Ive had an ephihany....

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 06:19 PM

Ace151Slayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive had an ephihany....

Today after I got a nice 6 hours to ride(got outta classes early) I realized something. After everyone told me to work on 2nd gear stand ups over sit downs, and I said no...

I worked on them today...And I must say, they are so much fvcking better. THANK YOU. I can rock them for a good distance now, at least a couple hundred feet. Still not at BP on them, but still, everyone works up to that.

If doesnt feel awkward at all anymore, it feels alot more comfortable. So I must say to all the people who told me to go to those, including the haters, Thank you. This **** gave me a huge boost of confidence.

Anyway, I have a question. When I do stand ups I noticed its kinda hard for me to use RB....Vs. sitting down. It feels like my foot is farther away now when standing up. Is there a way to adjust the RB lever height? I like it being right underneath my foot the whole time since Im still learning it.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:21 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ive had an ephihany....

yes, look at the rod that comes from the rear master, to the lever, adjust that dippy.. staggered, and apply some pressure
Old 09-26-2006, 06:21 PM

OverRatedRiderz is an unknown quantity at this point

it feels fine for me... ar eu standing on ur passenger pegs? or u just on ur pegs?....i found it harder to work on my RB when my feet were on my pegs...but since i put my left on the passenger it feels like i can touch the RB better than when i was on my pegs
Old 09-26-2006, 06:25 PM

Im standing staggered. It just feels so far away form my foot. And I dont like that. Ill just try adjusting it.

Thanks crtch.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:10 PM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

For me I can't touch the brake pedal until I bring the bike up. The higher the bike is the closer my foot is to the pedal.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:13 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Ace151Slayer
Today after I got a nice 6 hours to ride(got outta classes early) I realized something. After everyone told me to work on 2nd gear stand ups over sit downs, and I said no...

I worked on them today...And I must say, they are so much fvcking better. THANK YOU. I can rock them for a good distance now, at least a couple hundred feet. Still not at BP on them, but still, everyone works up to that.

If doesnt feel awkward at all anymore, it feels alot more comfortable. So I must say to all the people who told me to go to those, including the haters, Thank you. This **** gave me a huge boost of confidence.

Anyway, I have a question. When I do stand ups I noticed its kinda hard for me to use RB....Vs. sitting down. It feels like my foot is farther away now when standing up. Is there a way to adjust the RB lever height? I like it being right underneath my foot the whole time since Im still learning it.
just cause you can make a longer whoolie in second doesnt mean its better . the only reason you can keep it up longer is because you have more gear to go through, only thing second gear is good for when learning is hurting worse when you eat **** .
Old 09-26-2006, 09:15 PM

not trying to be a ****, just dont want you to make the same mistake a couple of buddies of mine did.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:26 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stock05
not trying to be a ****, just dont want you to make the same mistake a couple of buddies of mine did.
when i get my next bike im gonna work on no-clutch-hand wheelies so i can be cool like you!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by FSPalex
when i get my next bike im gonna work on no-clutch-hand wheelies so i can be cool like you!
not even gonna eBattle, see me in the streets!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:10 PM

Eh, a lot of people around here when I asked a while ago, said they learned in 2nd on the streets. Not the first gear parking lot stuff. I know its going to hurt more. And yes, I know I have more gear, but Im working my way higher and higher is the thing I dont really care for distance to be honest.. Eventually Ill either hit BP or loop and learn. Let me do my thing brotha.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ace151Slayer
Eh, a lot of people around here when I asked a while ago, said they learned in 2nd on the streets. Not the first gear parking lot stuff. I know its going to hurt more. And yes, I know I have more gear, but Im working my way higher and higher is the thing I dont really care for distance to be honest.. Eventually Ill either hit BP or loop and learn. Let me do my thing brotha.
not trying to knock you just tryin to help
Old 09-27-2006, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by stock05
not trying to knock you just tryin to help
Oh yeah I got you, I wasnt tryin to be a **** with my reply. I know you were just trying to give me warning, and I appreciate that bro. It just seems 2nd gear is better for me to learn in cause of less choppyness, and to be honest, its making my 1st gear stuff alot more smooth. Different strokes for different folks Thanks again.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:26 AM

Guru is a decent person

if your rockin a stock f4i man i would rock all my wheelies in first. when mine was stock i rocked 1st gear everything. hc tanks. you have alot more engine brake. and if you dont know your rear brake it will help you out more!