unconsistant gsxr idle

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 02:29 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about
Re: unconsistant gsxr idle

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
NICE ILL GET SOME HOSE ON THE WAY HOME FROM WORK THANX
Hopefully that made sense to you.. if it doesn't pm and I'll take some pics when I get off work tonight.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:42 PM

Johnf is an unknown quantity at this point

just got of google,,, and this is what thay had to say about the bike

stronger. This is achieved in part by the use of a new fuel injection system, which is 370 grams lighter than last year's. Where the 03 used four, single-barrel throttle bodies, the 04's feature dual, double-barrel units with Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV). Containing two butterfly valves inside the throttle body, the primary is controlled by the rider, the secondary by the bike's smaller, lighter Electronic Control Module (ECM). Reading information from sensors located on the crankshaft, the gearbox and the throttle, the ECM uses a stepping motor. This opens and closes this secondary butterfly, depending on the engine rpm, the gear position, or how much throttle the rider is dialing in. The result is a feel that is similar to that of CV carburetors, allowing the bike to pull strongly from as low as 6000 rpm. Pretty amazing when you think it revs to 15500 rpm!

so i think the second set of bodys might be the prob,,,,,,,,, im un hooking them today and will let all know,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 09-28-2006, 04:30 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Johnf

stronger. This is achieved in part by the use of a new fuel injection system, which is 370 grams lighter than last year's. Where the 03 used four, single-barrel throttle bodies, the 04's feature dual, double-barrel units with Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV). Containing two butterfly valves inside the throttle body, the primary is controlled by the rider, the secondary by the bike's smaller, lighter Electronic Control Module (ECM). Reading information from sensors located on the crankshaft, the gearbox and the throttle, the ECM uses a stepping motor. This opens and closes this secondary butterfly, depending on the engine rpm, the gear position, or how much throttle the rider is dialing in. The result is a feel that is similar to that of CV carburetors, allowing the bike to pull strongly from as low as 6000 rpm. Pretty amazing when you think it revs to 15500 rpm!

so i think the second set of bodys might be the prob,,,,,,,,, im un hooking them today and will let all know,,,,,,,,,,,,,
YOU BETTER GET BACK TO US ON THAT **** THANX AND GOOD LUCK ALSO LOOK AT THE TRE MOD
Old 09-28-2006, 04:43 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

SWEET!!! Google.. I knew that little toolbar up top of stuntlife was there for something....
Old 09-28-2006, 05:01 PM

Taylor PG is a decent person

One of my team mates got an 03 600. When it would warm up that thing would not hold idle for *****. It acted like it was dropping a cylinder. Turned out to be a bad coil pack on one of the cylinders. Just thought I would throw that out. might be a help.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
YOU BETTER GET BACK TO US ON THAT **** THANX AND GOOD LUCK ALSO LOOK AT THE TRE MOD
did the tre mod,,,,, it took me like 1/2 hour to do (by the way if any body want one hit me up,,,,, it was less than $20.00 bucks to make) i think i hooked it up wrong or just lose..... and i have my clutch switch wiered together, so the mod doesnt work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mabey theres some thing to that,,
Old 09-28-2006, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
SWEET!!! Google.. I knew that little toolbar up top of stuntlife was there for something....
funny im so dumb, i opened another window to use google
Old 09-28-2006, 06:47 PM

did the tre mod,,,,, it took me like 1/2 hour to do (by the way if any body want one hit me up,,,,, it was less than $20.00 bucks to make) i think i hooked it up wrong or just lose..... and i have my clutch switch wiered together, so the mod doesnt work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mabey theres some thing to that,,
DAM I WAS HOPEIN THAT WOULD SOLVE THE PROB FUKIN GSXR'S
Old 09-28-2006, 07:21 PM

i disconnected the electro motor for the throttle bodys and it it runs stronger but i dont have time to test it till next thursday,,,,,,,, sorry ,
Old 10-21-2006, 04:01 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Dean Ellis is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know if a PC III has anything to do with it. I have one with a full exhaust filter etc. Since the pc taps into the TPS do you think it might be causing it? And if other have " lemons " i dont know if that is in fact the problem unless everyone with the problem is running a power commander... IDK im at a loss. strong idle or not i have figured out how to ride it smooth... but it dont make for long no handlers, etc.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:12 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by binder929rr
my 929 did that really bad, my gixxer is doing it also, but not near as bad. idles at 3500 until i start rocking the brake then it drops down to about 2500 or so and doesn't pull very hard. i've snyced everything so who knows.
ithought the 929 you had to disconnect the exhuast valve you know the butterly thing and i heard the gsxr you had to put the idle controll between the two middle throttle bodies
Old 10-22-2006, 11:18 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by liduno
ithought the 929 you had to disconnect the exhuast valve you know the butterly thing and i heard the gsxr you had to put the idle controll between the two middle throttle bodies

you can try anything on the 929 and i couldn't get it to idle above 2krpms. i had one that i did all the stuff on, and the other i left stock...the stock one actually pulled harder than the one with all the exhaust valves and intake valves removed.

i think the secondary valves on the intake for the gixxer mess it up.....i might try to disconnect them and see if that helps.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:53 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well having ridin almost everything now, the gsxr's idle is absolute crap. If you come off a 636 and jump on a gsxr you will think its a big P.O.S. and really the gsxr is. I found with stock exhaust it runs alot better down low with aftermarked the bottom end just is garbage and the bike runs like a terd. So if you got your stock exhaust put it back on and it will help a little bit.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by liduno
putting a idle screw between the throttle seems like the most logical thing to do after doin the mod on my f4i i will have to take the air box off my k5 gsxr to see if it will work
Old 10-22-2006, 09:57 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Dean Ellis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
Well having ridin almost everything now, the gsxr's idle is absolute crap. If you come off a 636 and jump on a gsxr you will think its a big P.O.S. and really the gsxr is. I found with stock exhaust it runs alot better down low with aftermarked the bottom end just is garbage and the bike runs like a terd. So if you got your stock exhaust put it back on and it will help a little bit.
Sounds good.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:21 PM

rocketrider4lif is an unknown quantity at this point

try a new tps sensor
Old 10-22-2006, 10:35 PM
vvXDL Finals Las Vegas vv

Ford will become famous soon enoughFord will become famous soon enough

i have an 04 gix 6....idle seems very strong to me, but sometimes inconsistent. to me the problem doesn't seem to be the "pull" of the idle, but the consistancy at which it runs..i've rode a lot of different bikes and they seem to have a much stronger idle than most, just not consistant like an f4i. my idle up is located on left side of the throttle bodies like the pic in that other thread. it work pretty well on that side