Change your sparkplugs!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 06:17 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
Change your sparkplugs!!

Well after a bunch of shows and lots of time on the rev limiter my bike starting running like crap, the standard f4i bog had come to the point I couldnt even ride it barely. I figured I'd change the plugs out and see if it ran better. Put in the iridium ngk's that came stock like $17 a pop and my bike runs better than it ever has, world of difference. So ya if you've never done it DO IT!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:24 AM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough
Re: Change your sparkplugs!!

hahahahaha f4i's have like a 100,000 mile warranty from the factory dont they

hey D u need to roll up to stl for the ride of the century with the streetfighterz man its gonna be crazy
Old 09-12-2006, 07:22 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Originally Posted by mastermatt50
hahahahaha f4i's have like a 100,000 mile warranty from the factory dont they
hey D u need to roll up to stl for the ride of the century with the streetfighterz man its gonna be crazy
who buys a new f4i and stunts it out?? All mine have been salvaged and I'm pretty sure that voids the warranty Ya it would be nice to check out that ride, those streetfighter guys are crazy!!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:36 AM

00GSXR750 is an unknown quantity at this point

can you use any kind of throttle body spray in the thottlebodies, mine are all gumed up and i heard that the carb cleaners eat away at the fuel system.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:26 AM

fabioonachopper is a decent person

ya my bike totally died.. one day i was riding it and that night me and my buddies had a few ****tails and i decided to do some donuts on my newly bought f4.. so i fell and one of my buddies rode it inside.. the next day the bike dindt start.. i started to do ohm readings.. i bought a book to test all the wires.. i was bidding on a **** load of things on ebay... one of my buddies suggested i clean the plugs.. so i did and it started right up...
Old 09-12-2006, 09:13 AM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darius
Well after a bunch of shows and lots of time on the rev limiter my bike starting running like crap, the standard f4i bog had come to the point I couldnt even ride it barely. I figured I'd change the plugs out and see if it ran better. Put in the iridium ngk's that came stock like $17 a pop and my bike runs better than it ever has, world of difference. So ya if you've never done it DO IT!
+1!!!

I know it might be excessive, but I replace plugs at the begining of each year. Its a pain in the *** and as D said, expensive, but well worth it. Thats one thing that i never have to worry about then!!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:10 AM

fabioonachopper is a decent person

i ended up paying like 37 for my 4
Old 09-12-2006, 10:25 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

**** i change mine every 3 monthes like clock work.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:53 AM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought everyone knew about that? First thing I did when I bought my F4i was put in those spark plugs. I've ran them in my 929 and F4i and have NEVER had any problems with my spark plugs. Even when my bike tipped upside down and every cylinder was filled with oil I just cleaned up the spark plugs a bit and they still ran. With the NGK spark plugs, stock air filter, and an M4 Slip-On, even up here at a Mile High I have almost zero bog on the low end... you seriously can't hardly feel it and I have a -1/+10 setup.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:02 AM

Hazen is a decent person

Put in the iridium ngk's that came stock like $17 a pop and my bike runs better than it ever has, world of difference. So ya if you've never done it DO IT!
Good lookin out for other riders D.

I Didn't know there was any sportsmanship left in stunt riding.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:09 AM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person

the 2 dolla special knock off plugs at napa work great too! my **** fowld out a few months ago and the napa's seem to be a good quick fix!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:27 AM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ Regular NGK's arent that expensive.. and thats what honda uses from the factory.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:44 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Originally Posted by chirpin4th
^^^ Regular NGK's arent that expensive.. and thats what honda uses from the factory.
dont argue with me
Old 09-12-2006, 11:46 AM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

^^ not directed to you.. that was about crazy dan's post.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

the only reason you have to change plugs is because you are constantly bogging that pos down...get off the idle and feed her some revs you pus!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:49 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Yep, I always run the stock replacement plugs. Definetley a good idea despite the price
Old 09-12-2006, 11:51 AM

f4stunna is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
the only reason you have to change plugs is because you are constantly bogging that pos down...get off the idle and feed her some revs you pus!!!
ohhhh snap
Old 09-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Are the iridiums the stock plugs because my bike had them in it when I bought it used.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:01 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by NINER
Are the iridiums the stock plugs because my bike had them in it when I bought it used.

yep.. part number is IMR9A-9H
Old 09-12-2006, 12:04 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NINER
Be careful though, b/c you are not supposed to use any sort of solvent or gas to clean the tips of these plugs. Also, they come pre-gapped. Some people don't know that, which is surprising, but you do not have to gap these plugs.

Quick Reply: Change your sparkplugs!!