Wheelie gearing question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 09:45 PM

cjmaurine is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Wheelie gearing question?

Hi my name is CJ Maurine and I have a 1994 CBR 600 F2. I am just learning to stunt. Today I bought front and rear sprockets and a 520 chain conversion! I told the guy that I wanted to be able to wheelie easily at aporx 75 with my bike. He told me with going -1 front sprocket and +6 in the rear my bike could wheelie any speed 1st - 3rd easily. Is this true? I don't understand much about why I would take from the front instead of adding to the rear. Is going down 1 in the front the same as adding 1 in the rear? Or is it like adding several in the rear? If someone could please explain to me how this works and let me know how much easier my bike will wheelie now I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 10-04-2006, 09:52 PM

charsha1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wheelie gearing question?

hey u dont want to do a 75 mph wheelie go to a parking lot and do a 10 mph wheelie anyone can do it at 75 but doing at 10 is the trick
Old 10-04-2006, 09:54 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

last time i'm posting this...

THERE IS NO MIRACLE FVCKING CURE.. YOU LEARN TO WHEELIE IN 1-3RD BY PRACTICE. A HB, GEARING, DENTED TANK, 12 BAR OR CAGE WILL NOT HELP YOU LEARN TO BALANCE A WHEELIE... WHY THE FVCK WOULD U BRING IT UP AT 75? USE THE CLUTCH OR GO BACK TO THE OCEAN SQUID
Old 10-04-2006, 10:03 PM

gr8tkisr2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on be nice help the guy out abit
Old 10-04-2006, 10:05 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i just did
Old 10-04-2006, 10:12 PM

silver_rr is an unknown quantity at this point

you need practice Jason Britton was doing circles on a stock gsxr in a superbikes episode you can gear whatever you want until you go out and actually DO IT you will never know its about technique and knowing what to do.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:26 PM

babyJOKER is an unknown quantity at this point

the same old question everyday
Old 10-04-2006, 10:42 PM

cjmaurine is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I didnt mean to offend you with posting my question. But by the way I am the only house on a dead end road and the road is completely straight so I can see any cars. The only person I could hurt is myself so please don't be rude. But I would still appreciate it if someone could explain to me how reducing the number of front teeth is different than adding rear teeth? Which is better and why? You also made a good point about slow wheelies. My friend told me that if I can master fast whelies than slow ones would e easier. Is this not true? Thanks
Old 10-04-2006, 10:48 PM

THE HEAD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjmaurine
Sorry I didnt mean to offend you with posting my question. But by the way I am the only house on a dead end road and the road is completely straight so I can see any cars. The only person I could hurt is myself so please don't be rude. But I would still appreciate it if someone could explain to me how reducing the number of front teeth is different than adding rear teeth? Which is better and why? You also made a good point about slow wheelies. My friend told me that if I can master fast whelies than slow ones would e easier. Is this not true? Thanks
do slow ones first and learn brake control before you start doin fast ones.. and the whole teeth thing.. it doesnt matter.. i think 1 tooth in the front equals 3 or 4 in the back.. somethin like that.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:55 PM

babyJOKER is an unknown quantity at this point

the stock gearing will be good to learn on cuz the bike will have less engine breaking. therefore u need to use the rear brake to slow it down and that will help u when u riding the bike that is geared.
-1 in the front = 2.75 up in the rear
Old 10-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Magnificent Ruffian

Joeyblitz is an unknown quantity at this point

listen to crotchy,forget about wheelieing at 75,u will kill urself and it's gay.If u already have the sprockets put them on ,but practice 1st gear ,clutched not power wheelies in your cul-de-sac.the trick is to clutch up to the balance point and learn to use your rear brake and throttle to walk it withouth having to go faster and faster to keep it up! oh chit,I just looked and saw ur on a R1. ur done! sell the sprockets on ebay .ur gonna flip that bike either way.yikes!!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 PM

Customwhite can only hope to improve

actually the cage helps...It builds confidence...HELPED me ...still cant ride them out long but feel more comfortable with the cage...I know its only psychological really but it helps.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Magnificent Ruffian

Joeyblitz is an unknown quantity at this point

ok ,ur on a f2 you'll b ok! beat the crud out of it!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Yeah your -1 +6 is equal to about +9 rear only..
Old 10-05-2006, 01:54 PM
B.T.M.

Originally Posted by Customwhite
actually the cage helps...It builds confidence...HELPED me ...still cant ride them out long but feel more comfortable with the cage...I know its only psychological really but it helps.
i learned slow **** n coasters n stuff without a cage.. i think that helps, makes u NEVER drop your bike, now i have a cage and it's only touched the ground twice... very lightly
Old 10-05-2006, 04:21 PM

shockermatt is a jewel in the roughshockermatt is a jewel in the roughshockermatt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cjmaurine
My friend told me that if I can master fast whelies than slow ones would e easier. Is this not true? Thanks
fast wheelies are much easier than slow stuff. so no, not true.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:24 PM

Customwhite can only hope to improve

i guess everyone has a different opinion...