont go anywhere.i built my setup for 60 bucks plus a pre radial gix front master.
Well like i said before if full throttle was easier for me to get my hands on with shipping and boarders id spend the money for the sake of supporting the sport. So im not going to tell you how to get the same setup that would cost you all of 22 dollars in parts and labour.

Quick Reply: What's the best handbrake to buy?