SI Round Bar VS. FI

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 09:42 AM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: SI Round Bar VS. FI

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
I cracked my sub last night doing an endo.. It has prolly been weakend from the bar but the endo did it in. I was missing one bolt up front and I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. Does anyone make an aftermarket subframe worth buying? Also I am thinking of making a jig and fabing a tubular subframe either A- one made out of aluminum square tube and plate similar to F4i. OR B- One made out of steel square tube and plate. Has anyone seen a steel sub put on any of these newer bikes? I am just to worried about braking frame tabs even with the rearset brace.
you'd be right to be scared of braking the frame tabs, those too would need to be reinforced and even then you will probably wind up braking or cracking them. Reinforce like the other post said, this i have seen to be the best fix.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:31 AM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by suicidl
"get an f4i":YEAH
Old 09-21-2006, 01:17 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Dean Ellis is an unknown quantity at this point

I cracked my sub last night doing an endo.. It has prolly been weakend from the bar but the endo did it in. I was missing one bolt up front and I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. Does anyone make an aftermarket subframe worth buying? Also I am thinking of making a jig and fabing a tubular subframe either A- one made out of aluminum square tube and plate similar to F4i. OR B- One made out of steel square tube and plate. Has anyone seen a steel sub put on any of these newer bikes? I am just to worried about braking frame tabs even with the rearset brace.
Scapeworks..
Old 09-21-2006, 01:21 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Originally Posted by f4stunna
seriously.. the bike is still (mostly) minty... sell that fvcker and buy a real bike to stunt
Except for the fact that it has been totaled out at leat 2 times... LOL I dont mind stunting with a minty bike. Though, it would be nice to have 2 bikes for when 1 is out... I'll be over in Torrington again this weekend if the weather is looking up.. Maybe I will see you.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:22 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Originally Posted by mikkee
Took 3yrs of pancakes to crack.. $100 for pimp plated welds that will never crack again... Don't kno how that is crappy being that none of these bikes were made to be dropped anyways..

Don't get butthurt.. This is about SUBFRAMES... stay on topic hater..

That would be good. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:50 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dean Ellis
Except for the fact that it has been totaled out at leat 2 times... LOL I dont mind stunting with a minty bike. Though, it would be nice to have 2 bikes for when 1 is out... I'll be over in Torrington again this weekend if the weather is looking up.. Maybe I will see you.
hopefully my radiator stops leaking
Old 09-21-2006, 03:02 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by f4stunna
hopefully my radiator stops leaking
Try some gastank fix a leak puddy.. I put some around my lower engine block gasket and seals wayy better than JB Weld.. Get it at any auto parts store..
Old 09-21-2006, 09:17 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Originally Posted by mikkee
Try some gastank fix a leak puddy.. I put some around my lower engine block gasket and seals wayy better than JB Weld.. Get it at any auto parts store..
amen!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:30 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Ho_Hey
SI round bar on my f4i and love it!
+1
Old 09-21-2006, 09:48 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Thought. Is it possible to keep the OEM tail light with the round bar? Doesnt really look like it.. Maybe a few mods?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:20 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Thought. Is it possible to keep the OEM tail light with the round bar? Doesnt really look like it.. Maybe a few mods?
come on homie, zip ties or fab up a bracket. also i did have to cut my tray to make the si bar fit
Old 09-21-2006, 10:43 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Originally Posted by stock05
come on homie, zip ties or fab up a bracket. also i did have to cut my tray to make the si bar fit

It was just a thought. I have a 6" LED bar that I was using. I just run with that..:YEAH
Old 09-21-2006, 11:11 PM

brucer6 is an unknown quantity at this point

try the brace from rear set to pasenger peg first if it still brakes than go from thare or just take the bar off and scape the tail
Old 09-23-2006, 02:17 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Originally Posted by brucer6
try the brace from rear set to pasenger peg first if it still brakes than go from thare or just take the bar off and scape the tail
as of right now i got i welded. I am rocking no bar or tail. Welds at get costly... Im prolly going to get it plated on the inside...
Old 09-24-2006, 05:07 AM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Scapeworks..
Have you seen anyone running a scrapeworks subframe. I coul easiely fab and build on just curious if anyone has had any problems with them. Right now mine is getting welded and I am going to just brace the rearsets
Old 09-24-2006, 03:59 PM

929_uR is a decent person

do you have to cut your tailpiece with a round bar, like you do on regular 12 bars???
Old 09-24-2006, 04:25 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Originally Posted by 929_uR
do you have to cut your tailpiece with a round bar, like you do on regular 12 bars???
no.. but u'll burn threw your tail until you hit it.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:28 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Have you seen anyone running a scrapeworks subframe. I coul easiely fab and build on just curious if anyone has had any problems with them. Right now mine is getting welded and I am going to just brace the rearsets
I've seen a few on other bikes. Not on a gixxer yet. But i have heard of a few. One in paticular that broke the tabs off the frame. But with a little renforcing i dont see the problems. Scapeworks subframe retail some where between $600-$650 I dont remember. SO if you can fab it. Fab it!:YEAH
Old 09-24-2006, 06:44 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

I've seen a few on other bikes. Not on a gixxer yet. But i have heard of a few. One in paticular that broke the tabs off the frame. But with a little renforcing i dont see the problems. Scapeworks subframe retail some where between $600-$650 I dont remember. SO if you can fab it. Fab it!:YEAH
I am getting my stock sub welded mon morning and putting it back on with strips to the rearsets for now. I have already made a jig to build a new subframe and hopefully will have it completed in the next couple weekends. Hard for me to work on it during the week. I will post up some pics of the steel square tube sub after I am through with it. Oh yeah and I drilled the mounts out in my frame and took a steel round tube that is tapped for threads from on side to the other. You can only do this on the front mount the back one I put the same steel bar on it about 3 inches, almost touching the shock and welded it to the front bar with stell 1/4 plate. It kind of ties on side of the frame to the other and hopefully will keep it from brakeing tabs with my new steel subframe!:YEAH
Old 09-24-2006, 07:18 PM

spiller03 is an unknown quantity at this point

beaware of a beefed up gxsr subframe... you'll brake the tabs off your frame... then you'll have to have your frame welded

Quick Reply: SI Round Bar VS. FI