Moose Easy Pull Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 01:25 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point
Moose Easy Pull Question

Are they any good... Just kidding, have another question about it. I have had one on my DRZ for awhile now and last night I put one on my F4i and it went on piece of cake. Anyway, had my friend come over so we could put one on his 636 and ran into some problems. First problem was that his stock adjuster was a different thread to put into the easy pull. Not a big deal, we can just use the one that came with it right, wrong. With the easy pull adjuster in there, I couldn't get any any free play in the clutch cable and we couldn't get the clutch to disengage. It was like the clutch cable was way too short.

Anyway, for those that are rocking moose easy pulls on 636's, how did you make it work? Am I missing something obvious?
Old 09-21-2006, 01:32 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Moose Easy Pull Question

Originally Posted by Jokertlr
Are they any good... Just kidding, have another question about it. I have had one on my DRZ for awhile now and last night I put one on my F4i and it went on piece of cake. Anyway, had my friend come over so we could put one on his 636 and ran into some problems. First problem was that his stock adjuster was a different thread to put into the easy pull. Not a big deal, we can just use the one that came with it right, wrong. With the easy pull adjuster in there, I couldn't get any any free play in the clutch cable and we couldn't get the clutch to disengage. It was like the clutch cable was way too short.

Anyway, for those that are rocking moose easy pulls on 636's, how did you make it work? Am I missing something obvious?
i dont know about 636's specifically, but most bikes have the clutch cable pulling on an arm at the other end. You can take a big pair of pliars and turn the arm manually so it loosens the cable.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

yeah loosen it up at the tranny arm.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:36 PM

Forgot to mention that I loosened it all the way down there but it was still too tight.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

are you sure u loosen'd it all the way
Old 09-21-2006, 01:46 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Mine went right on no problems, I did do a little adjusting on the tranny arm. Check the angle of the barrell as well, it might be causing it to cinch up a bit
Old 09-21-2006, 02:01 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

if you are talkin about that EZ pull mechanism thing that goes in line with your clutch cable, they're junk, send it back and get the Moose Ultimate clutch lever system (replaces your stock clutch perch and lever)

if you ARE talking about the perch and lever, then do what jay said, check to make sure the cable isnt binding anywhere and it should go right on with a little cable adjustment
Old 09-21-2006, 02:52 PM

Raider9170 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah the EZ pull is all in your head. I tried it on a few of my dirtbikes and I put one on my f4i (never kept it on a bike BUT kept it around) and it is lame. The amount it helps is so minute you might as well just forget it. Get your arms a little stronger and call it a day. A perfectly good way to waste $40.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:54 PM

J-cheezy is a decent person

Originally Posted by Raider9170
Yeah the EZ pull is all in your head. I tried it on a few of my dirtbikes and I put one on my f4i (never kept it on a bike BUT kept it around) and it is lame. The amount it helps is so minute you might as well just forget it. Get your arms a little stronger and call it a day. A perfectly good way to waste $40.

mine was like night and day best 40 bucks that ive ever spent on my bike
and not to mention it makes the transition form clutch lever to handbrake lever alot smoother
Old 09-21-2006, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Raider9170
It makes the clutch pull easier on all my bikes. Maybe my problem is I pull my clutch with my finger instead of my arms like you .
Old 09-21-2006, 05:19 PM

rushchaser is an unknown quantity at this point

When I put mine on my 636 I had to back the adjuster on the tranny all the way out to get it in. And as far as it not helping much you probabally put the cable in the wrong notch in the lever and/or you have the angle adjust thing in the clutch worng.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:32 PM

babyJOKER is an unknown quantity at this point

try squeeze ur clutch in like 30 times a minute on stock clutch and do the same on the moose and tell me u wont feel any different.

Last edited by babyJOKER; 09-21-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by rushchaser
When I put mine on my 636 I had to back the adjuster on the tranny all the way out to get it in. And as far as it not helping much you probabally put the cable in the wrong notch in the lever and/or you have the angle adjust thing in the clutch worng.
I tried it on the different settings... I did install this on two different bikes so its not my first time up to bat.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:14 PM

sizzling is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it a 03-04 or 05-06?

Just installed one on my -03 636. Like guys said above, the adjuster on the tranny all the way down, have the angle adjuster on the clutch perch centered, and have that cable adjuster on the clutch all the way down. I managed to get little freeplay on the cable after screwing around with it for a while. I can post pics if it helps? Or maybe the bike has bad clutch plates?

Sorry about my english
Old 03-11-2007, 05:03 AM

Ed-o is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MILTOWN BIG OP
try squeeze ur clutch in like 30 times a minute on stock clutch and do the same on the moose and tell me u wont feel any different.
Ya exactly. That s^*t's like night and day on my Kawi. I was getting a friggen mutant thumb muscle from using the stock one. Looked like my left thumb was on roids. Mine bolted up smooth too. Best $50 I ever spent on a bike, Have em on all my bikes
Old 03-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Scrapes Elbow

i love my moose clutch from HAI, its a joke pulling in the clutch now... but they should ship a F4i stock clutch ajuster with it, cause the moose one suck and suzuki/yamaha/kawi ajuster do not fit it.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:40 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
yeah loosen it up at the tranny arm.

+1, The moose perch shouldnt be much different in adjustment.