Cage Wait Time?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 06:28 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cage Wait Time?

Originally Posted by Tiretrauma
The TL Im assuming was easier? I was contemplating getting rid of my 9 for an F4i but was scared it would set me back. Ill be interested to see what you think after a few months.
The main thing that set me back was how the power comes on. I didn't stunt my TL except for second gear bouncing standups a few years ago. I did however stunt my DRZ and it was really easy to pop it up to BP or at least easy for me because I was used to how the power comes on. It was very similiar to my TLR that way, with a lot of the power low in the revs. The F4i's power band is what was giving me the most problems. Hadn't ridden an inline 4 in probably 4 years so its just weird as hell. But I am getting it, I just have to give it a ton of juice. After last Sunday I am kind of getting past the powerband thing and now I just need to get it up to bp and get comfortable with it up there like I was on my DRZ. Not that I was a pro on my DRZ but I was slowing down first gear stuff when I stopped riding that and made the switch. Anyway, so far I love the F4i, if you are thinking about it, do it.