Another Sprocket ? (sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 03:25 PM

XSteveDiesX is an unknown quantity at this point
Another Sprocket ? (sorry)

Ive been reading this site a lot lately and Im lovin the good advice. Im new to the sport, went to quite a few stunt shows this summer and have been reading up on it. So now that I have the means to buy a bike that I can use solely for stunting, I have a few questions (sorry if theyve been answered a million times)

1. What sprocket size? Ive read a lot on here but im not 100% sure on what exactly I need to do. I want to still be able to ride with all my friends (I dont care about the highway I have another bike for that) up and through town (maybe max speed of 70 or 75?) And I want to be able to ride a lot in parking lots since thats what ill mainly be doing. So what ive gathered from here is I should go up maybe 10 in the rear?

2. What cage do you reccomend (i will mostly likely be buying an 01 Gixxer 6) Ive been looking and FI looks kinda sketchy..SI looks really beefy and I obviously like the price. 905 looks pretty solid.

3. 12 o clock bar? I like SI's 12 bar also, (and of coarse the price) but they all pretty much seem like the same deal to me aside from having to drill on a couple. Are there any major differences between them?

Obviously money is not a huge issue with this stuff because it would cost more to fix a bent frame than spending an extra 50 bucks for a better cage.

Thanks for any help thats offered....
Old 09-27-2006, 03:29 PM

Hazen is a decent person
Re: Another Sprocket ? (sorry)

Most of what you're asking is opinion.

Sprocket - Add 10 teeth to the rear. So if you have a 42, get a 52.

Cage - If it's your first one get something SOLID. MXD, Powers, Sick Innovations.... the Freestyle is just some frame sliders with a hoop. Nice cage, but not for a beginner.

Bar tricks are gae, but if you're learning to 12 you'll prolly want a flat bar. You can make em cheap or get one from just about any company. Prolly wanna reinforce your subframe before you even get started.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:35 PM

Thanks a lot. I figured I wanted something beefy since its gonna be getting dropped a lot.

Do you think the 10 teeth in the back is a good idea/good for what im trying to do?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:38 PM

budd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the rough

powers 12 bar no drillin of subframe but if you are just learning you dont need it plastic is more forgiving than metal
Old 09-27-2006, 03:42 PM

OutkastZ_636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XSteveDiesX
Thanks a lot. I figured I wanted something beefy since its gonna be getting dropped a lot.

Do you think the 10 teeth in the back is a good idea/good for what im trying to do?
ya man a 10 tooth will work..maybe go down 1 or 2 in the fronth also...but it will be enough...cuz like (can't remember name as im typing) the first guy who replied said...it's all opinion...
Old 09-27-2006, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by budd
powers 12 bar no drillin of subframe but if you are just learning you dont need it plastic is more forgiving than metal
Who makes them in plastic?

Thanks for all the help guys...
Old 09-27-2006, 03:48 PM

jcrojas is an unknown quantity at this point

Who makes them in plastic?
Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, and Kawasaki makes them in plastic (He meant just use your stock tail to learn). Good luck.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:50 PM

budd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the rough

hahahahahaha now thats comedy
Old 09-27-2006, 04:01 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Ive been reading this site a lot lately and Im lovin the good advice. Im new to the sport, went to quite a few stunt shows this summer and have been reading up on it. So now that I have the means to buy a bike that I can use solely for stunting, I have a few questions (sorry if theyve been answered a million times)

1. What sprocket size? Ive read a lot on here but im not 100% sure on what exactly I need to do. I want to still be able to ride with all my friends (I dont care about the highway I have another bike for that) up and through town (maybe max speed of 70 or 75?) And I want to be able to ride a lot in parking lots since thats what ill mainly be doing. So what ive gathered from here is I should go up maybe 10 in the rear?

2. What cage do you reccomend (i will mostly likely be buying an 01 Gixxer 6) Ive been looking and FI looks kinda sketchy..SI looks really beefy and I obviously like the price. 905 looks pretty solid.

3. 12 o clock bar? I like SI's 12 bar also, (and of coarse the price) but they all pretty much seem like the same deal to me aside from having to drill on a couple. Are there any major differences between them?

Obviously money is not a huge issue with this stuff because it would cost more to fix a bent frame than spending an extra 50 bucks for a better cage.

Thanks for any help thats offered....
soo many things to say..
1st, do NOT get a gixxer.. they are fvckin garbage, if u get one, i hope u know a good aluminum welder for when your frame cracks.. and hope u know a good mechanic for when your motor blows..
2nd, learn on stock
3rd. you don't need a 12 bar
4th, i don't care what cage u get
Old 09-27-2006, 05:07 PM

coast2coast is an unknown quantity at this point

f4i powers cage and 12 bar 60tooth
Old 09-27-2006, 10:37 PM

Gixxers are garbage huh? Im also looking at an R6 (00) and theres a 98 CBR6 runnin around out here for sale..
Old 09-27-2006, 10:40 PM

WiCkEd929 is an unknown quantity at this point

get the honda
Old 09-27-2006, 10:54 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

i personally would go with a honda, but my second choice would be a kawisucki rr or 636 and last 2 would be f2 or f3. like previously stated learn with stock gears, you dont need a bar, and any reputable cage will do. i use a tygershark cage available from www.tygershark.net
Old 09-27-2006, 11:13 PM

VK_Boomer is an unknown quantity at this point

suzuki's aint the best but they arnt garbage, i've been rockin an 02 gxsr6 for about 7 months now, and havent had any problems, and if u know me that bikes been through alot, if ur looking for a bike get something that easy to fix and parts are easy to come by. diffently do some research on what the bikes weak points are. every bike has them. 4 cages again is subjection to opinion. i got a F/I there weak compared to the 905 and MXD, but i rather be fixn a cage than a frame. sprockets depending on what u want to do, i went up 12 in the rear and its good. but my buddy has a 05 gxsr and put a pizza pan on his and that shiet gangsta. i like 10x better than mine. and 4 12 bars make ur own save some money spend it on a HB and oil pickup. man i can go on but hopefully this helps.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:52 PM

Thanks for all the good advice everyone!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by WiCkEd929
get the honda

+1
Old 09-28-2006, 05:35 AM

DWJmoto will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WiCkEd929
get the honda
+1
Old 09-28-2006, 03:08 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
soo many things to say..
1st, do NOT get a gixxer.. they are fvckin garbage, if u get one, i hope u know a good aluminum welder for when your frame cracks.. and hope u know a good mechanic for when your motor blows..
2nd, learn on stock
3rd. you don't need a 12 bar
4th, i don't care what cage u get
+1 lol, crotch always got the best posts,
very true about the gixxers i must say.
they su(k cheese