Clip Ons

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:14 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JOEJOE750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Clip Ons

Can someone give me some advice on clip ons?? I run stock right now i want to get some aftermarket ones that make it easier to jump throug to 50/50.. I am really unflexible and can use any help available>!!HAHA Let me know if anyone has any advice.. I have a gsxr 600 02. I called our sponsor woodcraft and they said that theres are lower, i dont think that would help much?? I dont know??

Thanks
JOEJOE
Old 10-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: Clip Ons

woodcraft put above the top clamp. or above the top clamp and flipped.

make it work. it will feel goofy as fvck the first few sessions but you will love it, im un flexible as hell to and i rocket flipped vortex and my spreaders got sick, u can actully put your legs under your hands and get the V if u can't do the splits

Last edited by Wheeliest; 10-04-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
woodcraft put above the top clamp. or above the top clamp and flipped.
THat works?? Do i have to modify Anything??
Old 10-04-2006, 01:21 PM

DUMPstar is an unknown quantity at this point

just stretch
Old 10-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

slightly lower your front end, just enough to have atleast 3/4th the clip on clamped on. doesn't have to be flush, also i suggest since u are mechanicly inclinded to use a dial caliper for perfect height ajustment per fork coming above the tripple, if ur off a millimeter it tends to weirden your susspension.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Scrapes Elbow

and i promise you it will make stoppies way more comfortable/controllable 2.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:38 PM

and i promise you it will make stoppies way more comfortable/controllable 2.
THanks so much bro!! On the phone now with woodcraft..I will have the mechanic from our team check your posts out!! I have no idea what the f your talking about!! HAHA i am excited to get these and try some ****! Thanks a bunch bro!!

JOEJOE
Old 10-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Scrapes Elbow

its easy, u call wood craft and get the lowest degree clip-ons from them, and put the one thats suppose to go on the right side on the left and upside down. but in order to put it on top of the tripple bridge (where the ignition bolts) u must slide your forks alittle through. it will give u a dirt bike feel, and a aggressive feel.

but trust me you will absolutly HATE it for the first few sessions, just practice some stoppies and spreaders n you will see what im talking about
Old 10-04-2006, 02:56 PM

its easy, u call wood craft and get the lowest degree clip-ons from them, and put the one thats suppose to go on the right side on the left and upside down. but in order to put it on top of the tripple bridge (where the ignition bolts) u must slide your forks alittle through. it will give u a dirt bike feel, and a aggressive feel.

but trust me you will absolutly HATE it for the first few sessions, just practice some stoppies and spreaders n you will see what im talking about
They will be here friday, i will put them on on sunday and ride, i will let you know how it goes!! Thanks for all your help man!!

JOEJOE
Old 10-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Scrapes Elbow

no problem!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:50 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JOEJOE750
I called our sponsor woodcraft
Thanks
JOEJOE
Hook me up with a set and I'll be your best friend

Oh and I could use some rearsets too.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:56 PM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

wood craft , vortex , pvm ( if your a man ) , all of them will work better then stock as long as you throw them on top of your tripple tree, after doing that i wourd never go back to stock clip ons !
Old 10-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Hmmm I heard about that but I didn't want to mess up my suspension. I have the woodcrafts flipped to but on bottom.. I might try that or just go DB
Old 10-04-2006, 04:21 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

I tried it on the bottom and didn't care for it but that was with stock clipons.
How much are pvm's going for
Old 10-04-2006, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by silverstunterR6
Hook me up with a set and I'll be your best friend

Oh and I could use some rearsets too.
I am sure they will give you a discount, just tell them felony freestyle sent you!!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by alexcod
wood craft , vortex , pvm ( if your a man ) , all of them will work better then stock as long as you throw them on top of your tripple tree, after doing that i wourd never go back to stock clip ons !
THey will be here friday, cant wait to try this **** out~!~

JOEJOE
Old 10-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

i suggest since u are mechanicly inclinded to use a dial caliper for perfect height ajustment per fork coming above the tripple, if ur off a millimeter it tends to weirden your susspension.
hahah my right fork is like at least a 1/4" higher then my left....

i have the fi zero degree clip on's they are sweet....not turned straight out i can't stand that...
Old 10-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Scrapes Elbow

yeah u can't push them completely straight out, but like a 10-15 degree inwards is perfect.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:16 AM

J-cheezy is a decent person

just take your stock clipons put them on top upside down with the left on the right and the right on the left thats what I did because im broke and aftermarket clipons arent in the budget untill november
Old 10-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Group Moderator

destfrDSF is an unknown quantity at this point

come on joe i ride with my stock clipons and i love the combos you know you can do it so just do it!!! or go buy a f4i lol:YEAH wondo

Quick Reply: Clip Ons