Side to side, wtf...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 05:59 PM

Ace151Slayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Side to side, wtf...

K this question is about my f4i, i decided to stop ****ing with the drz110 and go back to the f4i and get real with it, Im not at BP yet, but Im getting close. Sometimes Ill glance at my tach, and ill see the rpms steady for a few seconds, but then I always ends up running to the redline on it, so its like Im getting that high, just not keeping it there the entire time, im skipping in and out of it.

Anyway my real question is I drift to the left. Its always to the left, and you can see how this tends to be a problem, because Im either drifting into someones elses lane on the highway, or into head on traffic on the backroads.

So how the fvck do I keep it from straffing left when Im doin my sitdowns? Thats my problem.

Last edited by Ace151Slayer; 09-24-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:12 PM

Kra-Z-Krs is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Side to side, wtf...

Slide your *** on the right side of the seat this puts you wait on the right. the reason it goes to the left is because the chain is on the left and the tention pulls to the left. all bikes do the same.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:17 PM

jeffc is an unknown quantity at this point

what about stand ups on the hwy. i could go straight for a mile or so aslong as the hwy would too. i could kinda ajust with the front wheel but never change lanes like other people. how do you turn on a standup going 75mph in staggered stance.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:16 PM

shockermatt is a jewel in the roughshockermatt is a jewel in the roughshockermatt is a jewel in the rough

pretty much the same way...just shift your weight. kinda lean your *** to one side or the other. i have a buddy that only likes wheelie around turns or change lanes on the highway. if the road is straight he usually won't even play, as soon as we come to a curve, up he goes.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:36 PM

Alright, Ill give it a try, I aint even been ****in with my stand ups anymore, til I get BP down with the sit downs. Whenever I try a stand up, Im just way to choppy compared to sitdowns.

Thanks for the heads up though, ill try sliding right.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:01 PM

OverRatedRiderz is an unknown quantity at this point

ADVICE......cover your rear brake... and stand ups seem to be easier when u have ur left foot on the passenger peg an the right on the brake... its much easier to keep ur BP that way....thats my point of view
Old 09-25-2006, 12:25 AM

foxswank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ace151Slayer
Alright, Ill give it a try, I aint even been ****in with my stand ups anymore, til I get BP down with the sit downs. Whenever I try a stand up, Im just way to choppy compared to sitdowns.

Thanks for the heads up though, ill try sliding right.
Sitdowns are the problem!! I know this cause I had the same problem. The solution is not to keep sitting down. The answer is the opposite. Honestly try standing stagered(left foot and the passenger per and right covering the brake). It took me 4 months to try it and when I finally did the stagered wheelie I was wheelieing for miles straight. Now I can wheelie sitting straight.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:26 AM

Yeah, well I tried learning stand ups, and I just kept slamming **** down real hard almost getting headshake everytime. Its like, whenever I stand up and pull one up, I get disoriented with my side to side body positioning.

So I started with sit downs and Im getting a hell of a lot better now, I can actually see progress which feels good and makes me wanna work at it harder.

And I know to cover rear brake, havent come to the point where I need it to save me yet, but I think I have the reaction down, Im pretty sure, haha...

Oh and I know the process for stand ups, staggered, I just seem to **** them up as soon as I bring them up, or maybe its all in my head
Old 09-25-2006, 01:42 AM

foxswank is an unknown quantity at this point

ok well your just missing the ***** part!!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:48 AM

Scott982 is a decent person

If you have a shitty tire the bike will pull or if your chain adjusters are not even..
Old 09-25-2006, 03:11 AM

Hmm, I dunno, I had a problem way back when, and I posted about it, the front end, the forks arent even with one another, there turned slightly to the right. I think tis a bent triple...

I didnt know it maybe that was throwing me off, I know it sure does when Im setting the front tire down. Ive almost ate it about 6 times this week from sitting it down when it looks straight, and then forget its off...
Old 09-25-2006, 04:10 AM

GT636 is an unknown quantity at this point

What tire pressure are you running. Even for highway speed wheelies it's alot easier to control with the pressure dropped. I run like 25ish for freeway ****.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:59 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

stop playing on the little bike. throttle control goes to **** when you do...look at all the people who whine about how their throttle control goes south when they ride 50's all the time.

lane changing is cake, just take it up to or a little past BP and a little weight on whichever side you're trying to turn to.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by KF_Chris
stop playing on the little bike. throttle control goes to **** when you do...look at all the people who whine about how their throttle control goes south when they ride 50's all the time.

Hence, why I said Im done ****ing with it for a long while at least.