636 flipped clip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 11:57 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
636 flipped clip-ons

03-04 who's done it

pro's?
con's?
Old 09-22-2006, 12:07 PM

Zackie Chan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 636 flipped clip-ons

me the sh*t leverage, easy pull threw, cheap to replace. many more.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:11 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

does it strain your wrists bad?
Old 09-22-2006, 12:17 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

i got woodcraft's flippped.Feels like a lazy-boy
Old 09-22-2006, 12:18 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

gonna try it. nice r1
Old 09-26-2006, 09:07 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person

any more feedback on this? does it work w/ your upper on if you flip them? andyone have a pic of their 636 w/ flipped clip-ons? or even turned out clipon's?
Old 09-26-2006, 09:13 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I flipped them on sunday.Left side was a breeze.On the right side the master cylinder would not line up right cause it would hit the fork tube so I just spaced it out about 3 inches away from the fork tube.The throttle sleeve then hung off the clip-on by about 2 inches so I had to grind all that off to get the bar end on.It feels pretty damn weird.Gonna try to ride it sometime this week cause I fu cked up my back(AGAIN!!) The bars stick out really wide and it looks like if I crash it will snap a clip-on for sure.

Anyone know where to get a db setup for the 636??
Old 09-26-2006, 09:15 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

ok, flipped stockers are the easy cheap fix, but still cost a lot to replace when broke, and dont allow you to mount the HB AND controls

Get FI 0 degree clipons, $10 to replace the bar if you bend it. Also it's more likely to bend than break so even if you crash your day of riding is not done, just loosen and adjust the bar and keep riding. You can mount all controls AND HB and moose lever etc with the longer FI bars.

FI's are better in a lot of ways, ask anyone that has them! FIcages.com
Old 09-26-2006, 09:17 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

^ +1 no room for a handbreak on my setup.Gonna buy another setup,I just wanted to see what it felt like.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146

Anyone know where to get a db setup for the 636??

HAIbikeshop.com they have everything in stock and have the best price on the stuff you are going to get.

Tice, Joe or Mark will take care of you, they know what they are doing when it comes to DB setups!!!

you'll need:
Risers
Bars
longer brake lines (unless you already have braided lines, you can make those work)
acerbis headlight
renthal grips (optional, lol)

Might as well get a moose lever (they have those in stock too) while you're at it if you dont already have one!!! LOL
Old 09-26-2006, 09:19 AM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

I turned mine out on my gixxer. Going to rock it out tonight when I get my sub reinstalled.. feels great so far. I haven't fliped them either yet I was going to try it both ways. Does flipping them really feel that much better? And yes the do look like they are going to break a hel*a lot more than before
Old 09-26-2006, 09:23 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by John LegionST
HAIbikeshop.com they have everything in stock and have the best price on the stuff you are going to get.

Tice, Joe or Mark will take care of you, they know what they are doing when it comes to DB setups!!!

you'll need:
Risers
Bars
longer brake lines (unless you already have braided lines, you can make those work)
acerbis headlight

Might as well get a moose lever (they have those in stock too) while you're at it if you dont already have one!!! LOL
The lsl kits at hai don't list one for the 636.I've tried the moose,msr, and I like my asv(hasn't broke yet).Just looks like I will need risers and bars.I'm really short and its hard for me to pull through the stock clip-ons so I need something higher.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
The lsl kits at hai don't list one for the 636.I've tried the moose,msr, and I like my asv(hasn't broke yet).Just looks like I will need risers and bars.I'm really short and its hard for me to pull through the stock clip-ons so I need something higher.

yeah screw the lsl kit... HAI has Tag risers and renthal bars... trust me, give them a call, they will have what you need!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:38 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Thanks,I will
Old 09-26-2006, 01:19 PM

babyJOKER is an unknown quantity at this point

you'll need:
Risers
Bars
acerbis headlight

+ powers cage
thats what i have for my set up and HAI is the way to go
Old 09-26-2006, 01:21 PM

louisvillerider is a decent person

yeah but you cant run a steering damper (not the gpr/scotts type) and i dont have loot for another damper
Old 09-26-2006, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
yeah but you cant run a steering damper (not the gpr/scotts type) and i dont have loot for another damper
you could run really high risers... just a thought. I would sell that damper and buy a rod style one

rotary style dampers **** anyway. They have a small stroke which means that a little slop at the damper equals a LOT of slop at the bars.

Rod style dampers are the way to go!!! A toby damper fits with DB bars and works great. Im assuming that ohlins and hyperpro will fit also
Old 09-26-2006, 01:36 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

fillpped works...got the easy pull and hb and upper.....sh its money
Old 09-26-2006, 08:20 PM

shortGSXR1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

no room for hand break?? you gotta take the headlight switch off and theres plenty of room. I mean it is a stunt bike

and sketchy i have no idea why the heck you had some much trouble say'n you gotta grind stuff and everyhing... thats crazy i have had no trouble at all
Old 12-29-2008, 12:33 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

u can put a hb on if u get a smaller db perch for the clutch

Quick Reply: 636 flipped clip-ons